Thread: Tumblr

Pimp $

Tumblr

Anyone had success with Tumblr for mainstream? I was going to give it a try since Instagram has shit the bed for the most part. Anyone have any mainstream examples they would share? My focus is fitness area.

Does Tumblr allow scheduled postings? 3rd party sites that will do it?
    Not sure what to put here anymore...

Hood
    WITSEC
    Pimp $
    I use it for local client who didn't want to pay for a website. It ranks #1 & #2 on Google for the terms Samui Jet Ski & Koh Samui Jet Ski http://kohsamuijetski.com/

But, as you can see, I use my own domain, not a tumblr domain. You can schedule posts, but I am not sure about 3rd party sites. They have an App. Or you could do like Hootesuite and just post open in Tumblr rather than Instgram I suppose.

If you're looking to replace instagram, Twitter & Pinterest are good, both show in Google searches, unlike instagram and facebook posts. Twitter has changed so URLs don't count as many characters, and photos (up to 4) don't count as any characters now. Hootesuite schedules & posts automatically to both of those.
    VULTR For Non-Adult Sites (Fully managed)
    Deploy Your Apps on Vultr Cloud

VULTR For Adult Sites (Not Managed)

Pimp $
    Your page does not seem to use it, but was wondering about the importance of the primary vs. Secondary blog features. It seems a lot of people use the liking and sharing features to build more traffic internally, but is the traffic worth it, size wise?

Hood
    WITSEC
    Pimp $
    Quote Originally Posted by PMC View Post
    Your page does not seem to use it, but was wondering about the importance of the primary vs. Secondary blog features. It seems a lot of people use the liking and sharing features to build more traffic internally, but is the traffic worth it, size wise?
    That site is actually a secondary. I don't do any type of linking strategy, never have. If you want to post to it from like Instagram, or other things that can connect, they will only post to the main blog, you can't choose which one. At least not at this time.

I don't really use Tumblr anymore, so I'm not that caught up on how they do things. I think Yahoo kind of ruined it. Cloud Hosting is so cheap these days and I can knock out a WP site quickly, then I have complete control over anything I want to do.
    Last edited by Aišo; 08-28-2017 at 08:26 PM.

Pimp $
    Do you do any kind of autoblogging? I was checking out some rss picture feed scrapers but was having an issue so I haven't finished setting it up. Just looking for alternatives.

Hood
    WITSEC
    Pimp $
    Do you do any kind of autoblogging? I was checking out some rss picture feed scrapers but was having an issue so I haven't finished setting it up. Just looking for alternatives.
    nope. I do everything by hand. Only thing "auto" I do is scheduling posts for twitter, FB, Instagram, & Pinterest. I still make the posts by hand, but, with the exception of Instagram, they all get posted automatically at the times I choose. Instagram requires you to make the actual post manually, but, I get the scheduled posts sent to my phone, then just copy and paste it into Instagram.

Pimp $
    For FB do you post to an account or page?

Hood
    WITSEC
    Pimp $
    For FB do you post to an account or page?
    Always a page.

Hood
    WITSEC
    Pimp $
    Just out of curiosity, why would you want to use a FB profile? There's no analytics, no post scheduling, can't run ads, no website link, no social media links, no targeting, no button, no store, etc etc etc... Plus you're only allowed to have one FB Profile, if they someday catch you having more than one, they will delete you.

Pimp $
    Quote Originally Posted by Aišo View Post
    Just out of curiosity, why would you want to use a FB profile? There's no analytics, no post scheduling, can't run ads, no website link, no social media links, no targeting, no button, no store, etc etc etc... Plus you're only allowed to have one FB Profile, if they someday catch you having more than one, they will delete you.
    I have seen a few people do it, wondering if it was a new trend.
    Not sure what to put here anymore...

Pimp $
    I haven't built traffic in years and never mainstream, so social media aspect is completely new. It is kinda fun

Hood
    WITSEC
    Pimp $
    I haven't built traffic in years and never mainstream, so social media aspect is completely new. It is kinda fun
    If you love stats and experimenting, then ya, it's a lot of fun. If you're gonna do Instagram I recommend IconoSquare or Later.com if you want to do them all, but Later is more expensive & IconoSquare Instagram Analytics are fucking great. Hootesuite is ok too if you just want to post for cheaper, their Stats reports are fucking highway robbery though.

Pimp $
    I have been looking at ifttt.com for cross posting blog posts. I think I will setup for a post from blog to FB page, twitter and pinterest. Still have a bunch of tweaking before I start though.

I am frustrated with IG so may just ignore it completely.

I need to polish up on my CSS too so I can customize a good theme that can implement ads well without looking spammy.

Hood
    WITSEC
    Pimp $
    I have been looking at ifttt.com for cross posting blog posts. I think I will setup for a post from blog to FB page, twitter and pinterest. Still have a bunch of tweaking before I start though.

I am frustrated with IG so may just ignore it completely.

I need to polish up on my CSS too so I can customize a good theme that can implement ads well without looking spammy.
    Not really sure what iftt is, but, without stats it's pointless.

Pimp $
    What stats do you mean? Like I have analytics on blogs.

Hood
    WITSEC
    Pimp $
    What stats do you mean? Like I have analytics on blogs.
    No, stats for your social accounts. Engagement Rate, Best day to post, Best time of day to post, Hashtag performance, etc, etc, etc. Stats for your blogs would be done would Google Analytics or similar, but, I recommend GA for that because pretty much ever service connects to that somehow.

But, Twitter & Facebook both provided their own stats, and since you're not planning to use Instagram, you won't need Iconosquare or Later.com. But, using Instagram without analytics is just throwing shit & hoping some sticks. Unless you're some big boobie selfie taking chick just looking for attention in the form of likes.