PDA

View Full Version : smoking laws..



NaughtyInc
06-01-2004, 11:34 AM
whole city as of 12:01am last night when completely non smoking.. I have no problem with no smoking in resturants and keeping it away from the kids.. but now i cant even go play pool and have a smoke..

XxXotic
06-01-2004, 11:42 AM
shitty.

Fluid
06-01-2004, 11:46 AM
that's going to hurt the bars in town, so there likely will be ammendments.

PurrsianPussyKat
06-01-2004, 11:48 AM
They did that in NYC a long time ago. Was weird when I'd go to a mall in NJ and people would be walking along smoking. All the bar owners swore it would kill their business, but now people just go outside. I'm glad I gave it up! No more hacking... and I don't mean the kind that involves a computer. :)

NaughtyInc
06-01-2004, 11:52 AM
they already tried to pass one a year or so back but it failed and no one listend.. this time they are making it very strict... fine is 235 if u are caught smoking (personal fine) plus the bar fine...

I love how every smoke i smoke 17 cents of it goes to the goverment.. yet i cant even smoke em!

asuna
06-01-2004, 01:10 PM
there's a no public smoking law in montreal, like sjhopping malls and stuff, and we have smolking and non smoking sections in resturant, but I've yet to see a non smoking bar

laura99
06-01-2004, 01:45 PM
I wish they would do it here. We might actually go to a bar or a dance club if it was non-smoking. When I see my friend's band play she either picks outdoor venues or places with good ventilation so it doesn't effect her vocal chords, so I know when I go see her I don't have to worry about the smoke. The bad thing about non-smoking buildings though is all the smokers hang out by the doors and smoke, so I get hit with it when I enter or exit.

Glen Hinch
06-01-2004, 01:54 PM
live out in the boonies like i do, noone to tell you where or when you can smoke

madabad
06-01-2004, 02:22 PM
Maine banned smoking in bars this past January, it definately hurt business. The big expectation was that because we're so close to the Canadian border everyone would run across but the bars there didn't see an increase, so I guess everyone's just staying home.

MP
06-01-2004, 02:34 PM
I don't smoke, I grew up with smokers but now I can't deal with it, not sure why but all of a sudden I can't breath now around smokers.

Went to a strip club last week and I about died.

Mr. Goat
06-01-2004, 04:05 PM
yep its slowly taking over...

we have been over 1yr smoke free in this town i remember Barrie went smoke free late last summer now Toronto im im sure there is a butt load more..

i like it being i dont smoke.. but i dont see the whore bar scene thats just gasy 90% people in there smoke and the other 10% dont care. but i do like it being no smoking in resturants and all that. :)

NaughtyInc
06-01-2004, 04:16 PM
I know from experince (in the night club biz atleast) that in our area it is next to impossible to enforce the bi-laws... you can not justify hiring 5 people just to look for smokers in a group of 1500 people.. just not doable.. as harsh as the punishment is, i think that alot of bars could and will loose some licences because of this...

I do have issues though with the smoking rooms that do not enforce an age.. no need for a 13 year old to be in a room while his daddy smokes.. i have no issues going right up to that person and giving him a piece of my mind :)

Tart
06-01-2004, 07:28 PM
I don't like the fact that it took yet another law for resturants and bars to ban smoking but at the same time it sure has made it easier for me to quit (3 months smoke free this past Sunday!)

Goblin
06-01-2004, 07:45 PM
i smoked for about 15 yrs but never smoked when i ate i hate smoke near me when i eat but if people wanna fill their lungs with smoke/tar then go ahead just dont blow ya smoke towards me

Rictor
06-01-2004, 07:50 PM
Awesome. What's the appeal of smoking anyway? There's quicker, less painful ways to kill yourself and those you live with.