PDA

View Full Version : Latest Design Work.... :)

ArielRebel
04-26-2010, 08:48 PM
I made this blog design for one of my affiliate :) Do you like? would you change anything?

http://arielrebelunplugged.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/arielrebelpictures.jpg

dgchi
04-26-2010, 08:50 PM
really nice design there Ariel! :photo:

KRM
04-26-2010, 08:54 PM
Every time you post, You design a bulge in my pants. Every time it's unique and wonderful. Nice design this time it's aligned to the right in BOLD font

Aišo
04-26-2010, 09:31 PM
Looks good! Do I still promote your site thru Pancho Dog? or did you put up your own deal? I think I asked this before but forgot what you said.

ed_banger
04-26-2010, 10:13 PM
If I start blogging about you, will you make me a pimpin theme too?

ArielRebel
04-26-2010, 10:39 PM
If I start blogging about you, will you make me a pimpin theme too?

Only if you promise me to promote me well and make the blog REALLY famous :P
What other blogs are you managing right now? Can I see? :D

And yeah I can for sure make you a nice .psd :) My only problem is that I cant code it :(

bbad
04-26-2010, 11:36 PM
Love this design! Can't wait to get it cut and coded to get it live!

Mr. Goat
04-26-2010, 11:40 PM
Nice job :)

Our blog for you is live now.. already page 4 of Google.. page 1 here we come :wiggles:

Footman
04-26-2010, 11:44 PM
Very cool - Good job :)

NY Jester
04-27-2010, 12:14 AM
Ariel, other than Pancho Dog and Nubile s, what programs have you done work for? I'd really like to start pushing your stuff on an individual basis rather than on a multi girl blog

dgchi
04-27-2010, 01:38 AM
Love this design! Can't wait to get it cut and coded to get it live!

what exactly is involved in cutting and coding from the psd?

bbad
04-27-2010, 02:37 AM
Much more than I know! That's why I need to find someone to do it for me!

dgchi
04-27-2010, 03:29 AM
maybe somebody here knows how and could make a post about it or it would even be a great idea for a blog post here

lace
04-27-2010, 06:16 AM
maybe somebody here knows how and could make a post about it or it would even be a great idea for a blog post here

There's a TON of work involved. I've tried to toy with it but get frustrated and end up saying screw it. And if I remember correctly, some designers want up to $xxx just to code it. Insane just to slice it up and create some basic css IMO

DonovanTrent
04-27-2010, 06:36 AM
There's a TON of work involved. I've tried to toy with it but get frustrated and end up saying screw it. And if I remember correctly, some designers want up to $xxx just to code it. Insane just to slice it up and create some basic css IMO

+1

I do almost every bit of my own design work, including slicing and coding. I've been using Photoshop since the mid 1990s and slicing/coding is still an area where I feel like I'm doing it for the first time every time I do it.

And a how-to post? That would be one long-ass post. Especially since, unless you're slicing things the exact same way EVERY time (which you shouldn't be doing), every design has its own trouble spots and things to watch for.

Aišo
04-27-2010, 07:20 AM
Adobe Image Ready makes slicing images a breeze. Not sure why people think it's so hard.

dizmo
04-27-2010, 08:02 AM
You are contradicting yourself. First you say its a TON of work, and that you failed (which is fair enough. i always give credit to people who at least fucking try), but then you complain that people charge $xxx for it... and call it basic css?...

Adobe Image Ready makes slicing images a breeze. Not sure why people think it's so hard.
Thats what i was thinking. Apparently some advanced webmastering going on in this thread....

dizmo
04-27-2010, 08:04 AM
Oh and by the way, Ariel, great work on the design. Possessing more skills than others apparently.

Aišo
04-27-2010, 08:05 AM
Thats what i was thinking. Apparently some advanced webmastering going on in this thread....

Well I am only 101, so maybe I am missing something.

lace
04-27-2010, 08:59 AM
You are contradicting yourself. First you say its a TON of work, and that you failed (which is fair enough. i always give credit to people who at least fucking try), but then you complain that people charge $xxx for it... and call it basic css?...

Ok let me explain this in a bit more depth for you.

I know the basics of CSS - font styles, editing it, etc. As far as margins, padding and overall layout go, I suck. So TO ME, it's a ton of work, and that is also in regards to posting a "how-to" which as Donovan explained, would not work since every layout is different, there is no basic "how-to" for this.

I know people who can slice up a PSD into a full Wordpress theme in under an hour, probably 30 minutes with a somewhat simple template. Those people are quite experienced with CSS coding and know it inside and out. If the outline is done, I could easily go through and edit the text sizes, bullets here and there, date, etc.

Ask JD how many times I've messaged him on ICQ with stupid CSS questions like how to remove a border from all images in a certain class :giggle:

bbad
04-27-2010, 10:59 AM
Ok let me explain this in a bit more depth for you.

I know the basics of CSS - font styles, editing it, etc. As far as margins, padding and overall layout go, I suck. So TO ME, it's a ton of work, and that is also in regards to posting a "how-to" which as Donovan explained, would not work since every layout is different, there is no basic "how-to" for this.

I know people who can slice up a PSD into a full Wordpress theme in under an hour, probably 30 minutes with a somewhat simple template. Those people are quite experienced with CSS coding and know it inside and out. If the outline is done, I could easily go through and edit the text sizes, bullets here and there, date, etc.

Ask JD how many times I've messaged him on ICQ with stupid CSS questions like how to remove a border from all images in a certain class :giggle:

Removing borders from all images in a certain class is pretty simple once you learn that all you have to do is right click using any browser, and the steps follow for each of the 3 main browsers:

Firefox with Firebug attachment:

Right click, select Inspect Element. A box will pop up with all your page's code on the left, and your css driving the element you're inspecting on the right. Not the first css element in the list, make sure it is either missing the 'border', or has 'border: 1px solid etc etc, then go into your css file and remove it, or add border: 0; if needed.

Chrome. Just about the same thing.

IE is a little different (and dumber, IMO).

Go to Tools > Developer Tools. A box will pop up. Right under the HTML tab, there's an image of a mouse pointer. Click it. Now, go back to the page in question, click the item that you want to change the css for, and it will load the HTML on the left, the CSS on the right. Make note of your CSS then proceed to follow the steps I mentioned above!

That's pretty simple, I think it will help quite a few people who have questions about it.

ed_banger
04-27-2010, 12:20 PM
Slicing up a PSD into an HTML file with CSS is one thing...

Coding that sliced HTML file into a WORDPRESS THEME with all the various theme files, separate headers, separate footers, post templates, page templates, widget boxes, and everything that makes wordpress so powerful... is completely different.

Personally, I do not like cookie cutter sliced themes (the designer does the design in photoshop, and then it's cut up and used verbatim). Good proper CSS (zen garden type css) and proper website design should be using the PSD components, but not verbatim.

IE, if you have an area that has a solid background color, DO NOT USE AN IMAGE, set the color in the css. Trim your repeating images (image borders and repeating backgrounds) to the smallest size possible, and use the X & Y repeat codes.

A good design doesn't just look appealing to the eye, it is also as efficient as it can be, size and speed wise.

smiley
04-27-2010, 12:27 PM
its you Ariel...anything with you on it is going to rock

it looks good for sure

ArielRebel
04-27-2010, 03:10 PM
I so wish I was able to code but for the moment I have bigger fish to fry than learn how to code and import my .psd in to dreamwaver. But it's FOR SURE something I would like to learn in the future :) It took me around 4-5 hour making this template and it was a blast :) I really hope I will have the chance to make more for my sweet affiliates who's promoting my website with some nice pictures and not just some pussy shots all the time :)

@Tube2k - I'm SO HAPPY you like your new blog design :) I really hope you will have a big success promoting my site ad keep trading with good ranked websites that will bring you the right traffic you need to make good $$ on my back ;) hehe

Aico - Yes my site is still under Panchodog (for the moment) Hopefully I will be moving soon but I couldn't tell you if it's 100% sure or not. I'm still making my affiliate program (Rebels own the Net) with some amazingly beautiful multi model websites and the official website of the amazing photographer Max Rebel. This only thing is that is still a couple of months away :( Making good quality take time when you're learning everyday... :)

Mailman - Wow WICKED! Good luck with that!! :D I really hope you will have lots of success with http://www.clubarielrebel.com/ :) Are you still sure you don't want me to design you something cute and custom just for you?? :P Oh and BTW have you check the banners I sent you? :) I would really like to see one of them on your site :D for the promotion I'm always trying to avoid as much as possible (but sometimes I can understand the pictures is just too nice... :D) the big pussy shots.. because what's the point to sign up to my website and if you can get my full nudity already online for free? Am I right? What's your thoughts on that one? :)

NY Jester - That's all :) I only have these two where I did something and that have different content :) Also keep in mind that the whole promotion is currently being change by the Pancho crew :) You should wait for the good thing because for the moment there is nothing good to promote for me on the Panchodog affiliate website.... But it,s getting there and it will be AWESOME!! :)

smiley - Tks :) I'm glad you like! :D Now tell me... Do you promote only hardcore girls??

DonovanTrent
04-27-2010, 04:21 PM

Because I don't have ImageReady. It doesn't exist anymore. I have the Photoshop CS4 suite now, all the slicing has been integrated into Photoshop, along with changes. I agree, it WAS easier in ImageReady. it's not "clicked" as easily with me the way they have it implemented now.

However, the point is this... it doesn't matter what tool you use for slicing. The art is in slicing the design CORRECTLY and EFFICIENTLY, and that's what's hard to teach. It's a balance between what you have to do for the design and what you have to do for the coding. Sure you can just go "slice 3 times horizontally and 4 times vertically" end up with 12 cubes and run with it, but that's never the best way to do it.

John-ACWM
04-27-2010, 04:49 PM
Looking sweet and not just because of the pictures!

bbad
04-27-2010, 05:03 PM
@Tube2k - I'm SO HAPPY you like your new blog design :) I really hope you will have a big success promoting my site ad keep trading with good ranked websites that will bring you the right traffic you need to make good $$ on my back ;) hehe

Thanks, Ariel, and I am doing what I can to get this design integrated and everything! Looking forward to seeing it live, no doubt.

Looking for a designer who can cut this into wordpress and get it to work in the 3 major borwsers... if you got a reasonable quote, hit me up! Spermy, Rochard mentioned your name. Hope you see this.