PDA

View Full Version : Medium Pimpin now on vBulletin 4

Dario
03-15-2010, 06:18 PM
Hello!

As you can see we have made some big changes here, the forum is now running on vBulletin 4. The latest version of the software.

What does this mean to you? Well, lots of things! The most obvious being our new skin, we had to redesign it from scratch to fit the new software.

If you think something is confusing please post in this thread and you shall get assistance. Should you hate the colors or something else then do let us know.

We will be working hard over the next few days to get everything in shape and tweak the forum to everyones satisfaction so any comments are appreciated.

For now please have a look around and get used to the new style. I will return with more info as it becomes available, mind you this is only the beginning!

:dario:

яochard
03-15-2010, 06:27 PM
I think I like it.

DonovanTrent
03-15-2010, 06:33 PM
Yeah, I have a question, what's the deal with the back alley graffiti wall in the header?

Other than that, good job!

lace
03-15-2010, 06:33 PM
Not too sure yet as if I like it or not. Definitely different and I hate change D:

Dario
03-15-2010, 06:36 PM
Yeah, I have a question, what's the deal with the back alley graffiti wall in the header?

Other than that, good job!
He's a pimp from the ghetto, yo!

We have used the same alley for our affiliate program... we wanted a scenery different then just purple so we used the same one here.

Itchy
03-15-2010, 06:36 PM
O NO CHANGES !!!! :turbo:

DamianJ
03-15-2010, 06:44 PM
Looking sweet.

ed_banger
03-15-2010, 06:48 PM
This is going to take some getting used to. :(

Rongo
03-15-2010, 07:01 PM
The control panel interface is a bit wonky. The control panel options are designed with a sidebar format in mind, yet now they are showing full width. Is this a bug, or is normal? Looking at some of the PM's I've received previously, they look "messy".

Also, in vBulletin admin area, you can specify how posts appear, the standard way with the avatar on the left and the post on the side, or the avatar on top of the post. The form has it the nicer of the two ways (avatar on left), but the PM's have the avatar on top and it's a little confusing. If you could see abut getting those to list the same as the forum, that would be great.

Other than that, I kind of like v4. (so far) :)

the Shemp
03-15-2010, 08:27 PM
well, its about time i upgraded from ie6 ....

A.J. Angel
03-15-2010, 08:44 PM
The control panel interface is a bit wonky. The control panel options are designed with a sidebar format in mind, yet now they are showing full width. Is this a bug, or is normal? Looking at some of the PM's I've received previously, they look "messy".

Also, in vBulletin admin area, you can specify how posts appear, the standard way with the avatar on the left and the post on the side, or the avatar on top of the post. The form has it the nicer of the two ways (avatar on left), but the PM's have the avatar on top and it's a little confusing. If you could see abut getting those to list the same as the forum, that would be great.

Other than that, I kind of like v4. (so far) :)

I am on IE7 and I am having the same issues as Rongo pointed out. The navigation sidebar in the user control panel is messed up. Same goes for the PM interface.

Otherwise, I'm diggin' it. I'll have to look into upgrading my copy as well. :)

dgchi
03-15-2010, 10:34 PM
there seems to be much more white space in posts for some reason

Globofun
03-15-2010, 10:43 PM
Sorry to say....... I just hate it! :(

Dario
03-16-2010, 03:37 AM
well, its about time i upgraded from ie6 ....
while you're at it try color tv, I hear it's great! :P

Dario
03-16-2010, 03:38 AM
there seems to be much more white space in posts for some reason

yea the post seems to be relative to the avatar/info with the signature going below it, will be looking in to that!

the Shemp
03-16-2010, 06:25 AM
while you're at it try color tv, I hear it's great! :P

the board looks much better in firefox...

NinjaSteve
03-16-2010, 10:11 AM
Lookin sexy!

tommyschlong
03-16-2010, 11:04 AM
i really like it
nice work Dario

tranza
03-16-2010, 01:20 PM
Wow, I like it but it will take some time before I get used to it....

:)

AmeliaG
03-28-2010, 02:26 AM
Just feeling my way around, but congrats :clap: I need to get this done on some consumer sites and have been procrastinating.

Dario
03-30-2010, 03:37 AM
Just feeling my way around, but congrats :clap: I need to get this done on some consumer sites and have been procrastinating.
Just remember to upgrade to the latest stable 3.x version before moving on to 4.* :)

dimitar
03-30-2010, 01:57 PM
The new vbulletin looks cool ;)