PDA

View Full Version : Proof: Not All Republicans/Conservatives Hate Gays

LocoSpot
02-19-2010, 09:53 PM
This was fucking funny. I bet he didn't expect to get booed off the stage at CPAC.

http://www.salon.com/politics/war_room/2010/02/19/cpac_gays/

His rant began:

I'd like to condemn CPAC for bringing GOPride [sic] to this event. Civil rights are grounded in natural rights. Natural rights are grounded in human nature. Human nature is a rational substance in relationship to the intelligible end of the reproductive act of reproduction. Do you understand that?

But then the crowd began to boo, and shout back at him. ("Ron Paul!" was the loudest shout in the part of the ballroom where I'm sitting; he was due to speak not long after the lightning round ended.)

Seems gay republicans like Ron Paul :xclusive:

mikesinner
02-19-2010, 10:02 PM
Gays and lesbians need to raise their voices even louder in this country if they don't want to see America fall into a conservative republican stone age.

LocoSpot
02-19-2010, 10:13 PM
Gays and lesbians need to raise their voices even louder in this country if they don't want to see America fall into a conservative republican stone age.

Progressive stone age isnt much better.

DonovanTrent
02-19-2010, 10:23 PM
Who said "all Republicans/Conservatives hate gays?"

I watched the video, that guy was just being a douchebag trying to provoke conflict. It gets him noticed so his book sells and so he can be a hero to those who think like him. Typical tactic used by plenty of people on all sides, from Ann Coulter to Al Franken.

Q-Geri
02-20-2010, 08:03 AM
Referring to the LGBT community as "gays and lesbians" is old-fashioned, conservative and outmoded in itself.

The whole notion that the human population can somehow be neatly divided into "straights" on one side and "gays" on the other is what lies at the very root of the problem as it encourages simpleminded thinking in terms of - Us Vs Them, Right Vs Wrong....Straight Vs Gay.

I am not straight or gay . And it is totally irrelevant if I was born Bi or if I choose to be Bi because there is nothing wrong with being Bi or Gay.

And of course we all know there is nothing wrong with being straight ;)

Blog5
02-20-2010, 08:42 AM
conservatives dont hate gays
we just dont pretend to like them in order to seem cool...or hip or current
like a lot of dems seem to like to do

most conservatives , the ones who are not far right religious zealots, tolerate gays as long as they dont parade their sexual preference in front of everyone

Q-Geri
02-20-2010, 10:14 AM
most conservatives , the ones who are not far right religious zealots, tolerate gays as long as they dont parade their sexual preference in front of everyoneHolding hands and kissing each other like opposite sex couples do in public - is that "parading sexual preference in front of everyone?" Or is it okay for women but not for men?

Elton dressed a lot less gayly when he married a man than he did when he married a women :)
http://images.2dayfm.com.au/2008/09/22/62949/600x400_ent_celebrity-weddings_elton-600x400.jpg

http://www1.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Singer+Elton+John+Turns+60+wlC_jf7HbCBl.jpg

AbulletAway
02-20-2010, 10:18 AM
Who said "all Republicans/Conservatives hate gays?"

I think it's in their manifesto? That along with getting caught with pants down a public bathroom with another man. It's just their way. :giggle:

Blog5
02-20-2010, 02:31 PM
Oh Elton everyone knows he is gay, he is harmless and talented as hell

MP
02-20-2010, 02:41 PM
Referring to the LGBT community as "gays and lesbians" is old-fashioned, conservative and outmoded in itself.

The whole notion that the human population can somehow be neatly divided into "straights" on one side and "gays" on the other is what lies at the very root of the problem as it encourages simpleminded thinking in terms of - Us Vs Them, Right Vs Wrong....Straight Vs Gay.

I am not straight or gay . And it is totally irrelevant if I was born Bi or if I choose to be Bi because there is nothing wrong with being Bi or Gay.

I never thought of it like that, that's a great point.

DonovanTrent
02-20-2010, 04:26 PM

The thing with conservatives is that they operate in black & white, no shades of gray. Things are either right or wrong, one way or the other, so by that token, everything MUST be labelled.

Liberals and moderates, on the other hand, acknowledge that most things have gray areas, which is why they can never ramrod things through Congress like conservatives can -- they argue amongst themselves too much.

most conservatives , the ones who are not far right religious zealots, tolerate gays as long as they dont parade their sexual preference in front of everyone

Well, that's mighty white of you. Another thing with many conservatives, they are able to express tolerance while simultaneously slamming the group they're supposedly tolerating. Added bonus for slipping in a democrat slam at the same time.

_LB_
02-20-2010, 10:35 PM

Exactly :)

A gay couple having a giant public 'look at me' tonsil hockey session in the middle of the mall is equally as repulsive as a straight couple doing the same thing.

Q-Geri
02-21-2010, 08:39 AM
A gay couple having a giant public 'look at me' tonsil hockey session in the middle of the mall is equally as repulsive as a straight couple doing the same thing.
Or not, as the case may be.
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/50/128284620_2a1cac7165.jpg

MP
02-21-2010, 03:17 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/50/128284620_2a1cac7165.jpg

That's hot!

DonovanTrent
02-21-2010, 03:51 PM

It's only gross when it's GUYS kissing. You should know that, Geri, jeez.

Q-Geri
02-21-2010, 04:24 PM
It's only gross when it's GUYS kissing. You should know that, Geri, jeez.

http://bbs.mediumpimpin.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=41367&stc=1&d=1266781841
WoW! That's Hot! :fan:

MP
02-21-2010, 04:26 PM
http://bbs.mediumpimpin.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=41367&stc=1&d=1266781841
WoW! That's Hot! :fan:

I look just like those guys just so you know!

DonovanTrent
02-21-2010, 04:28 PM
I like this one better, confirms my suspicions about the sport.

http://bbs.mediumpimpin.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=41368&stc=1&d=1266781855

Jasun
02-23-2010, 01:52 PM
as long as they dont parade their sexual preference in front of everyone

Not like I want to start a pissing fight on my first day back...

But I don't hide from anyone. If I want to hold my husband's hand in public or kiss him goodbye at the airport, I'll do it.

cwd
02-23-2010, 03:26 PM
baseball is gay...

http://andrew_redux.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/happy_sheff_1

lazzlo
02-23-2010, 03:32 PM

But I don't hide from anyone. If I want to hold my husband's hand in public or kiss him goodbye at the airport, I'll do it.
I agree, I totally don't care what two dudes do in front of me. Im surprised someone in this biz is homophobic. weird.

MP
02-23-2010, 03:36 PM

good for you man, and getting it out there will change things for the better :)

Jasun
02-23-2010, 03:40 PM
good for you man, and getting it out there will change things for the better :)

Oh, I sure hope so.

fighting for my rights was almost fun when I was 21.

Now that I'm 42 I just want to go home to my husband and my dogs and watch NCIS so we can ogle Christ O'Donnel.

DonovanTrent
02-23-2010, 08:10 PM

I 100% wholeheartedly support your right to do that. Fuck what anyone else thinks.

Now that I'm 42 I just want to go home to my husband and my dogs and watch NCIS so we can ogle Christ O'Donnel.

Boy, you guys REALLY like him, eh? :lol1:

Jasun
02-23-2010, 08:15 PM
Boy, you guys REALLY like him, eh? :lol1:

Robin... rubber suit... nipples....

What do YOU think?:squirt::xclusive:

LocoSpot
02-24-2010, 09:56 PM
"We get our rights as individuals not as hyphenated Americans" Ron Paul 2010.

I 100% support gay marriage. The government has NO business in ANY ONES bed. (aside from protecting minors)