PDA

View Full Version : Michael Moore is an asshole

яochard
12-21-2009, 03:14 PM
This weekend I had the chance to watch "Canadian Bacon". I thought it would be great; It mocks Canada (the greatest country in the world) and has the term "bacon" in it. Anything named bacon can't be bad, can it?

This was the worst movie I have ever seen.

http://www.movieposter.com/posters/archive/main/76/MPW-38228

Directed by Michael Moore. He was a dickhead even back then.

Mr. Goat
12-21-2009, 03:25 PM
It's a great movie

smiley
12-21-2009, 03:38 PM
loved it...really appreciated it once i watched it with some Canadians....like getting the joke when Rita looks out the hospital window and see a white out & a dog sled, then freaks out and says "Oh No Ottawa"...hahaha
or how John Candy says "sorry" & "excuse me" so much....

Alienq
12-21-2009, 04:09 PM
Canadians need to learn how to laugh at themselves.

They are great at poking fun at others but when it comes to them being made fun of all they do is whine.

StuartD
12-21-2009, 04:10 PM
It's an over acted, over emphasized caricature of Canadian and American stereo types...
that's why Canadians love it and Americans hate it. We can laugh at ourselves.

lazzlo
12-21-2009, 04:10 PM
best movie ever

StuartD
12-21-2009, 04:11 PM
Canadians need to learn how to laugh at themselves.

They are great at poking fun at others but when it comes to them being made fun of all they do is whine.

An American started this thread.

Alienq
12-21-2009, 04:20 PM
An American started this thread.

Easy there pinky...
I can sense the Canadian bristle comming in.

StuartD
12-21-2009, 04:27 PM
Easy there pinky...
I can sense the Canadian bristle comming in.

Really? 3 Canadians in this thread have said they love it (possibly 4, I don't know where you are smiley).

mikesinner
12-21-2009, 04:27 PM
Michael Moore is a genius but a little nutty.

Bryan G
12-21-2009, 04:46 PM
I'm canadian and loved that movie, seen it ages ago. Need to see it again LOL

PurrsianPussyKat
12-21-2009, 04:46 PM
I'm guessing rochard just didn't get it.

DonovanTrent
12-21-2009, 04:51 PM
That was a FUNNY movie. I guess you just have to know enough Canadians, if you're American.

smiley
12-21-2009, 05:02 PM
Really? 3 Canadians in this thread have said they love it (possibly 4, I don't know where you are smiley).

<---- American...but i loved it...

яochard
12-21-2009, 05:09 PM
You guys have gotten to be kidding me. It wasn't even funny. At all.

Aišo
12-21-2009, 05:32 PM
Haven't seen it, so I don't know what it's aboot.

Mr. Goat
12-21-2009, 05:49 PM
You guys have gotten to be kidding me. It wasn't even funny. At all.

Then you need more Canadian in your life.

lazzlo
12-21-2009, 06:29 PM
Rochhy needs some culture!

dready
12-21-2009, 06:53 PM
I think it helps to be Canadian to appreciate this movie. It's awesome. John Candy (RIP) was a comedic genius.

Alienq
12-21-2009, 07:01 PM
Haven't seen it, so I don't know what it's aboot.

You don't know anything cuz you are fucking retarded.
If ya not seen the movie why say anything?

Fucking moron.

smiley
12-21-2009, 07:07 PM
there you go stalking him...funny you follow him like a gay guy strapped to his ass....you havent said one thing in any thread after him about the thread...only to bitch him out....i think you secretly want aico's love child...thats what its all aboot...get the joke?

Alienq
12-21-2009, 07:13 PM
there you go stalking him...funny you follow him like a gay guy strapped to his ass....you havent said one thing in any thread after him about the thread...only to bitch him out....i think you secretly want aico's love child...thats what its all aboot...get the joke?

You should fix the thumbnail on your program for HoneyChest. It doesnt match the tour you are currently using.

BTW: I designed the original HoneyChest tour.

Aico is my little bitch today.

Aišo
12-21-2009, 07:31 PM

Fucking moron.

Obviously it the joke went over your head, big surprise there.

Aišo
12-21-2009, 07:32 PM
Aico is my little bitch today.

Oh baby, i'm sorry. Please don't hurt me, please please please, I'm sorry baby... :ohnoes:

dready
12-21-2009, 07:45 PM

Fucking moron.

Wow, can you please take this to GFY?

Aišo
12-21-2009, 07:51 PM

Ya Alien, post about me there, I'll meet you there.

Axeman
12-21-2009, 08:02 PM
Canadian Bacon is a hilarious movie. Watch it a few times a year whenever I spot it on the movie channels.

Alienq
12-21-2009, 08:03 PM
Ya Alien, post about me there, I'll meet you there.

I wouldnt post on GFY even if I wasnt banned, they sold out the industry. Only tards like yourself would continue to support them because you are to fucking stupid to realise they wipe thier asses with people like you while shitting on the whole industry.
GO back to your sell out board where you belong.

Mr. Goat
12-21-2009, 08:09 PM
Obviously it the joke went over your head, big surprise there.

I was aboot to say the same! :ugh:

яochard
12-21-2009, 08:21 PM
Then you need more Canadian in your life.

Been there, done that, been deported, never going back.

JerseyGTO
12-21-2009, 11:39 PM
Now THIS was a Movie ! I Love this friggin movie

shook
12-21-2009, 11:44 PM
Loved the movie!

Alienq, you need to settle down.

PMC
12-22-2009, 01:09 AM

I love strange brew! I have seen that so many times!

digifan
12-22-2009, 04:44 AM

+1

smiley
12-22-2009, 11:22 AM

awesome movie!

John-ACWM
12-22-2009, 12:50 PM
Stop fighting,it's Christmas :giggle:

AbulletAway
12-22-2009, 04:51 PM
Haven't seen that movie in decades. But, yes he is an asshole. He does make a good point in his movies most of the time. I can't stand the guy but, I have seen a few of docs and as much as I hate him, he is for the most part right about what he's saying.

The problem I have with him is that he is right most of the time but he still manipulates the facts and a good doc should never do that. He's pissed off a lot of people because he will flat lie to make a point. And, there's no need for that. I mean if you're making a doc about how fire is hot and will burn you. You don't need to fake anything there's plenty of people who have really burned that you can interview who will agree with you. Moore will find people who haven't been burned and turn their words around so it looks like they have and that they agree with him.

DonovanTrent
12-22-2009, 05:29 PM
Haven't seen that movie in decades. But, yes he is an asshole. He does make a good point in his movies most of the time. I can't stand the guy but, I have seen a few of docs and as much as I hate him, he is for the most part right about what he's saying.

The problem I have with him is that he is right most of the time but he still manipulates the facts and a good doc should never do that. He's pissed off a lot of people because he will flat lie to make a point. And, there's no need for that. I mean if you're making a doc about how fire is hot and will burn you. You don't need to fake anything there's plenty of people who have really burned that you can interview who will agree with you. Moore will find people who haven't been burned and turn their words around so it looks like they have and that they agree with him.

That's why you should never go into a Michael Moore film expecting it to be a documentary. It's not, it's an op-ed piece, just like the opinion pieces written by newspaper editors.

I happen to agree with the point he's making more times than not, and some of his schtick is really funny. However, there's at least one part in every one of his movies where I think "why did you have to go and pull that stunt, all it is is ammo for your opposition."

It's like he has a self-defeating wish.

PurrsianPussyKat
12-22-2009, 06:04 PM
...I think "why did you have to go and pull that stunt, all it is is ammo for your opposition."

Controversy sells. It gets people talking about it and that equals free publicity. ;)