PDA

View Full Version : American Man Exonerated, Freed From Prison After 35 Years!

artwilliams
12-17-2009, 01:32 PM
Man exonerated, freed from prison after 35 years

Bartow, Florida (CNN) -- After more than three decades in prison, a Florida man was set free Thursday after a DNA test showed he did not kidnap and rape a 9-year-old boy in 1974.

"I'm not angry," James Bain, 54, told reporters after a brief hearing in Bartow, Florida.

Bain was 19 when he was convicted on charges of kidnapping, burglary and strong-arm rape. He received a life sentence. He's going home for the first time in 35 years.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/12/17/florida.dna.exoneration/index.html

riddler
12-17-2009, 01:34 PM
hes not angry because hes probably going to get a nice settlement from the state, plus after 35 years you become institutionalized, hes going to hang himself in a few months shaw shank redemption style.

MP
12-17-2009, 01:45 PM
Fucking Bartow, Florida, he was railroaded.

webairmetz
12-17-2009, 01:46 PM
crazy shit

яochard
12-17-2009, 01:51 PM
I read about this yesterday. Imagine spending thirty-five years in prison for a crime you didn't commit and not being able to do anything about it.

And think about this - He was convicted of raping a child, something that all people in prison look down at.

Yeah, he'll get a huge settlement from the government and he should - He should get a million dollars a year for a every year he spent in prison.

furiousmale
12-17-2009, 01:55 PM
As forensic science takes further strides you are going to see more and more of this. Our judicial system is flawed. With many crimes law enforcement and even local political officials feel pressured to find the perpetrator of the crime. Even if it means an innocent man has to go to prison for it. As long as the public feels happy and safe.

crockett
12-17-2009, 02:48 PM
Damn that's a sad life he's had if you think about it. 19 years old been in jail longer than he's been out all for a crime he wasn't guilty of. Makes you wonder how many others are in the same situation.

mikesinner
12-17-2009, 02:51 PM
Anything less than a million for each year he was in prison is a travesty.

DonovanTrent
12-17-2009, 03:51 PM
Damn that's a sad life he's had if you think about it. 19 years old been in jail longer than he's been out all for a crime he wasn't guilty of. Makes you wonder how many others are in the same situation.

I'd bet MANY. And I'd also bet that a majority of them are a certain ethnicity.

lace
12-17-2009, 03:53 PM
Now, what does money have to do with anything? You think if this guy gets millions of dollars in settlement money, he's going to get those 35 years of his life back? I don't get it. If I was in his shoes, money wouldn't be an issue. Not sure what would be the issue but it surely wouldn't be money. Sure, they'd be paying my bills, buying me a house and getting me to where I should be at 45 years old but still, 35 years locked up in a cell and like the interviewer said, he has no clue what cell phones or computers even are! Sad, very fucking sad that our justice system is setup the way it is.

Guilty until proven innocent.

Tim
12-18-2009, 12:07 PM
he has no clue what cell phones or computers even are!

I don't think that can happen here since all prisoners have TVs, DVD, Games consoles etc...

PMC
12-18-2009, 12:25 PM
I don't think that can happen here since all prisoners have TVs, DVD, Games consoles etc...

That a US thing? Here they get 1 tv per range, at least in provincial jails, not sure about federal

riddler
12-18-2009, 12:41 PM
That a US thing? Here they get 1 tv per range, at least in provincial jails, not sure about federal

him not knowing about cell phones or computers is his own fault i guess, maybe he kept to himself?

state prisons you can buy clear plastic tv's for your cell..

John-ACWM
12-18-2009, 12:43 PM
Maybe he'll go 'law abiding citizen' style.Can't imagine what he might think about the world.

DonovanTrent
12-18-2009, 01:12 PM
Maybe he'll go 'law abiding citizen' style.Can't imagine what he might think about the world.

The world didn't fuck him over. Just a few dirty cops and a prosecutor, probably.

Damian
12-18-2009, 02:01 PM
I would kill the judge/policeman/prosecutor to blame and claim time served - 'Not Angry' - I would be a lunatic!