PDA

View Full Version : world of nations event

Goblin
04-03-2004, 10:43 PM
so how many people here have world of nations event in their city or goto this event they just had it here in town and i took my kids and gf we went mainly for the end of it to see fireworks but there is some cool shows and you can learn alot about other cultures :)

Dolleyes
04-03-2004, 11:42 PM
I worked one of those when it came to town here, I worked in the souvenir shop and man the kids were abundant, But your right it is a great event for the kids to learn other cultures.

They travels all over the US set up in one day and break it down in one day and on to the next city, and it was quit fun working with the people. Very nice and well rounded.

They had a Native American set up, An African Set up, Wildlife, Face Painting, It was very similar to a Traveling Circus

xdcdave
04-04-2004, 01:13 PM
What city are you in? That sounds kickass. We dont do shit like that in Lauderdale :(

And the city I'm moving to (Providence) still celebrates Victory over Japan Day. =-O

Goblin
04-04-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by xdcdave
What city are you in? That sounds kickass. We dont do shit like that in Lauderdale :(

And the city I'm moving to (Providence) still celebrates Victory over Japan Day. =-O
i live a jax beaches about 5 hrs orth of you the event was downtown jacksonville was pretty cool :) if ihad got there early enough i was going to take a pic at every countries flag with my mp shirt on :D

xdcdave
04-04-2004, 01:33 PM
Awesome.. I've never been to Jax, too close to Bama for my comfort. :)

Goblin
04-04-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by xdcdave
Awesome.. I've never been to Jax, too close to Bama for my comfort. :)
bout 6 hrs west yeah but not that bad we are in northeast a little close to georgia only bad thing is we get the cold weather :( other than that its pretty good place and we got the super bowl here next yr :)