PDA

View Full Version : Any Studios Slowing Down? Cutting back on the number of shoots and new sites?

GetSCORECash
01-29-2009, 12:34 PM
I've heard that 90% of the studios are cutting back their productions.

Is anyone planning on cutting back their productions? That includes possibly launching new sites?

Mr. Goat
01-29-2009, 12:57 PM
I think this is a good thing. Economy issues or not I just don't get how producing 20 new DVD titles a month all straight hardcore is profitable! :what:

яochard
01-29-2009, 01:08 PM
I don't know why people bother producing DVDs. Some 13k DVDs were release last year; The market is flooded with this crap and no one is buying because they can buy it online without feeling "dirty".

MP
01-29-2009, 01:56 PM
I would not say we are cutting back, but we are more picky then before, we don't jump unless we really think the site has excellent chances.

Tim
01-29-2009, 02:55 PM
It does seem, unsurprisingly, that there have been less site launches in the past few months than for some time.

GetSCORECash
01-29-2009, 04:40 PM
It does seem, unsurprisingly, that there have been less site launches in the past few months than for some time.

Even the site that are launching, in my opinion, were planned and content generated prior to October.

I have spoken to some companies that are going forward no matter what, inorder to "Buck the Trend," but this recession which is affecting everyone, does make you wonder if slowing things down is the right thing to do.

GetSCORECash
01-29-2009, 04:41 PM
I would not say we are cutting back, but we are more picky then before, we don't jump unless we really think the site has excellent chances.

Same Here! but it is getting scary when new sites take way to much energy to promote these days.

GetSCORECash
01-29-2009, 04:43 PM
I don't know why people bother producing DVDs. Some 13k DVDs were release last year; The market is flooded with this crap and no one is buying because they can buy it online without feeling "dirty".

What you are going to start to see very soon, is a bunch of compilations being released by every major studio of older material.

I'm wondering when the models are going to be affected by this?

SteveHardeman
01-29-2009, 04:50 PM
Would you mind if I slightly hijacked your thread?

I don't want to name any programs specifically but with MC coming down on shady cross-sales coupled with Visa hopefully following suit shortly coupled with surfers shying away because they've been fucked so hard in the past coupled with the poor economy coupled with tubes coupled with these programs not updating their sites on any sort of regular basis, it is my opinion that these certain programs simply cannot survive let alone put money into launching new sites.

I haven't been in adult since the good ol' days so I'm speaking from a relatively noob point of view but I simply can't see how they will still be here in 2010.

Am I wrong? Anyone? Regardless of my personal feelings about these programs, I just do not see how it's possible for them to survive.

Aišo
01-29-2009, 04:58 PM
Would you mind if I slightly hijacked your thread?

I don't want to name any programs specifically but with MC coming down on shady cross-sales coupled with Visa hopefully following suit shortly coupled with surfers shying away because they've been fucked so hard in the past coupled with the poor economy coupled with tubes coupled with these programs not updating their sites on any sort of regular basis, it is my opinion that these certain programs simply cannot survive let alone put money into launching new sites.

I haven't been in adult since the good ol' days so I'm speaking from a relatively noob point of view but I simply can't see how they will still be here in 2010.

Am I wrong? Anyone? Regardless of my personal feelings about these programs, I just do not see how it's possible for them to survive.

I think that the big companies that relied on the shady practices are gonna be fucked sooner than later. I am pretty sure they relied heavily on those x-sales and based their whole business model on them.

A good indicator of that happening would be a company buying up a bunch of smaller companies and never updating them again, Why? Because they aren't relying on membership retention for profit, just the x-sales generated.

Unfortunately, some will survive because they will just re-invent themselves as stand-up top notch and all the sheep will follow once again

GetSCORECash
01-29-2009, 08:11 PM
it is my opinion that these certain programs simply cannot survive let alone put money into launching new sites.

If you are talking about the programs that only get 50 organic joins a month and the rest were from cross-sales, yes I agrea with you.

I would thing that some were smart enough to build a cash flow and will be hitting up/begging affiliates to promote them.

MP
01-29-2009, 08:29 PM
Same Here! but it is getting scary when new sites take way to much energy to promote these days.I feel your pain.