01-25-2009, 09:20 AM
not the record though, JFK had a 72% at this same point in his presidency

well he was white, he kind of had an advantage

goodspirit
01-25-2009, 09:59 AM
Give him some time... we will see...

kaz
01-25-2009, 10:28 AM
yeah, it's still early. I would expect approval ratings to jump after you know how, regardless of who replaced him

LushMan
01-25-2009, 10:37 AM
thats not suprising he's only just got sworn in.

See what it is in a few months time bet it will be under 50%

wasted
01-25-2009, 10:54 AM
i dont think he'll drop his rating

he already announced closing the guantanamo prisons
that will bring him some extra points i think

Mr. Goat
01-25-2009, 11:41 AM
Hes off to a great start :) made some major impactful moves and everyone for the most part seems to support that.

Mike Semen
01-25-2009, 11:59 AM
yea its pobably mostly because he's not Bush.

Lee2
01-25-2009, 01:58 PM
Yeah I reckon Pol Pot would be in the 50% range by now just because he isnt Bush.

MP
01-25-2009, 03:07 PM
Yeah I reckon Pol Pot would be in the 50% range by now just because he isnt Bush.LOL

MP
01-25-2009, 04:01 PM
I know that number will drop very fast, he will be close to 50% sooner then we think.

ronaldo
01-25-2009, 04:57 PM
I know that number will drop very fast, he will be close to 50% sooner then we think.

Your country is so divided it's sick man. I accidently ran into a Republic messageboard yesterday and the shit they're saying is just ridiculous. They want him to fail even though it'll probably only make their OWN lives worse. It doesn't matter WHAT the guy does, it'll be wrong. Why? Because he's a Democrat. Nothing more, nothing less.

I understand that those are your diehard Republicans, but it's still scary to watch people living in the 18th century. They hate democrats just as much as they hate TRUE enemies of the USA.

MP
01-25-2009, 05:02 PM
Your country is so divided it's sick man. I accidently ran into a Republic messageboard yesterday and the shit they're saying is just ridiculous. They want him to fail even though it'll probably only make their OWN lives worse. It doesn't matter WHAT the guy does, it'll be wrong. Why? Because he's a Democrat. Nothing more, nothing less.

I understand that those are your diehard Republicans, but it's still scary to watch people living in the 18th century. They hate democrats just as much as they hate TRUE enemies of the USA.

Most of those people are good Ole boy down South KKK types, so having a Muslim Black President who is a democrat is just the worse case scenario for them.

And I hate to say this, but this is one of the reasons why I like Obama so much, just to piss them KKK types off, so am I any better?

ronaldo
01-25-2009, 05:14 PM
Most of those people are good Ole boy down South KKK types, so having a Muslim Black President who is a democrat is just the worse case scenario for them.

And I hate to say this, but this is one of the reasons why I like Obama so much, just to piss them KKK types off, so am I any better?

I'm sure that's true, but my god...if the guy was to miraculously turn the economy around and somehow end the unwinnable war on terror, these people would say it was somehow in SPITE of Obama's policies and STILL find a way to give Bush the credit. I mean c'mon. If the guy fucks up, he fucks up. But if he does something good, give the guy credit. But these people won't under any circumstances.

Hell, first off they did their best to prove the guy shouldn't even be ELIGIBLE to be president. Then some of them were serious in that, because a REPUBLICAN judge fucked up the swearing in, he STILL wasn't president. With the questionable circumstances surrounding the last two elections, all we heard was "Get over it. Bush won fair in square". OKAY. But NOW, even though there's NO question who won, THEY can't get over it.

If Democrats came out and said they hoped Bush would fail, they'd be deemed what? ANTI-AMERICAN. And yet, THESE people want OBAMA to fail and because they DO, they're REAL Americans. Depending on what they do with the Gitmo prisoners, I'll wager that SOME of these REAL American's are HOPING for a big attack on the USA.

American politics are truly sickening. Or at least the hardliners are.

MP
01-25-2009, 05:47 PM
I'm sure that's true, but my god...if the guy was to miraculously turn the economy around and somehow end the unwinnable war on terror, these people would say it was somehow in SPITE of Obama's policies and STILL find a way to give Bush the credit. I mean c'mon. If the guy fucks up, he fucks up. But if he does something good, give the guy credit. But these people won't under any circumstances.

Hell, first off they did their best to prove the guy shouldn't even be ELIGIBLE to be president. Then some of them were serious in that, because a REPUBLICAN judge fucked up the swearing in, he STILL wasn't president. With the questionable circumstances surrounding the last two elections, all we heard was "Get over it. Bush won fair in square". OKAY. But NOW, even though there's NO question who won, THEY can't get over it.

If Democrats came out and said they hoped Bush would fail, they'd be deemed what? ANTI-AMERICAN. And yet, THESE people want OBAMA to fail and because they DO, they're REAL Americans. Depending on what they do with the Gitmo prisoners, I'll wager that SOME of these REAL American's are HOPING for a big attack on the USA.

I cant argue with you at all, I live in a county that voted Bush even this time around, the people here are just like you describe, it's very sad.

Aišo
01-25-2009, 05:52 PM
Approval rating means nothing, as proven over the last 8 years.

MrJD
01-25-2009, 06:33 PM
with all the big moves he's making who wants to bet he won't make it to the end of his first term?

uno
01-25-2009, 06:57 PM
with all the big moves he's making who wants to bet he won't make it to the end of his first term?

Eesh don't even suggest it. People have gotten knocks on their door for less.

crockett
01-25-2009, 07:06 PM
68% is about right I'd think. That is about the amount of the country that voted for him. He's likely to take some hits too from the hard core right wingers with his announcements of him shutting down getmo and approving stem cell research funding as well as abortion funding.

Reppy
01-25-2009, 08:40 PM

You've pretty much summed up the outsiders (dirty foreigners) point of view right there. And the sad thing is that those you've mentioned can't see it. Would be defensive to a violent degree if they were confronted with the truth.

mikesinner
01-25-2009, 09:19 PM
Just further for him to fall then.

sexandcash
01-26-2009, 08:37 AM
yeah, it's still early. I would expect approval ratings to jump after you know how, regardless of who replaced him

excellent point...couldn't agree more :)

vdc-loki
01-26-2009, 08:37 AM
Well depending on how much of this is true, it would seem to me that in less then one week he's DROPPED...

As of Tues/Weds of last week I saw on multiple new stations (and websites) that Obama had an 80% (EIGHTY) approval rating, so if that was true then he's already lost 12% in only 6 days.

-Loki-