PDA

View Full Version : TGP owners

Spicy
12-10-2008, 03:19 PM
How many tgps do you run on a single dedicated machine?
I mean tgps with trade script, please post type (thumb/text) and size. I currently have 3 small sites (2-3k daily each) on mine and I am not sure what would be the maximum for the server HW.

tranza
12-10-2008, 03:39 PM
I've never tested it, but I currently have 8 TGPs and I'm thinking of putting them all on 1 server.

:2 cents:

Toby
12-10-2008, 03:43 PM
On my dedicated box I have 4 thumb TGP's, a blog, plus several other sites, including the domain I use for hosting all galleries I build myself. I'm not even close to maxing out the server.

tranza
12-10-2008, 04:15 PM
On my dedicated box I have 4 thumb TGP's, a blog, plus several other sites, including the domain I use for hosting all galleries I build myself. I'm not even close to maxing out the server.

Do you know what kind of server you have Toby?

A.J. Angel
12-10-2008, 04:20 PM
How many tgps do you run on a single dedicated machine?
I mean tgps with trade script, please post type (thumb/text) and size. I currently have 3 small sites (2-3k daily each) on mine and I am not sure what would be the maximum for the server HW.

I would say at least a dozen at that size and it still would be maxing out your server. The maximum I guess would be the double of it. Depends your server's characteristics and how much resources your site consumes.

NY Jester
12-11-2008, 12:58 AM
And Id venture to say that you have some pretty good traffic to those TGPs Toby, so, thats a boatload. Who are you with?

crockett
12-11-2008, 01:03 AM
I was just talking to someone today that has 100 ST installs on one machine. So that means 100 trade script installs as well. He also has a decent amount of traffic on the server.

Toby
12-11-2008, 02:00 AM
I'm with MojoHost. I don't recall the exact server specs off the top of my head but it's nothing unusual, a Dell with Pentium D if memory serves.

I'm not sure boatload of traffic is the correct phrase. These are all narrow niche TGP's so traffic volume is relative. My boot fetish TGP is my oldest, and in terms of traffic it's easily in the top 5 in it's niche.

Spicy
12-11-2008, 10:37 AM
I dont remember my config as well but its some Xenon processor, around 2-3 GB of ram so I gues I should be ok.

The BW is 130Mbps