PDA

View Full Version : Cubase 4 :::

DeanCapture
09-29-2008, 08:45 PM
Do we have any musicians here using Cubase?

I'm trying to learn it right now....wondered if you could recommend any good books for a beginner trying to learn it.....

http://www.tweakheadz.com/images/cubase3.jpg

MP
09-29-2008, 11:03 PM
Ahh my heads hurts just looking at that!

DeanCapture
09-29-2008, 11:30 PM

Hahaha - I know the feeling!

I spent a few hours yesterday trying to figure out how to get the software up & rolling. I recorded a drum track (drum machine), bass guitar track, rhythm guitar and a lead guitar track. Just playing around trying to figure out how everything worked...came up with this. It's no masterpiece but it's pretty cool for what it is. CRANK UP THEM SPEAKERS....

Click it! (http://www.deancapture.com/test_song.mp3)

Mr. Goat
09-29-2008, 11:32 PM

I seen the cap and I said WHAT THE FUCK out loud.. lol

Footman
09-30-2008, 12:26 AM
I have a friend who's a big time DJ and he uses some mind of shit like that on his puter. Makes his own stuff and has worked with Madona, Santana etc reworking there stuff into club tunes. I look at that and get an instant headache.

AbulletAway
09-30-2008, 02:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Cubase+4&search_type= here are some tutorials on it on youtube. I know, it sounds crazy. But, chances are there's a seven year old with a video on there will show you enough to get started. I can't tell you how embarrassing it is when I used to get lost trying to learn some new feature of vegas 8 and I would go to youtube and there's an 8 year old with a tutorial on exactly what I need to know. But, you can learn alot and it's free.

voanoa
09-30-2008, 05:05 AM
Have you ever learn some other program before, its pretty hard to learn cubase if you don`t have any experience with Reason or something else.Try to find on internet i think there is some tips for beginners.

Tim
09-30-2008, 07:56 AM
I am getting into Pro Tools - and actually that Cubase looks a lot more simple!

Mike Semen
09-30-2008, 05:51 PM
Haven't used it since V2. I used ti have Cubase with an AkaiS3000 and controller keyboard. Great days!!!

XxXotic
09-30-2008, 05:54 PM
Hahaha - I know the feeling!

I spent a few hours yesterday trying to figure out how to get the software up & rolling. I recorded a drum track (drum machine), bass guitar track, rhythm guitar and a lead guitar track. Just playing around trying to figure out how everything worked...came up with this. It's no masterpiece but it's pretty cool for what it is. CRANK UP THEM SPEAKERS....

Click it! (http://www.deancapture.com/test_song.mp3)i'm still waiting for the guy in tight leather pants with big hair to jump out :naughty:

DeanCapture
09-30-2008, 06:07 PM
i'm still waiting for the guy in tight leather pants with big hair to jump out :naughty:

hahahaha, I've got pictures of that actually - from the 80's! Don't tempt me......LOL

XxXotic
09-30-2008, 06:23 PM
hahahaha, I've got pictures of that actually - from the 80's! Don't tempt me......LOLI triple dog dare ya! :D

DeanCapture
09-30-2008, 09:47 PM
Have you ever learn some other program before, its pretty hard to learn cubase if you don`t have any experience with Reason or something else.Try to find on internet i think there is some tips for beginners.

I've been working a little with Adobe Audition but a couple of my friends who are musicians think that Cubase is better and will serve my needs better when I figure out how to work it. I picked up a 6 hour DVD workshop and book so that should be enough to get me started :)

voanoa
10-01-2008, 05:12 AM
I've been working a little with Adobe Audition but a couple of my friends who are musicians think that Cubase is better and will serve my needs better when I figure out how to work it. I picked up a 6 hour DVD workshop and book so that should be enough to get me started :)

Absolutely man Cubase its very professional for making music but also is very complicate that`s why i said that you must have some background, however good luck with you learning