PDA

View Full Version : Another thread about my iPhone...

Mr. Goat
08-13-2008, 10:58 PM
So today I mastred the whole sync with my PC and Itunes and its pretty awesome put some $$ into Itunes to get some music flowing so I can see how that will be expensive! :(

But also set up a new gmail acct on the phone to use just for other emails, used some of the text messaging and also got a few applications!

This phone is awesome everyone said it was impressive but untill you can sit there and play with it you really have no idea!

lazzlo
08-13-2008, 11:05 PM
i sit and play with it all the time

camcruise
08-13-2008, 11:07 PM
Tony is going to get one in about a week. it looks like a great phone.

Tim
08-14-2008, 09:27 AM
i sit and play with it all the time

:giggle:

XxXotic
08-14-2008, 05:03 PM
i sit and play with it all the time:lol1:

PMC
08-14-2008, 06:11 PM
my wife works for rogers, she said not to ever use the GPS function, thats where people rack up thousands of $'s without even knowing it

Mr. Goat
08-14-2008, 06:57 PM
How so? I was told GPS is covered in data...

you were also told you could not get it for $199 and your wife works there?

??

Cyndalie
08-14-2008, 07:13 PM
I have to wait a year to get one to get out of my contract.
I tried to upgrade to a blackberry and data plan today - doubling what I pay per month, and they wouldn't give me a discount on the BB, wanted $450 for it! Nuts!
You are lucky!

Mr. Goat
08-14-2008, 08:27 PM
Hey Wiggles I just called Rogers cause I needed to ask about my plan again.

GPS IS Included in the $30 data charge, if anything it might burn up a lot of data and people were paying for the overages?

I did just find out my 125 text messages are now only valid to canada! bastards changed that use to be good for US and Canada, now have to pay 25cents per text sent to the US.

PMC
08-14-2008, 08:34 PM
How so? I was told GPS is covered in data...

you were also told you could not get it for $199 and your wife works there?

??

ya she wondered if you have billed lots with rogers over the years cellphone wise? if you bills lots monthly you would get promo, i only bill $100/month so I haven't accrued alot to get a discount that big on my phone upgrade

otherwise she said the agent who signed you up and gave promo would be fired if they are caught doing that, cause its a big no no to give promo price to existing customers

regarding gps, apparantly people forget to turn it off, and it uses up all their data + more, most just get iphone 400mb data plan, not the 4gb one

Mr. Goat
08-14-2008, 08:48 PM
I was looking at the phone and once you bring google maps up (thats what it uses for the GPS) it locates you right away.... so worried about it always being on I found this...

Save power.
GPS on iPhone is active only when you need it. iPhone powers the GPS unit on and off quickly and automatically, so it won’t adversely affect battery life.

So by that I assume when you close out of the gps application its not using it, but I can see how it can burn a lot of data if you are using it all the time Ill have to do some more research!

Mr. Goat
08-14-2008, 08:49 PM
Oh I see your 4oomb data plan comment.. yeah the guys were telling me you would be lucky to kill 1 gig but when things get more advanced you will need more bandwith, so rogers is selling it with the 3 year plan 6 gigs a month for 30$ only issues you cant downgrade that at all for the 3 year plan or else you have to pay liek 150$ or some shit... but either way 30$ for 6 gigs is pretty nice anyhow.

Mr. Goat
08-14-2008, 08:51 PM
Oh and also... i hardly used my cell phone up to this time so its not like im a cell phone baller and im getting a deal, in store and calling rogers cust care both gave me the same deal on the phone and the instore guys where i got the phone did not even have my info before they gave me the detials... so maybe its just diffrent where you are?

I wouldhave thought costs etc would be universal but i can assure you i did not get a ""SPECIAL"" deal.

PMC
08-14-2008, 10:11 PM
thats fucked, i'm going to the store now!