PDA

View Full Version : Shaving punishment?

ManilaMan
08-12-2008, 03:44 PM
having seen my stats at my main sponsor go from `1 in 150 to 1 in 1150 last week. and these stats have remained at 1 in 150 for about 7 months.........

I started to wonder when I got more signups on monday than I did all last week. My signup ratio immediately went back to normal about 1 in 150. Since tyhe difference in signup ratio was about 1000 percent, more or less, I thought that this was not only highly unusual, but perhaps statistically very improbable.

Do you think the sponsor perhaps saw a few chargebacks on my acct and decided to just take them back by shaving them off my last week sales? I know a lot of sponsors shave, well most , in fact.............and this would certainly explain the huge drop in conversion ratio for one week, then immediate return to the previous ratio as soon as monday came.

Does this sound plausible or paranoid.

lazzlo
08-12-2008, 04:02 PM
programs shave? say it aint soooooooooooo

ManilaMan
08-12-2008, 04:06 PM
we all know they do, but this would be like 10 sales in one week that I was missing with my traffic.................................so, thats why i said it was so unusual..............................i still hope the sales return maintains, and i would much rather be sitting here speculating about conspiracy theorys with normal sales..........than moaning that my sales permanently tanked

i was worried that maybe they changed the tour , added a bunch of prechecked BS on the signup page or something terrible..........a one week blip i can handle

Panky
08-12-2008, 04:19 PM
Just because you experienced a drop in sales doesn't necessarily mean that the sponsor is pulling any shady stunts. Everyone has good weeks and everyone has bad weeks. Some months are better than other months. This is normal. It's just the nature of the sales business.

PurrsianPussyKat
08-12-2008, 04:24 PM
Wow.. publicly implying your sponsor shaves with no proof is a good way to get terminated from their program.

ManilaMan
08-12-2008, 04:28 PM
Wow.. publicly implying your sponsor shaves with no proof is a good way to get terminated from their program.

did i name the sponsor? nope

the Shemp
08-12-2008, 04:29 PM
having seen my stats at my main sponsor go from `1 in 150 to 1 in 1150 last week. and these stats have remained at 1 in 150 for about 7 months.........

I started to wonder when I got more signups on monday than I did all last week. My signup ratio immediately went back to normal about 1 in 150. Since tyhe difference in signup ratio was about 1000 percent, more or less, I thought that this was not only highly unusual, but perhaps statistically very improbable.

Do you think the sponsor perhaps saw a few chargebacks on my acct and decided to just take them back by shaving them off my last week sales? I know a lot of sponsors shave, well most , in fact.............and this would certainly explain the huge drop in conversion ratio for one week, then immediate return to the previous ratio as soon as monday came.

Does this sound plausible or paranoid.

if i had a program and was going to "shave" it would be done over a long period of time and a very small amount so as to not raise suspicions like you have mentioned above..

PurrsianPussyKat
08-12-2008, 04:29 PM
did i name the sponsor? nope

lol Yeah, but we all know who you're talking about based on your past posts. ;)

http://bbs.mediumpimpin.com/showthread.php?t=72074

ManilaMan
08-12-2008, 04:30 PM
shemp agreed

its probably just a temporary normal fluctuation in sales....................

Panky
08-12-2008, 07:28 PM
Low sales is a good reason why one needs multiple sources of revenue. Too many people become accustomed to one source for a good chunk of their income and when that source takes a hit, they feel it. It's not always easy to bounce back either.

Mr. Goat
08-12-2008, 10:18 PM
Also note MOST programs I know of if you get a CB they still deduct it from your acct even if it was already paid out you can go into the hole and then if you ever send another sale etc....

It happens all the time!

plateman
08-13-2008, 12:58 AM
Just because you experienced a drop in sales doesn't necessarily mean that the sponsor is pulling any shady stunts. Everyone has good weeks and everyone has bad weeks. Some months are better than other months. This is normal. It's just the nature of the sales business.

I agree there are many up and downs in this biz

tommyschlong
08-13-2008, 01:21 AM

+1

last week rocked on new sign ups this week totally sucks

Tim
08-13-2008, 06:18 AM
No one has said the usual: "It's to make up for expenses at Internext" yet! :)

Fletch XXX
08-14-2008, 04:23 PM
Wow.. publicly implying your sponsor shaves with no proof

yeah post the name of the sponsor!

burn the witch burn the witches!

(obviously he didnt even name them)

Thomas1007
08-14-2008, 04:26 PM
sales fluctuate, I am concentrating on the next few weeks for an upswing in sales. :2cents:

ManilaMan
08-14-2008, 07:35 PM
i watched to see if it was just a one day boost back to normal then a return to crappy sales of last week. nope so far this week is totally normal , thank god

drunken
08-14-2008, 08:28 PM
Low sales is a good reason why one needs multiple sources of revenue.

amen, brotha