PDA

View Full Version : TwistysCash now offering Cross-Sell Free Options to Affiliates!

Shap
07-30-2008, 07:14 PM
Hi guys. We've been in the industry for almost 10 years. Our first 5 years were almost 100% on free sites. I think most of you know we own Thumbzilla.com. I say that because I've always felt our ties to free sites reflect in our understanding of what affiliates need and want. I know how frustrating it is to feel that sponsors don't give a shit about you and don't care about your concerns. We definitely care about our affiliates and their concerns. Making you guys happy is very important to us.

With all of that said I've read and heard the concerns regarding Cross-Sells. As a company we are working very hard to be one of the largest affiliate programs. As a result we have to be competitive in our payouts and our monetization of traffic. We do our best to be competitive without being counter productive and harming the industry. We've increased our payouts on TwistysCash in an effort to make our affiliates more money.

We've had a few affiliates contact us regarding a non cross-sell option. So today we made that a reality. We are adding a non cross-sell option for all sites in TwistysCash! We will have a non cross-sell option for both PPS and Revshare.

You guys spoke and we listened :)

PurrsianPussyKat
07-30-2008, 07:37 PM
Sweet! Good deal Shap!! :)

Murloc
07-30-2008, 07:39 PM
Good move Shap. Would of course rather see all crossells options gone on all sites, but that's not gonna hapeen as the industry is now. Too many want those high payouts and don't care that the sponsor have to finance it somewhere.

SirMoby
07-30-2008, 07:46 PM
Hats off to you Shap. :rock:

papillon
07-30-2008, 08:57 PM
Good stuff Shap. You run a great program mate.

lazzlo
07-30-2008, 09:05 PM
awesome u listened to us underlings!

Shap
07-30-2008, 09:28 PM
awesome u listened to us underlings!

Your thread was the start of it. We received two emails after it and then made the decision to do it ;)

lazzlo
07-30-2008, 09:30 PM
god i wish more owners were like you and kev, u guys are a dieing breed!

Shap
07-30-2008, 09:42 PM
god i wish more owners were like you and kev, u guys are a dieing breed!

Probably because most owners start from a different angle. Kevin and I started with 0 and fought and clawed and worked our way up. Our recipe was hard work and long hours. Not deception and creative scams. I never took the easy road and I've lost a shitload of money because of that. I don't regret it one bit. ;)

PMC
07-30-2008, 09:57 PM
i bet alot of programs will follow suit soon

Anthony
07-30-2008, 10:52 PM
BOSBucks also setup a cross sale and console free option for our affiliates.

Not to steal your thunder Shap, sorry.

The option is there, now I'm going to sit back and see who actually puts their money where their mouth is and use it.

lazzlo
07-30-2008, 11:35 PM
Probably because most owners start from a different angle. Kevin and I started with 0 and fought and clawed and worked our way up. Our recipe was hard work and long hours. Not deception and creative scams. I never took the easy road and I've lost a shitload of money because of that. I don't regret it one bit. ;)
tryin the new linking now with this awesome gallery im subbing. heh

Rongo
07-31-2008, 01:30 AM
The option is there, now I'm going to sit back and see who actually puts their money where their mouth is and use it.
FWIW, I swapped all the links for the TwistysCash sites as soon as they were made available. And now just waiting on the FHG's so they can get replaced as well.

Since I deal with Revshare, I'm more interested in a customer's experience. This, of course, uses the assumption that a more enjoyable experience without any surprises would lend itself to a greater opportunity for a rebill versus the extra dollar or two I'd earn on the cross sale type forms.

For the record, even with Twistys' cross-sale forms, they're right there for the customer to view, without any deception -- which in my opinion is the way to do it. This industry has enough attention from gov't officials without inviting additional scrutiny.

That said, nice to see your program make the option available as well Anthony.

Toby
07-31-2008, 01:35 AM
tryin the new linking now with this awesome gallery im subbing. heh

Nice looking gallery, and I especially like that you used the non-encoded links so I can see the noxsell in the link code when reviewing submits. :beer:

lazzlo
07-31-2008, 09:11 AM
Nice looking gallery, and I especially like that you used the non-encoded links so I can see the noxsell in the link code when reviewing submits. :beer:
thanks toby, your tgp is one of my favs so list it high! haha

nurgle
07-31-2008, 10:08 AM
just my 2 cents and interested in everyones opinion.. isnt the idea of revshare, that, your traffic u send doesnt get messed around with and ie no cross sales? as doesnt that break this revshare model?

Hats off to u for offering the no cross option... but im a little confused how cross sales is creeping into revshare now

PPS i clearly dont give a fuck.. but revshare concerns me

N

Shap
07-31-2008, 11:06 AM
just my 2 cents and interested in everyones opinion.. isnt the idea of revshare, that, your traffic u send doesnt get messed around with and ie no cross sales? as doesnt that break this revshare model?

Hats off to u for offering the no cross option... but im a little confused how cross sales is creeping into revshare now

PPS i clearly dont give a fuck.. but revshare concerns me

N

I don't think it has crept up I think it has be going on for a long time now. When we added cross sells I did alot of research and couldn't find any programs I considered to be competition that did not have cross sales on revshare.

I agree with what you are saying. I just think it's been going on for a long time.

Murloc
07-31-2008, 11:50 AM
Shap is the revshare nocrosssale the default link. Or do I need to change my old revshare links that as been up for several years?

Shap
07-31-2008, 12:31 PM
Shap is the revshare nocrosssale the default link. Or do I need to change my old revshare links that as been up for several years?

The old links will need to be changed if you want a non-cross sale option. We have redirects in place for all our old TwistysCash links that go to our 70% revshare option (which has cross sales). From the feedback we've received so far it seems like the majority of our affiliates would prefer their links go to our 70% revshare option. We can't split the redirect between the two. So for now we will be leaving it like it is.

I know that's not the response you were looking for. Just being honest.

Mr. Goat
07-31-2008, 01:34 PM
When we added cross sells I did alot of research and couldn't find any programs I considered to be competition that did not have cross sales on revshare.

We have never offered cross sales.

Murloc
07-31-2008, 01:43 PM
I know that's not the response you were looking for. Just being honest.

Yep, not what I had hoped for, but thanks for clearifying it for me

Shap
07-31-2008, 01:55 PM
We have never offered cross sales.

I know. But you guys moved away and into a different field than us. You became the solo girl program ;)