PDA

View Full Version : My trip to Florida rant...

AbulletAway
07-26-2008, 05:09 PM
As you read this my other PC is importing the tape I made of my trip to Florida. Basically me holding up the video as I drive through various spots of interest and boredom.

It's playing as I import it and I keep watching it. It is gonna bore you as much as it is me right now.

The drive was uneventful, I tried to Panky and didn't get to much because the connection was all choppy. Got to talk to Ron and LAJ though that was cool.

I made it to the Driskill Hotel sometime Wednesday afternoon. I got there a little early and my room wasn't ready yet. Sat in the lobby for about a half hour while they got the room ready. Finally they called me and I was taking upstairs to the 4th floor.

I will talk more about the room and the ghosts when I get the video done. The tale imports in real time and just as I typed this sentence I got to the hotel and walked in to my room on the tape. How ironic.

That night LAJ came over to my hotel and we had some drinks in the hotel bar and then went out down the little strip just outside my hotel. Everything is just right outside.

We found a nice little two story bar, went upstairs and sat outside. I have to say about Austin. I am impressed. I've never liked Texas, besides the fact our Tard of a President is from there and that they execute mentally challenged folks there. For those reasons, I have just lost all respect for the state. However, after meeting some of the folks from Austin, I have to say that they are some of the most friendly people I've ever met. The full day I spent in Austin I only see three un-attractive women. It seems that in Austin, women pretty much range from above average to drop dead gorgeous.

I had a great time with LAJ. We laughed and told stories and stared at the hotties in the bar. Here's a couple of photos us me with the girls. As you know, no one takes a worse pic than I do so just ignore the fat guy...

The rest of the drive after leaving Austin sucked. I didn't get much sleep there and I was pretty much tired the rest of the trip. I left Austin at just after 4pm on Thursday and arrived at Kevin's beach house condo thing at around 2:30 in the afternoon yesterday.

ronaldo
07-26-2008, 05:20 PM
However, after meeting some of the folks from Austin, I have to say that they are some of the most friendly people I've ever met.

Were there any interracial couples there? Did you wear your "I'm an athiest and proud of it" t-shirt?

I met our future Prime Minister Stephen Harper once and he was very nice, well spoken, intelligent and down to earth. I've since learned not to judge people on first meetings alone.

Vicious_B
07-26-2008, 05:21 PM
Cheating on me already?

AbulletAway
07-26-2008, 05:33 PM
Cheating on me already?

No, it's not cheating my little sweetness. I was just "practicing" is all. :)

JerseyGTO
07-26-2008, 05:43 PM
Ok screw all that other shit...

Did you or did you not get to experience some outlandish shit or what...Cold spots, apperitions, A hot ghost like in Ghostbusters giving hotel room head

AbulletAway
07-26-2008, 05:46 PM
Ok screw all that other shit...

Did you or did you not get to experience some outlandish shit or what...Cold spots, apperitions, A hot ghost like in Ghostbusters giving hotel room head

lol Not a thing. Not even when I was taking a shower in the tub chick killed herself in did I feel even the slightest bit creepy. There was a cold spot in my room but that's because the room had a ceiling fan and I had the thermostat set to 69 :)

lazzlo
07-26-2008, 05:47 PM
glad your havin a goodtime bullet

Footman
07-26-2008, 06:11 PM
Might try a smile in a pic or two sometime. lol

LAJ
07-26-2008, 06:15 PM
Here's a couple more for your collection Bullet. Had a great time bro and I'm thrilled you dig my city. I'm actually going to write an opinion piece for YNOT in the next few days about it and why it's great here. Obviously the worst thing about Austin is that it's surrounded by Texas.

You left out the part about that drunk woman before we hit 6th st!

MP
07-26-2008, 06:38 PM
As you read this my other PC is importing the tape I made of my trip to Florida. Basically me holding up the video as I drive through various spots of interest and boredom.

It's playing as I import it and I keep watching it. It is gonna bore you as much as it is me right now.

The drive was uneventful, I tried to Panky and didn't get to much because the connection was all choppy. Got to talk to Ron and LAJ though that was cool.

I made it to the Driskill Hotel sometime Wednesday afternoon. I got there a little early and my room wasn't ready yet. Sat in the lobby for about a half hour while they got the room ready. Finally they called me and I was taking upstairs to the 4th floor.

I will talk more about the room and the ghosts when I get the video done. The tale imports in real time and just as I typed this sentence I got to the hotel and walked in to my room on the tape. How ironic.

That night LAJ came over to my hotel and we had some drinks in the hotel bar and then went out down the little strip just outside my hotel. Everything is just right outside.

We found a nice little two story bar, went upstairs and sat outside. I have to say about Austin. I am impressed. I've never liked Texas, besides the fact our Tard of a President is from there and that they execute mentally challenged folks there. For those reasons, I have just lost all respect for the state. However, after meeting some of the folks from Austin, I have to say that they are some of the most friendly people I've ever met. The full day I spent in Austin I only see three un-attractive women. It seems that in Austin, women pretty much range from above average to drop dead gorgeous.

I had a great time with LAJ. We laughed and told stories and stared at the hotties in the bar. Here's a couple of photos us me with the girls. As you know, no one takes a worse pic than I do so just ignore the fat guy...

The rest of the drive after leaving Austin sucked. I didn't get much sleep there and I was pretty much tired the rest of the trip. I left Austin at just after 4pm on Thursday and arrived at Kevin's beach house condo thing at around 2:30 in the afternoon yesterday.

Dude you like you are ready to kill her?

DarkWeb
07-26-2008, 08:22 PM
Cool can't wait to see the vid

Cyndalie
07-26-2008, 08:31 PM
Those bud light sponsored pictures leave something out of the story :)

Glad you're having a good time on the way there! (or had!)

DarkWeb
07-26-2008, 09:09 PM
I was wondering about those BL pics too

AriGold
07-26-2008, 09:21 PM
Sounds like it was shit boring for most of the time... is there a reason you didn't fly down?? I hate long driving trips!

AbulletAway
07-26-2008, 09:40 PM
Sounds like it was shit boring for most of the time... is there a reason you didn't fly down?? I hate long driving trips!

I can't fly, I have work to do and need my both my PC's. So it's driving for me. If I was just gonna come down for the show and be gone a week, maybe two I could fly. But, I am here for about 3 weeks.

And, it's not boring. There are some times when it gets boring. But, for the most part it's just cool to be out on the open road in the middle of nowhere listening to some good creepy books.

Mr. Goat
07-26-2008, 10:06 PM
I can't fly, I have work to do and need my both my PC's. So it's driving for me. If I was just gonna come down for the show and be gone a week, maybe two I could fly. But, I am here for about 3 weeks.

And, it's not boring. There are some times when it gets boring. But, for the most part it's just cool to be out on the open road in the middle of nowhere listening to some good creepy books.

Next year your driving up to Canada to get me and Ill join you for the ride for the last while!

AbulletAway
07-27-2008, 01:26 AM
Next year your driving up to Canada to get me and Ill join you for the ride for the last while!

Well next year I am supposed to drive to Michigan to pick up Baxter, assuming he still has a job :giggle: But, sure, the more the merrier.

Footman
07-27-2008, 01:39 AM

Do you mean you bring your desk top pc with you or just two laptops?

Can't you bring an external hard drive with a laptop and fly?

AbulletAway
07-27-2008, 02:12 AM
Do you mean you bring your desk top pc with you or just two laptops?

Can't you bring an external hard drive with a laptop and fly?

I bring two desktop PC's and my laptop. I could bring an external drive I suppose and install all my software on my laptop but then when I need to render videos it would mean that for 12 to 16 hours or so I couldn't post on the forum or do any other work. For example, right now I have a video rendering on my other PC. It should take a total time of 15 minutes or so. On the laptop that same video would have taken about two hours. It just saves time bringing everything with me.

papillon
07-27-2008, 04:28 AM
Sounds like a fun adventure man.

facialfreak
07-27-2008, 04:34 AM
Texas chicks are almost as good-looking at Montrťal chicks!!!! :D

mOrrI
07-27-2008, 04:56 AM
well I hope you had fun in you trip!