PDA

View Full Version : Iraq raises idea of timetable for US withdrawal

USUALENT
07-07-2008, 05:36 PM
Of course Bush doesnt like this idea at all. I wonder how this will change landscape of both the presidential nominees. The sooner we leave Iraq our economy should get a boost...

BAGHDAD - Iraq's prime minister said Monday his country wants some type of timetable for a withdrawal of American troops included in the deal the two countries are negotiating.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080707/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq

яochard
07-07-2008, 05:59 PM
how about.... We shed American blood to give them a taste of freedom. How about we fucking stay there for the next 100 years.

Like in Germany.

Like in Japan.

Like in Korea.

Just watched a nice little piece on CNN about sports cars in Iraq - which was illegal on Saddam. Yeah, it doesn't look that bad if these kids can be driving around in Bagdad in their Mustangs and Camaros.

And what is Iraq gonna do when war breaks out with Iran, because you know that's coming? Are they gonna beg us to come back to protect them from the same country they fought a ten year war with? Are we going to protect Iraq's oil shipping when Iran starts attacking their ships?

riddler
07-07-2008, 06:02 PM
how about.... We shed American blood to give them a taste of freedom. How about we fucking stay there for the next 100 years.

Like in Germany.

Like in Japan.

Like in Korea.

Just watched a nice little piece on CNN about sports cars in Iraq - which was illegal on Saddam. Yeah, it doesn't look that bad if these kids can be driving around in Bagdad in their Mustangs and Camaros.

And what is Iraq gonna do when war breaks out with Iran, because you know that's coming? Are they gonna beg us to come back to protect them from the same country they fought a ten year war with? Are we going to protect Iraq's oil shipping when Iran starts attacking their ships?

two words, nuclear bomb.

to bad we will never use another nuclear bomb unless its used first :(

USUALENT
07-07-2008, 06:10 PM
I dont think Iraq and Iran will go to war like that again.. the Shiite run Iraq now the same faction as Iran muslim population.. If anything that will get saudi arabia uneasy about the sunni muslims in Iraq. Saddam was a Sunni muslim and they had power back then, but not now..

SirMoby
07-07-2008, 06:34 PM
Al-Maliki was headquartered in Iran for many years. There's no need for Iran and Iraq to fight since one the US troops are removed Iran will pretty much control Iraq. If Iranian troops officially enter Iraq it will be to fight against (cleanse) the Sunnis or Kurds.

The US needs to get that damn embassy finished and we probably have to throw out Halliburton in order to do that. Since Bush gave into Osama Bin Laden's demands and removed our troops from Saudi Arabia we don't have any place left to go.

papillon
07-07-2008, 09:23 PM
Why the fuck would you want to nuke anyone??

Millions of innocent people killed for what?

Tim
07-08-2008, 06:35 AM
Iraq's prime minister said Monday his country wants some type of timetable for a withdrawal of American troops included in the deal the two countries are negotiating.

If not, what kind of deal would it actually be?

яochard
07-08-2008, 02:14 PM
two words, nuclear bomb.

to bad we will never use another nuclear bomb unless its used first :(

Who is gonna nuke who?

Imagine if Iran built a nuclear bomb, gave it to some of their friendly terrorists, and it goes off in the US. Within 48 hours Iran would no longer exist and it would be one very large glass parking lot.

They can't nuke Israel; Their goal is to own it, not destroy it.

Cyndalie
07-08-2008, 02:25 PM
Iraq is a strategic military base for keeping close eye on Iran and Syria. Anyone who thinks we need to 'get out' need to read a little history.

As for withdrawing from Iraq helping to improve our economy, I don't know how you made that leap.

USUALENT
07-08-2008, 05:47 PM
Iraq is a strategic military base for keeping close eye on Iran and Syria. Anyone who thinks we need to 'get out' need to read a little history.

As for withdrawing from Iraq helping to improve our economy, I don't know how you made that leap.

Liars can figure( bush ), but figures dont lie ( our economy ) wars cost money bottom line.. I guess it's good to occupy other countries.. Like they do in Palestine.. At what cost should we continue on to protect the jewish settlers and have a hand in the oil market... I guess it is better going to war with a country that doesnt have nukes Iran, but yet a free pass is given to a country that does Pakistan that has all the terrorists...

America will always be in a fight with certain countries as long as it pushes government before faith. On top of choosing to deal with countries that share the same american views and isolating the ones, who dont share that same view... In simple terms how would you feel about someone telling you to run your household..

Toker
07-08-2008, 11:41 PM
Of course Bush doesnt like this idea at all. I wonder how this will change landscape of both the presidential nominees. The sooner we leave Iraq our economy should get a boost...

BAGHDAD - Iraq's prime minister said Monday his country wants some type of timetable for a withdrawal of American troops included in the deal the two countries are negotiating.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080707/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq

They did want everyone out by the end of the year a few months ago.
Bush has been on his knees begging ever since,
I know if Israel does Dump on Iran every Arab who knows what a Camel
is will blame the US and it sure won't help our troops in Iraq!