PDA

View Full Version : Hardlink Exchange/Trade Script?

Mr. Goat
05-01-2008, 02:26 AM
Is there such a beast out there that can be used for Hardlink exchanges :what:

Mike Semen
05-01-2008, 07:02 AM
Ok, your two main choices are Linkex and Links Organizer. I like parts of both, and they seem to fulfil two slightly different roles for me even though they're designed to do the same thing.

The main differences for me are:

Linkex:
You install it on each domain/subdomain you want the links on. Some people say there are some security flaws, but Ive never had it hacked in years of using it.

LO:
Install it once on any domain (I have all my scripts from kaktusan on one domain), and then set up all sites on the script that you want to trade with. Downside of this is that you're reliant on that server being up, or all your traded links are down. Also, I don't like the actual trade interface that much, its a bit fiddly and not that clear.

If you're after automated links pages then Linkex is better imho, if you want to manage your links closely then LO.

Hit me up if you need more info mate.

Spicy
05-01-2008, 09:40 AM
Ok, your two main choices are Linkex and Links Organizer. I like parts of both, and they seem to fulfil two slightly different roles for me even though they're designed to do the same thing.

Linkex:
You install it on each domain/subdomain you want the links on. Some people say there are some security flaws, but Ive never had it hacked in years of using it.

LO:
Install it once on any domain (I have all my scripts from kaktusan on one domain), and then set up all sites on the script that you want to trade with. Downside of this is that you're reliant on that server being up, or all your traded links are down. Also, I don't like the actual trade interface that much, its a bit fiddly and not that clear.

If you're after automated links pages then Linkex is better imho, if you want to manage your links closely then LO.

Also worth to say.. Linkex is FREE. And looks very simple and easy to use.

PurrsianPussyKat
05-01-2008, 09:48 AM
Mike to the rescue! :)

Mr. Goat
05-01-2008, 11:25 AM

Linkex:

LO:

Nice thanks for the info... I forgot about LO but I also like the idea of Free with LinkEx.

Anyone else have any experience with either?

tommyschlong
05-01-2008, 03:26 PM
I havent used LO however i do use LinkEx and have been very happy with it.. plus free is always a nice bonus

the Shemp
05-01-2008, 07:39 PM
what is the advantage of a link exchange script?
is this like a traffic trade script with a no skim feature?

A.J. Angel
05-01-2008, 07:52 PM
what is the advantage of a link exchange script?
is this like a traffic trade script with a no skim feature?

It avoids you the hassle to check all the hard links trades you have by doing it automatically and also checks if your link is up correctly (anchor, URL, tags). LinkEx is 'known' to be easy to be hacked but as of now, I haven't yet heard anyone complain about it. Links Organizer is cool as it has more features but the forms are not that much great looking especially the multiple site links exchanges.

the Shemp
05-01-2008, 07:57 PM
It avoids you the hassle to check all the hard links trades you have by doing it automatically and also checks if your link is up correctly (anchor, URL, tags). LinkEx is 'known' to be easy to be hacked but as of now, I haven't yet heard anyone complain about it. Links Organizer is cool as it has more features but the forms are not that much great looking especially the multiple site links exchanges.

so it is more for search engine friendly purposes ..?

A.J. Angel
05-01-2008, 08:01 PM

That, I cannot be affirmative but from what I have read here and there on different boards, it seems so. At least, it is friendly for Google PageRanks though and I'm almost sure about it.

Mike Semen
05-02-2008, 07:17 AM

Yup, I use both as link exchange toolss for SEO. Any traffic that comes from these link exchanges is a small bonus.

Oh and another thing worth noting is that linkex is betaing an auto exchange feature, where you can enter a bunch of URLS that also have Linkex and the feature activated, and it will add the links to both sites, yours and the others.

Interesting idea if used right, disastrous if not managed...

chromakey
05-03-2008, 03:19 AM
I use linkex on some sites and I find it to be a very useful tool. Its great to be able to scan your links with one click to check if the back link is still there.

the Shemp
05-03-2008, 03:25 AM
disastrous if not managed...

hehe, some people are braver than i am ....

SirMoby
05-03-2008, 03:46 AM
Links Organizer is a good script as are the other scripts from Kaktusan. I use it to manage links on about 20 sites.

Yes, there is no skim and it's for SEO purposes.

tigermtb
05-03-2008, 11:42 AM
There is another script out there that will do hardlink trades..

http://www.zeroscript.net

This is a more robust traffic script.. lots of features. All the links are SE friendly and don't use an out.php? file or any of that junk.

vegas
05-03-2008, 02:08 PM
I've used LO on all of my blogs and the latest version is REALLY good! Especially if you got multiple blogs in multiple niches.

vegas
05-03-2008, 02:10 PM

I would say 80% of it is for SE purposes especially using ABC trades.

Mr. Goat
05-03-2008, 02:17 PM
Thanks guys... I think I'll looking into LO.