PDA

View Full Version : Gallery links

pam
03-01-2008, 07:41 PM
So, I went to the new page today and thought it looked great. Went to grab some FHGs and it would not work, then I saw where it said you had to use IE, which I don't use.

At that point it froze my browser so badly I had to reboot. Said something about the "script" stopped working.

Not sure what script you have that can kill Firefox but it must be one hell of a powerful thing!

Will you be enabling this to work in Firefox so I can grab some links soon?

Mr. Goat
03-02-2008, 12:07 AM
The script was custom made by Johan.

Not sure what options we will have but I know it will be addressed once hes back to a location where he will be working again.

Feel free to email me or PM me with a request of galleries you want or how you want them etc and I''ll be glad to get you what you need.

A.J. Angel
03-02-2008, 04:30 AM
Regarding the gallery links, do the old ones still works and appear in the stats (until they are changed by the new ones)?

MP
03-02-2008, 06:31 PM
The old links/old hosted are not going away, then will stay live nothing needs to be changed.

I will get with Johan on The god dam suck ass browser that is more anal then a retard and see whats up.

AbulletAway
03-02-2008, 06:37 PM
The old links/old hosted are not going away, then will stay live nothing needs to be changed.

I will get with Johan on The god dam suck ass browser that is more anal then a retard and see whats up.

As it was once explained to me by a programmer. Firefox is designed to read code exactly. It has no margin for error like IE does. IE will read the worst code and try to make something of it. FF doesn't deal with it all. If you fucked up something in the code FF won't even try to deal with it.

Its the main reason I never used FF. But, the more I thought about, the more I realized how many times I would design something and then someone would come back to me and say it doesn't work in Safari or it doesn't work in FF. I hated those browsers. But, it was my fault to begin with. You always have to test your work in multiple browsers. So I would always tested everything I did in FF. I find that if it works in FF, it will work in AOL and Safari. So why not just use FF. Since then, I just don't have any more problems like this stuff. If I fucked something up, I see it right away and can fix it before anyone else sees it.

Dario
03-02-2008, 07:33 PM
FF has some issues with the AJAX functions used on that page. I did not write them myself but used an external library to speed up the development.

Not sure if that code is having issues or if it's differences in FF that causes it.

Either way, looks like FF does a progressive update to the HTML which gets it stuck in what seems like endless loops while IE uses an internal buffer then changes the HTML all at once.

So, for now use IE and it works like a charm.

pam
03-02-2008, 09:45 PM
I'll PM you, Mailman, since I don't and won't use IE.

A.J. Angel
03-03-2008, 03:55 AM

Cool! Thanks for the response! :)

Mr. Goat
03-03-2008, 04:58 AM
I'll PM you, Mailman, since I don't and won't use IE.

Sounds good, once I get your PM ill make sure to get you what you need right away :)

LFCII
03-04-2008, 09:03 AM
I just went in and gathered some FHG with no problems in FF 2.0.0.12. Maybe because I am an anal retard?

Kind Regards,

Les

Dario
03-04-2008, 09:49 AM
I just went in and gathered some FHG with no problems in FF 2.0.0.12. Maybe because I am an anal retard?

Kind Regards,

Les

I use the same version. It works when you grab small portions of FHG's at a time, it's when you try to grab 100's of them the browser goes in to endless loops where you may even have to kill the browser to escape it.

Very weird behavior, I think I will just stop using AJAX on that page.

pam
03-04-2008, 10:24 AM
Sounds good, once I get your PM ill make sure to get you what you need right away :)

Sent yesterday and I hope what I asked for makes sense

LFCII
03-04-2008, 11:00 AM
I use the same version. It works when you grab small portions of FHG's at a time, it's when you try to grab 100's of them the browser goes in to endless loops where you may even have to kill the browser to escape it.

Very weird behavior, I think I will just stop using AJAX on that page.

Yeap.... When I tried to grab everything it stalled. Are you already in Argentina? If so, that was rather smooth after you got going.

Kind Regards,

Les

Dario
03-05-2008, 01:52 PM
Yeap.... When I tried to grab everything it stalled. Are you already in Argentina? If so, that was rather smooth after you got going.

Kind Regards,

Les
Yep I reached my final destination, it was not Argentina though but Paraguay :)

Also, the problem with the FHG tool has been solved ... happy exporting!

pam
03-05-2008, 07:41 PM
Also, the problem with the FHG tool has been solved ... happy exporting!

I'll be testing it later -- if my browser freezes you owe me lunch!

Dario
03-06-2008, 07:52 AM
I'll be testing it later -- if my browser freezes you owe me lunch!

Fine, but if it doesn't you owe me a beer ;)