PDA

View Full Version : It amazes me . . .

deleuze
02-04-2004, 04:23 PM
how pathetic some sponsors are. There is this one sponsor that I haven't checked stats for in a while so I log in to my account today to find out that they changed the tour I was sending traffic to. No problem, except the new tour is now in a different niche. Not only that but they have also reduced payouts from $25.00 to $20.00. All of this without an e-mail telling affiliates. But the most pathetic part is that this site offers a free 30 minute preview like it always has but when they changed the tour they also put in flashing text on the main page "Join Now And Get Access For A Buck." Well there goes any chance of making a sale. I guess they'll just get to keep the $20 I have in my account.

Danny_C
02-04-2004, 04:41 PM
Are you sure they didn't email you? Sometimes sponsors email their affiliates, but the emails get caught in spam filters, or are deleted without the person looking.

deleuze
02-04-2004, 04:54 PM
No, I'm sure. And this isn't the first sponsor that has done this.

LadyMischief
02-04-2004, 04:56 PM
Yeah that's always pretty lame.. Sorry to hear it man.

Mr. Goat
02-04-2004, 05:02 PM
yeah defently shitty how some sponsors just figure everyone will know!

Fluid
02-04-2004, 05:57 PM
get this..there's a sponsor, who will remain nameless, that changed their affiliate software, lets say in january a few years back. The new software didn't require the gateway they used to have, so instead of sponsor-stats.com/cgicount/ the new code would be site-name.com/partner/. So, being the dumbasses they were, they changed all this, and deleted their old script right away, then found out, they deleted all the old partner accounts with it. This meant all their affiliate traffic went to a blank domain. Windows standard 404 page. Smart.

Worst yet, they couldn't email a half the partners, because the emails were kept there. So maybe 1 in 10 got emailed. I found out the codes were changed when the mailed (that's right..regular old fashioned mail) a letter to me 3 months later asking me to signup again for the program.

What a fucking joke. Sad thing is, I used a lot of their free content, so I had to or pull sites totally and get blacklisted.

Oh..and this program is still open today. In fact, I know some of the reps for it, think even some people here promote it. Jact will meet some of the reps this weekend I'm sure.

anamorphosis
02-04-2004, 06:54 PM
This is weak.... sponsors MUST warn their webmasters for any change. :getyou:

Kamilla
02-04-2004, 07:12 PM
I haven't had that many problems with sponsors. But I do recall my rep from scorcescash e-mailing me, asking if I could send them more traffic. Shortly after that I wasn't able to log in to my account. Took me a while and a couple of posts at gfy to find out that they closed! And NO e-mail at all!
When going to their former domains I get a dns error - they didn't even forward it to another sponsor lol :crazy:

virux
02-04-2004, 07:34 PM
thats why sticking with MP is the right choice... one of the many sponsors where you can trust