PDA

View Full Version : Contest Time!!!



AbulletAway
02-01-2004, 05:05 PM
Since its Super Bowl Sunday and I've seen lots of contest asking to pick the winner, what the score will be and all that. Those are great but I want everyone to have a chance to win. I want more than one winner today. I also want it to be simple so even if you don't know much about the game you can still get some easy points and have some fun.


Contest #1
Who will score first? Panthers or Patriots? worth 15 points.



Contest #2
How many points will the first score be?
2 = 100pts
3 = 20pts
6 = 50pts
7 = 15pts



Contest #3
Who will score fist and how many points will they get for the score?
2 = 200pts
3 = 40pts
6 = 100pts
7 = 30pts


Contest #4
Who will be in the lead at half time?
Panthers or Patriots? 25pts




Contest #5
Will the team that scores first win the Super Bowl?
50pts



Contest #6
Who will win?
Panthers or Patriots?
25 pts



Contest #7
If you made the correct guess for all of them you get 300 points!

Mr. Goat
02-01-2004, 05:09 PM
Contest #1
Who will score first? Panthers or Patriots? worth 15 points.

Panters



Contest #2
How many points will the first score be?
2 = 100pts
3 = 20pts
6 = 50pts
7 = 15pts

3 pts



Contest #3
Who will score fist and how many points will they get for the score?
2 = 200pts
3 = 40pts
6 = 100pts
7 = 30pts

Panthers - 3pts


Contest #4
Who will be in the lead at half time?
Panthers or Patriots? 25pts

Patriots




Contest #5
Will the team that scores first win the Super Bowl?
50pts

Yes



Contest #6
Who will win?
Panthers or Patriots?
25 pts

Panthers

Dolleyes
02-01-2004, 05:10 PM
#1...........Patriots
#2...........7
#3...........Patriots, 7
#4...........Patriots
#5...........yes
#6...........Patriots
#7...........??

Mr. Mojo Risin
02-01-2004, 05:14 PM
Contest #1
Who will score first? Panthers or Patriots? worth 15 points.

Patriots



Contest #2
How many points will the first score be?
2 = 100pts
3 = 20pts
6 = 50pts
7 = 15pts

7 pts



Contest #3
Who will score fist and how many points will they get for the score?
2 = 200pts
3 = 40pts
6 = 100pts
7 = 30pts

Patriots - 7pts


Contest #4
Who will be in the lead at half time?
Panthers or Patriots? 25pts

Patriots




Contest #5
Will the team that scores first win the Super Bowl?
50pts

Yes



Contest #6
Who will win?
Panthers or Patriots?
25 pts

Patriots

Kush
02-01-2004, 05:17 PM
Contest #1Patriots
Contest #2 7
Contest #3 Patriots - 7 points
Contest #4 Patriots
Contest #5 Yes
Contest #6Patriots
Contest #7 sweet!

Cool contests, lots riding on the Patriots for my pointwise!

AbulletAway
02-01-2004, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by mailman
[b]Contest #1
Who will score first? Panthers or Patriots? worth 15 points.

Panters






Panters?

Cool I was hoping they'd make it. :)

The Cocuficator
02-01-2004, 05:18 PM
Contest #1
Who will score first? Panthers or Patriots?

Patriots



Contest #2
How many points will the first score be?

7



Contest #3
Who will score fist and how many points will they get for the score?
2 = 200pts
3 = 40pts
6 = 100pts
7 = 30pts

Patriots - 7


Contest #4
Who will be in the lead at half time?
Panthers or Patriots? 25pts

Patriots


Contest #5
Will the team that scores first win the Super Bowl?
50pts

No

Contest #6
Who will win?
Panthers or Patriots?
25 pts

Panthers


Contest #7
If you made the correct guess for all of them you get 300 points! [/B][/QUOTE]

Cool!

Jimmie
02-01-2004, 05:18 PM
#1 - Patriots
#2 - 6 (touchdown is 6, extra point is technically another score)
#3 - Patriots, 6
#4 - Patriots
#5 - No
#6 - Panthers

a touchdown is worth 6. u have 7 as an option, does that mean were also guessing whether or not they make the field goal?

asuna
02-01-2004, 05:19 PM
Contest #1
Who will score first? Panthers or Patriots? worth 15 points.

Panthers

Contest #2
How many points will the first score be?
2 = 100pts
3 = 20pts
6 = 50pts
7 = 15pts

7points

Contest #3
Who will score fist and how many points will they get for the score?
2 = 200pts
3 = 40pts
6 = 100pts
7 = 30pts

Panthers, 7 points

Contest #4
Who will be in the lead at half time?
Panthers or Patriots? 25pts


Patriots

Contest #5
Will the team that scores first win the Super Bowl?
50pts

No

Contest #6
Who will win?
Panthers or Patriots?
25 pts

patriots

baddog
02-01-2004, 05:24 PM
ummm, it is impossible for the first score to be 7

AbulletAway
02-01-2004, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by baddog
ummm, it is impossible for the first score to be 7


Shhh! That's my out so I don't have to give out the 300 points. :rolleyes:

madabad
02-01-2004, 05:28 PM
Contest #1
Who will score first? Panthers or Patriots? worth 15 points.

Patriots

Contest #2
How many points will the first score be?
2 = 100pts
3 = 20pts
6 = 50pts
7 = 15pts


6
Contest #3
Who will score fist and how many points will they get for the score?
2 = 200pts
3 = 40pts
6 = 100pts
7 = 30pts
Patriots 6

Contest #4
Who will be in the lead at half time?
Panthers or Patriots? 25pts

Patriots


Contest #5
Will the team that scores first win the Super Bowl?
50pts

yes

Contest #6
Who will win?
Panthers or Patriots?
25 pts

Patriots

The Cocuficator
02-01-2004, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by baddog
ummm, it is impossible for the first score to be 7

Well I think it's the score before they switch from offense to defense..so the field goal is include..

TexasDreams
02-01-2004, 05:31 PM
Contest #1 - Patriots
Contest #2 - 6 points (the first TD score is 6, extra point kick would be second score technically)
Contest #3 - Patriots with 6
Contest #4 - Patriots
Contest #5 - Yes
Contest #6 - Patriots

:beer:

baddog
02-01-2004, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by The Cocuficator
Well I think it's the score before they switch from offense to defense..so the field goal is include..

the field goal?

Jimmie
02-01-2004, 05:50 PM
glad to see im not the only one who says a trouchdown is 6, the extra point is another score in itself.

AbulletAway
02-01-2004, 05:58 PM
I should make another contest for the anal retentive people :)

Dolleyes
02-01-2004, 06:02 PM
OK OK.....your right it's 6 and then another score on the extra point.....LOL

leave it to the men to point that out;-) Although some of them posted the 7, hehehe

GO PATRIOTS!!!

The Cocuficator
02-01-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by baddog
the field goal?

the 1pont kicked convert, sorry!

the field goal is 3 pts..

anamorphosis
02-01-2004, 07:21 PM
I don't know much at football... but I take a guess :D

#1 Panthers
#2 6
#3 Panthers - 6
#4 Patriots
#5 no
#6 Patriots

Enjoy the game everyone !

:beer:

porncargo
02-01-2004, 07:33 PM
Contest #1 Panthers
Contest #2 6
Contest #3 Panthers - 6 points
Contest #4 Patriots
Contest #5 No
Contest #6 Patriots

Unregistered
02-01-2004, 07:48 PM
Contest #1
Who will score first? Panthers or Patriots?
Patriots


Contest #2
How many points will the first score be?
6


Contest #3
Who will score fist and how many points will they get for the score?
Patriots
6


Contest #4
Who will be in the lead at half time?
Panthers or Patriots?
Patriots




Contest #5
Will the team that scores first win the Super Bowl?
Yes



Contest #6
Who will win?
Panthers or Patriots?
Patriots



Contest #7
If you made the correct guess for all of them you get 300 points!
Yes

AbulletAway
02-01-2004, 07:50 PM
Ok, time is up. No more bets/guesses after this post. Good luck everyone :)

porncargo
02-01-2004, 07:56 PM
cool, looks like i got in in time..

AbulletAway
02-01-2004, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by porncargo
cool, looks like i got in in time..


LOL Ya that was close :) Good luck. But so far, I'm starting to think that no is gonna score? I should have a draw option in there lol

asuna
02-01-2004, 08:14 PM
post the stats in real time!

porncargo
02-01-2004, 08:24 PM
did the game start yet?

AbulletAway
02-01-2004, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by porncargo
did the game start yet?

When I got the email, the game had started. But I tend to get emails about 5 to 10 mins after someone posts so I don't think it had when you posted.

AbulletAway
02-01-2004, 08:43 PM
Still no score WTF?

The Cocuficator
02-01-2004, 08:52 PM
7-0 Pats

The Cocuficator
02-01-2004, 08:54 PM
So if AbulletAway include the kicked convert in the first score (that's what I think anyway).. I got my first 3 contest! Yeah!

porncargo
02-01-2004, 08:59 PM
:(

AbulletAway
02-01-2004, 09:18 PM
Touch down and xtra point!!!! Whoohoo!

Winners so far are...

Contest 1, 2 & 3:

mailman: 15pts
Dolleyes: 15 + 15 + 30
Mr. Mojo Risin: 15 + 15 + 30
Kush: 15 + 15 + 30
The Cocuficator: 15 + 15 + 30
Jimmie: 15 + 15 + 30 *(See notes below)
asuna: 0 :(
madabad: 15
anamorphosis: 15
TexasDreams: 15 + 15 + 30 * (See notes below)
porncargo: 0
Unregistered: 15

If I left you out or made an error in the tabulations let me know and I'll go over it again. I'm trying to do this and watch the game at the same time :)


*Change of possesion determines the points. This isn't Bill Clinton asking the for the definition of the word "is" people it's a football game. If you score a touchdown, you always get the chance for the extra point. This also isn't the NFL it's a contest that I made up. Lets not get anal about this. I wouldn't have made 7 points an option if I wasn't counting as the first score.

*Those who said 6 points will be the first score I'm going to give you same points as those who guessed 7. I should have responded to those who made mention in their post that questioned the 6 points options.

AbulletAway
02-01-2004, 09:19 PM
Shit I just finished that and now it's time for half time stats. :( BRB

The Cocuficator
02-01-2004, 09:21 PM
Add an extra 25 pts for me!! Pats lead!!!: ) I'm so good!! And I know nothing about the NFL football! LOL

The Cocuficator
02-01-2004, 09:24 PM
And now I must say! Go Panthers Go!! And I win all the contests! :) hehehe

AbulletAway
02-01-2004, 09:33 PM
Contest #4

....................................Totals:
mailman: 25pts............. 40pts
Dolleyes: 25pts............ 85pts
Mr. Mojo Risin: 25pts.... 85pts
Kush: 25pts................. 85pts
The Cocuficator: 25pts. 85pts
Jimmie: 25pts............... 85ptspts
asuna: 25pts............... 25pts
madabad: 25pts.......... 40pts
anamorphosis: 25pts... 40pts
TexasDreams: 25pts... 85pts
porncargo: 25pts........ 25pts
Unregistered: 25pts.... 40pts

Dolleyes
02-01-2004, 09:44 PM
Yeahhhhhhhh Babeeee, Go Patriots!!!! Damn good half time show too. And yeahhh To Justin for Pulling Janet Jacksons Tit out, LOL

AbulletAway
02-01-2004, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Dolleyes
Yeahhhhhhhh Babeeee, Go Patriots!!!! Damn good half time show too. And yeahhh To Justin for Pulling Janet Jacksons Tit out, LOL


Ya I'm waiting for someone to post a screen cap of that. I missed the boobie cause I was calculating the scores:( :help:

Dolleyes
02-01-2004, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by AbulletAway
Ya I'm waiting for someone to post a screen cap of that. I missed the boobie cause I was calculating the scores:( :help:

It was so quick that you couldn't even see but it was slow enough to know he done it, If that tells ya anything, lol

AbulletAway
02-01-2004, 10:02 PM
That does help but I know somewhere there's gonna be a pic of that floating around lol

The Cocuficator
02-01-2004, 10:18 PM
Asuna score is not right! He lost contest 1 and 3:)

Dolleyes
02-01-2004, 10:28 PM
Here ya go, I wenta Scouting round and found this one AbulletAway

AbulletAway
02-01-2004, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Dolleyes
Here ya go, I wenta Scouting round and found this one AbulletAway

HA! I knew there'd be one lol. That is so cool! Thank you :D

anamorphosis
02-01-2004, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Dolleyes
Here ya go, I wenta Scouting round and found this one AbulletAway

Woohoo !! I want to see more :D

Mr. Goat
02-01-2004, 10:33 PM
she had tape over her tit though... nothing special!

Dolleyes
02-01-2004, 10:36 PM
I wish I could see it clearer, My monitor is faded, so all my colors are Real dark.

Some kind of power serge within my electric meter I think. Not real sure, all the monitors and the T.V.s are all like that, So I guess it's time for an electrician.

But I did save it so when I get this fixed I'll still be able to see it clearer;-)

And your welcome :D

madabad
02-01-2004, 10:40 PM
a boobie is a boobie :D

Dolleyes
02-01-2004, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by madabad
a boobie is a boobie :D

:lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

AbulletAway
02-01-2004, 10:43 PM
:D
http://drudgereport.com/mattjj.htm

Dolleyes
02-01-2004, 10:48 PM
OMG.....Interception...................DAMN

virux
02-01-2004, 11:01 PM
Contest #5
Will the team that scores first win the Super Bowl?
YES.


Contest #6
Who will win?
Panthers or Patriots?
Panthers :D

AbulletAway
02-01-2004, 11:09 PM
Damn this game is getting good.

Dolleyes
02-01-2004, 11:17 PM
And New England is Back in control, Now if only they can hold em

2:00 warning

Dolleyes
02-01-2004, 11:19 PM
a touchdown and a 2 point conversion will tie it up....hmmmmmm

Dolleyes
02-01-2004, 11:22 PM
oops my bad...Tie up!! Damnnnnnnnnnn

AbulletAway
02-01-2004, 11:31 PM
I can't imagine the presure. It's all tied and afield goal wins it and you're the kicker. Damn.

AbulletAway
02-01-2004, 11:32 PM
Whoohooo!!! Patriots Win!

Dolleyes
02-01-2004, 11:33 PM
Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh Babeeeeeeeeeeeee, Patriots Win It!!!

Hot Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Mr. Mojo Risin
02-01-2004, 11:38 PM
great game except for the 1st quarter!

madabad
02-01-2004, 11:38 PM
:bounce: :beer: :bounce:

Mr. Mojo Risin
02-01-2004, 11:39 PM
looks like I won it all? :)

AbulletAway
02-02-2004, 12:00 AM
Final Results!!!

mailman: ............................. 25pts
Dolleyes: ..............................410pts
Mr. Mojo Risin: .....................410pts
Kush: ...................................410pts
The Cocuficator: ...................85pts
Jimmie: 25pts....................... 85ptspts
asuna: .................................65pts
madabad: ............................75pts
anamorphosis: ....................65pts
TexasDreams: .....................160pts
porncargo: ...........................50pts
Unregistered: ......................115pts


Please go through your own totals. IF you disagree, let me know and I will double check them and correct them or explain the results if they are accurate.

Congratulations to you all!

Mr. Mojo Risin
02-02-2004, 12:08 AM
cool... thanks!

Dolleyes
02-02-2004, 12:09 AM
Woooo Hoooo, Thanks AbulletAway, Was a cool contest!!

Yipppyyyyy I never win anything!!

madabad
02-02-2004, 12:11 AM
I count 115. :)

asuna
02-02-2004, 12:18 AM
woot woot! i just guessed!

AbulletAway
02-02-2004, 12:23 AM
I'm having a dilemma and am discussing it now. But here's my dilemma.

Since people are bringing up the issue that the first score, if a touchdown is "Technically 6 points" Than that makes it impossible for anyone to be right with guessing 7 points. The whole point to offer six or seven points was to give everyone a chance at extra points if you choose 6 and they missed the extra point. But some people seem to have COMPLETELY missed the point. And in my opinion, it I made the contest, and I added 7 as an option for the first point that should make it obvious that 7 is considered a first point option.

I gave everyone who picked 6 as the first score, points as if they had guessed 7. As long as they mentioned that they picked 6 points because it was the first points and the extra point was not included. I think that's fair enough. But, if I gave them the points as if they guessed 7 than maybe I should give them the 300 if they get everything else right?

It's giving me a headache.

Next time I do a contest I will be anal with the rules so people can’t come back with all the “technical” shit that doesn’t even apply because I made the rules. What the NFL considers for a game as the first points and what I do for a contest are obviously gonna be different.

Maybe we should give everyone a real doll and call it even :D

AbulletAway
02-02-2004, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by madabad
I count 115. :)


Contest #1
Who will score first? Panthers or Patriots? worth 15 points.

Patriots 15pts

Contest #2
How many points will the first score be?
2 = 100pts
3 = 20pts
6 = 50pts
7 = 15pts


6 0 points

Contest #3
Who will score fist and how many points will they get for the score?
2 = 200pts
3 = 40pts
6 = 100pts
7 = 30pts
Patriots 6 0

Contest #4
Who will be in the lead at half time?
Panthers or Patriots? 25pts

Patriots 25pts


Contest #5
Will the team that scores first win the Super Bowl?
50pts

yes 50pts

Contest #6
Who will win?
Panthers or Patriots?
25 pts

Patriots 25 pts

TOTAL........................................ 115 You are correct :D

Dolleyes
02-02-2004, 12:32 AM
Hmmm ...I always thought of the points as 7...But if people are being technical, then, hmmmm

Why do people have to be technical? lol

I guess people have to prove there right, lol

IT's yoru contest sweetie, You decide, either way is cool, I'm just happy I got free points because I never win anything;-)

TexasDreams
02-02-2004, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by AbulletAway
Maybe we should give everyone a real doll and call it even :D

ABSOTIVELY!!!

:god: :woot: :god:

AbulletAway
02-02-2004, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by Dolleyes
Hmmm ...I always thought of the points as 7...But if people are being technical, then, hmmmm

Why do people have to be technical? lol

I guess people have to prove there right, lol

IT's yoru contest sweetie, You decide, either way is cool, I'm just happy I got free points because I never win anything;-)


Thank you.

I just wanted everyone to have a good time and make it easy to pick up a few extra points. I just didn't think so many were gonna go with the Patriots. Damn! I wouldn't won much if I played. I would have bet on all the long shots to cash in big and would lost most of them lol

madabad
02-02-2004, 12:49 AM
Thank you much Mr. Mod, Sir! :D

AbulletAway
02-02-2004, 12:51 AM
:D YW

AbulletAway
02-02-2004, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Mojo Risin
cool... thanks!


It was my pleasure. :)

Kush
02-02-2004, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by AbulletAway
I'm having a dilemma and am discussing it now. But here's my dilemma.

Since people are bringing up the issue that the first score, if a touchdown is "Technically 6 points" Than that makes it impossible for anyone to be right with guessing 7 points. The whole point to offer six or seven points was to give everyone a chance at extra points if you choose 6 and they missed the extra point. But some people seem to have COMPLETELY missed the point. And in my opinion, it I made the contest, and I added 7 as an option for the first point that should make it obvious that 7 is considered a first point option.

I gave everyone who picked 6 as the first score, points as if they had guessed 7. As long as they mentioned that they picked 6 points because it was the first points and the extra point was not included. I think that's fair enough. But, if I gave them the points as if they guessed 7 than maybe I should give them the 300 if they get everything else right?

It's giving me a headache.

Next time I do a contest I will be anal with the rules so people can’t come back with all the “technical” shit that doesn’t even apply because I made the rules. What the NFL considers for a game as the first points and what I do for a contest are obviously gonna be different.

Maybe we should give everyone a real doll and call it even :D

I knew with the 7 option that you meant touchdown + extra point. There's no way you'd give us a "trick answer"
But, having said that, I think some people geniunely did screw up and put 6 down b/c they wanted to be technical.

If i were I'd just give those people the extra points too, it's not a big enough deal to make a scene over.

sexytgp
02-02-2004, 01:32 AM
that is funny

TexasDreams
02-02-2004, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by Kush
If i were I'd just give those people the extra points too, it's not a big enough deal to make a scene over.

Huh??? You mean we can earn points for things??

Shi-ite Muslim, I should pay closer attention to things.

:rolleyes: :( :rolleyes: :(

Mr. Goat
02-02-2004, 01:36 AM
god damn thats a lot of points...! im adding them all now..

Mr. Goat
02-02-2004, 01:43 AM
there all points have been added! :)

AbulletAway
02-02-2004, 01:47 AM
Thanks mailman. :)

Dolleyes
02-02-2004, 01:55 AM
Woo Hoo, Thanks mailman, It was a fun contest!

All this playing has made me tired and hungry, lol

Night everyone!

Mr. Goat
02-02-2004, 02:00 AM
adios.. i do hope everyone had fun!

Fluid
02-02-2004, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by AbulletAway
Since its Super Bowl Sunday and I've seen lots of contest asking to pick the winner, what the score will be and all that. Those are great but I want everyone to have a chance to win. I want more than one winner today. I also want it to be simple so even if you don't know much about the game you can still get some easy points and have some fun.


Contest #1
Who will score first? Panthers or Patriots? worth 15 points.



Contest #2
How many points will the first score be?
2 = 100pts
3 = 20pts
6 = 50pts
7 = 15pts



Contest #3
Who will score fist and how many points will they get for the score?
2 = 200pts
3 = 40pts
6 = 100pts
7 = 30pts


Contest #4
Who will be in the lead at half time?
Panthers or Patriots? 25pts




Contest #5
Will the team that scores first win the Super Bowl?
50pts



Contest #6
Who will win?
Panthers or Patriots?
25 pts



Contest #7
If you made the correct guess for all of them you get 300 points!


suppose it's too late to guess huh?

AbulletAway
02-02-2004, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by Fluid
suppose it's too late to guess huh?


Look at it as just being early for the next contest :)

anamorphosis
02-02-2004, 04:59 AM
Woohooooo ! Many thanks :)
Now I know that I know football :D

porncargo
02-02-2004, 05:02 AM
thanks for the contest.

it was fun consdering i don't know a shit about american football.
next time i should stick with what everyone else said and not try to guess :D