PDA

View Full Version : Someone is making Elli sad

Elli
01-27-2004, 02:48 AM
Google search results for "ElliNude" (http://www.google.ca/search?sourceid=mozclient&q=ElliNude)

As you can see from the link, someone is using my "ElliNude" logo as a metatag for his own pages which don't have anything to do with me, thereby diluting my own results on Google.

Is there anything I can do to find out who it is and to get him to stop? He has at least 15 pages in there on different domains, but they all redirect from what I can tell.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Fluid
01-27-2004, 03:17 AM
report him to google
or email his host and ask nicely if they'll remove the offensive meta tags that infringe apon your copyright.

Kush
01-27-2004, 03:30 AM
Fluid I disagree heavily with your [EDIT - with the method of the post that you just deleted] that is not the best way to handle this. The last thing anybody wants in this industry is an enemy, even if they are doing you wrong.

Here is what I would do if I were you Elli
(this guy is using some pretty shitty methods to get some traffic on some terms that I am also competiting for [in an honest fashion], so I feel for you personally with this):

Contact them directly via email, phone, fax, or even snail mail if need-be.
The domains are all registerd to the same person/company

Registrant:
CSN International Inc.
Copthall, P.O. Box 2331
Roseau, Dominica WI
DM
1-866-831-4119
Fax:1-866-831-4119

Domain Name: ADULT-PAYSITE-REVIEWS.COM

Administrative Contact:
Inc., CSN International CSNinternationalinc@hotmail.com
Copthall, P.O. Box 2331
Roseau, Dominica WI
DM
1-866-831-4119
Fax:1-866-831-4119

And I would do 1 of two things after you explain who you are and why you are upset with what he is doing:

1) Ask him nicely to remove all of this ElliNude text that he put there so he could just get what is essentially "your" SE traffic.

or 2) Ask him to add your links to all of those pages because you, after all, is what the surfer is looking for (not to be redirected to one of his sites)

Perhaps if he ads you to the pages, and likes the results, he will promote you elsewhere. But always try the direct, nice approach first.

If that doesn't work, put pressure on his host to make the changes.

hope this helps,
Kush

Fluid
01-27-2004, 03:34 AM
none of that is going to work. His host won't pull it cause it's not trademarked. It's not like content that is clear cut.
This is dirty pool for sure, not illegal though..just very grey area.

Kush
01-27-2004, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by Fluid
none of that is going to work. His host won't pull it cause it's not trademarked. It's not like content that is clear cut.
This is dirty pool for sure, not illegal though..just very grey area.

You don't know if it won't work.

You can't just assume that someone won't comply to your requst just because it's the right thing to do.

It's not illegal, but if this guy has any decency or cares anything about his reputation, he's not going to want trouble by essentially saying "fuck off" to sweet amateur girl trying to make a living.

It's almost always better to try the "nice " way of doing things first before resorting to the "not-so-nice" way of doing things.

And this is certainly one of those cases where you want to be nice first.

Fluid
01-27-2004, 03:44 AM
umm..he and his host are in the west indies.
as in, no copyright, no spam laws, no means of enforcing any compliance. So ya..99% of the complaints I've ever heard of over there go on death ears. If you get an auto responce, you're lucky. Only place worse is india for getting spammers shut down (search engine or other.)

oh..and as far as any of that contact info for the spammer, it's fake.

Kush
01-27-2004, 03:54 AM
Listen man.... I'm not going to argue with you.

But again you are assuming just because a guy hosts in a certain place where there aren't copyright laws that he just doesn't give a fuck about other people's property or their work. That's like saying someone is a drug drealer just because he is black.

It takes only a few moments to send someone an email, call a phone number, or send off a letter. Much less time than using your devious methods to try to get even with somebody. And you never know what good might come from a bad situation - IF you handle it correctly.

Mr. Goat
01-27-2004, 03:54 AM
umm..he and his host are in the west indies.
as in, no copyright, no spam laws, no means of enforcing any compliance. So ya..99% of the complaints I've ever heard of over there go on death ears. If you get an auto responce, you're lucky. Only place worse is india for getting spammers shut down (search engine or other.)

oh..and as far as any of that contact info for the spammer, it's fake.

then we hire a H @ c l< 0 r

:cool:

Fluid
01-27-2004, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by Kush
Listen man.... I'm not going to argue with you.

But again you are assuming just because a guy hosts in a certain place where there aren't copyright laws that he just doesn't give a fuck about other people's property or their work. That's like saying someone is a drug drealer just because he is black.

It takes only a few moments to send someone an email, call a phone number, or send off a letter. Much less time than using your devious methods to try to get even with somebody. And you never know what good might come from a bad situation - IF you handle it correctly.

no, silly me, I assumed since the contact info is all fake (including email) it would be prolly a waste of time calling and emailing him. Silly assumption, emailing him will make the world of difference.

I think the rose color tinting on those glasses is WAY too dark, cause you're just missing things big time.

Now.. FYI. I've emailed that particular host before about email spam and was told to fuck off basically. Second, the webmaster's info is all faked. Elli already emailed with no response. Third..are you going to convince a guy that makes his living cheating google to change his ways? Is he a spammer with a heart of gold or something? He is deliberately submitting and then cloaking or redirecting his pages after all, why would he change? His host and sponsors don't care, and I don't think he gives a shit if we like him.

And this isn't getting even, this is getting Elli back the traffic that she rightfully deserves.

Fluid
01-27-2004, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by mailman
then we hire a H @ c l< 0 r

:cool:

I'll tell ya in icq what I suggested.

Kush
01-27-2004, 04:23 AM
no, silly me, I assumed since the contact info is all fake (including email) it would be prolly a waste of time calling and emailing him. Silly assumption, emailing him will make the world of difference.

I think the rose color tinting on those glasses is WAY too dark, cause you're just missing things big time.

Now.. FYI. I've emailed that particular host before about email spam and was told to fuck off basically. Second, the webmaster's info is all faked. Elli already emailed with no response. Third..are you going to convince a guy that makes his living cheating google to change his ways? Is he a spammer with a heart of gold or something? He is deliberately submitting and then cloaking or redirecting his pages after all, why would he change? His host and sponsors don't care, and I don't think he gives a shit if we like him.

And this isn't getting even, this is getting Elli back the traffic that she rightfully deserves.

If this guy has been emailed before and sent a "fuck off" reply back or if his stuff is all fake, then that's a different story.

But Elli didn't say that she previously tried contacting him, nor did you mention anything specific in this thread about this guy before you decided to go bashing me in your posts.

Congrats on winning the asshole of the week award.

Elli
01-27-2004, 04:29 AM
Thanks for all your help, everyone! yes, my appeal to decency fell on deaf ears, and he is using rather unscrupulous methods to rip me off, so I feel fewer qualms than normal about being dastardly to him in return. The traffic isn't as much a sticking point with me as the fraudulent use of my trademark. Grrrr.

Thanks for the sympathy, everyone! I am doing what I can now :)

Fluid
01-27-2004, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Kush
If this guy has been emailed before and sent a "fuck off" reply back or if his stuff is all fake, then that's a different story.

But Elli didn't say that she previously tried contacting him, nor did you mention anything specific in this thread about this guy before you decided to go bashing me in your posts.

Congrats on winning the asshole of the week award.

actually if you'd bothered reading my posts you'd notice where I replied that his info is fake earlier, your reply was to play nice and email the fake address.

I think you can keep the asshole of the week award, it'll look good right next to the moron of the month award that I think you'll be taking home as well.