PDA

View Full Version : I'm still not sure about COD 4...

AbulletAway
11-24-2007, 01:30 PM
Ok, about a week ago I ranted about how bad I thought the new Call of Duty was. At that time I had finished the solo campaign and had played online for about an hour.

I hadn't played it since then until about two days ago. I gave it another chance. I am still not sure about it. It has a lot of really cool features but, to me I think it's still lost something. It's gone from one of the best if not the best shooter game to something so flashy and pretty that I think most people are blinded by it. It's like all those teen movies about some guy who has this crush on the hottest girl in school while his best friend is actually a really cute girl that he is just too blind to see is the right girl for him.

COD 4 seems to lack any control over time. Game session seem to be based on total score so there's no more balls to wall the hour long 1000 point games. Nope, most games now average about 10 minutes. Just about the length of time it takes to get in to the game and then it stops and you are taken to another map. Now, the host can choose maps and players can vote to veto the next map and I like that. But, I just can't get past how frustrating it is when all I want to do is find a good a game and start shooting the shit out of people. When I have an hour or two to play I don't want to spend 5 minutes, every 10 minutes just waiting for the next fucking game to start.

Now, I do like some of the weapons I have been able to unlock so far. And, it is nice to keep your rank and options once you've acquired them. But, when you get right down to it, that's all COD 4 offers. You get some neat weapon options and you keep your rank. Those are nice but it's a shooter game, shouldn't the main focus be about actually spending time shooting things? It's nice to have all the toys but you just don't have enough time to use them all.

I will continue to play COD 4 but so far I have to say my original opinion stands, overall itís nothing more than a big titted blonde with no brains. Its fun to look at but in the end, I'd much rather have a woman with a brain first and average body than the stereo typical big tit, no brain, blonde.

jact
11-24-2007, 01:36 PM
Forget the private matches and move into public, the action's much faster paced and depending on the game mode some games can last 20-30 minutes. I hated the game at first but I've discovered the hidden gems.

JerseyGTO
11-24-2007, 01:42 PM
I hated the game at first but I've discovered the hidden gems.Yea the same with me one of my brothers has it an I went over there I really didn't wanna play it to much....A few shots later I decided to screw around with it an friggin played till 5 in the morning the more I discovered the more I kept going

AbulletAway
11-24-2007, 01:44 PM
Forget the private matches and move into public, the action's much faster paced and depending on the game mode some games can last 20-30 minutes. I hated the game at first but I've discovered the hidden gems.

True I guess some of those games can last longer. It's just the lack of control I don't like. There's no reason why they couldn't have let you choose a number of kills and lenght of a game. It's just another way the man tries to keep us down.

MP
11-24-2007, 01:44 PM
True I guess some of those games can last longer. It's just the lack of control I don't like. There's no reason why they couldn't have let you choose a number of kills and lenght of a game. It's just another way the man tries to keep us down.

Hmm I think there is a way to change that?

AbulletAway
11-24-2007, 01:47 PM
Hmm I think there is a way to change that?

Well I was in a game last night that went up to a 1000 points and that gave me hope. But since I haven't seen it happen since I figured it was just a glitch in the Matrix.

KRM
11-24-2007, 02:19 PM
I love the game, The Beta was fun but they really pulled it together for the final version. Can't wait to really get into the single player mode and learn the maps in multi so I can really take my mass killing spree skills to the next level:)

kaz
11-24-2007, 04:07 PM
Poor Bullet, he has a hard life :)

jact
11-24-2007, 04:48 PM

Public games are basically ranked matches, and as in COD3, you didn't have control of those either. If you have ground war give it a try, 18 player matches are usually more fun.

LadyMischief
11-24-2007, 05:12 PM

I've had some of those games go until the timer runs out, they are more intense and faster-paced too. I really enjoy it.

LadyMischief
11-24-2007, 05:13 PM
I love the game, The Beta was fun but they really pulled it together for the final version. Can't wait to really get into the single player mode and learn the maps in multi so I can really take my mass killing spree skills to the next level:)

Single player will only take you about three hours dude. ;)