PDA

View Full Version : damn ""family"" functions!

Mr. Goat
06-10-2007, 11:36 AM
Have a family function today... tried to get out of it but its not looking good! Damn I hate these things :( rather be home working or playing video games.. lol

XxXotic
06-10-2007, 11:38 AM
family is everything!

яochard
06-10-2007, 12:26 PM
I kicked my entire family out for the next week.

PMC
06-10-2007, 12:40 PM
it sounds cruel but sometimes i wish i lived FAR away from family, i hate how they get mad you don't take time to appease them, i work like 12hours a da, my wife works opposite shifts, try to keep house clean, get kids fed and outside, i just don't have time to be visiting every aunt and uncle.

Mr. Goat
06-10-2007, 12:43 PM
it sounds cruel but sometimes i wish i lived FAR away from family, i hate how they get mad you don't take time to appease them, i work like 12hours a da, my wife works opposite shits, try to keep house clean, get kids fed and outside, i just don't have time to be visiting every aunt and uncle.

Yep... So many times I have thought about just moving across country just for the fun of it and just leave everyone behind :) But I do have some family I would MISS i guess you could say... But the rest.. pffffft who cares.. :lol1:

maxkit
06-10-2007, 03:53 PM
Hheyey man, family is always not a really easy thing ;) So that's what you've choosed yourself and now you need to do anything for prosperity at your home ;)

fuzz_bubble
06-10-2007, 04:07 PM
family is everything!

I agree with you XxXotic-family is everything !

Panky
06-10-2007, 04:07 PM
Moving away from family does have its advantages, but its not all it is cracked up to be either. There are times I really do miss my family even though I am only an 8 hour drive away. When I come home, it is not a vacation. I travel home for either Thanksgiving or Christmas. My parents sometimes come here in the spring or if they can't I might come home, but for the most part, I only see my family and friends about 1-2 times a year. All that lost time, then gets crammed into 7-10 days.

I actually talk to my family more now that I'm away then I did when I lived within a half hour away from all of the family. What I miss most is not being able to spend a whole lot of time with my 3 year old nephew and watch him grow up. That and my 95 year old grandma who I'm close to.

kdoublei
06-10-2007, 06:13 PM
i love my family but i wish i was back in MN too

Honey
06-11-2007, 01:57 AM
I kicked my entire family out for the next week.

What will be your plans then:bax:

TBrown
06-11-2007, 05:44 AM
I was on my mom's birthday party this saturday... it was so fuckin boring :(

Seven888
06-11-2007, 06:18 AM
I usually have fun in my family gatherings. :)

Sarah_MaxCash
06-11-2007, 07:53 AM
I used to hate them too but now that I live so far away and rarely get to see family I have learned to enjoy them when I get to go to one.

Angel
06-11-2007, 04:44 PM
I used to hate them too but now that I live so far away and rarely get to see family I have learned to enjoy them when I get to go to one.

Same here, all of my extended family barring one uncle is still back in the UK and it kills me not seeing them. My immediate family is a 14 hr drive from here so I don't get to see them often either. You miss them when you can't be near them but after a week or so of being under each others feet it definately starts to drive you crazy.

XxXotic
06-11-2007, 04:48 PM
Same here, all of my extended family barring one uncle is still back in the UK and it kills me not seeing them. My immediate family is a 14 hr drive from here so I don't get to see them often either. You miss them when you can't be near them but after a week or so of being under each others feet it definately starts to drive you crazy.I see my mom once a year usually, she's 1600 miles away and i usually go up there or she'll come down for a week. I love my mother to death but after 48 hours of being around her i'm ready to choke the life outta her :lol1:

Sarah_MaxCash
06-12-2007, 07:54 AM
I see my mom once a year usually, she's 1600 miles away and i usually go up there or she'll come down for a week. I love my mother to death but after 48 hours of being around her i'm ready to choke the life outta her :lol1:

I used to be the same way but a far distance improved our relationship. One thing I think you will learn when you are in Japan is that things suddenly become much different when you physically can't drive to them and you have to buy a flight to get to them. Especially if there is a family emergency..both times I had a grandfather die the funerals and stuff had to be worked around how many days it would take me to get home.