PDA

View Full Version : How many sponsors per blog?

msacras
04-24-2007, 12:12 PM
I've done blogs that are focused around one site or solo girl. I've done blogs with basically unlimited sponsors when I post about whatever comes to mind. Just curious what everyone else does?

DarkWeb
04-24-2007, 01:13 PM
I'm setting one up now for the first time and it will all go to one sponsor, for now.

FisHY
04-25-2007, 11:52 AM
I keep it around 4-5 or more sponsor per blog to give something different to the surfers.

Cucumber
04-25-2007, 12:14 PM
I tend to make it one site per blog :D

itto
04-25-2007, 05:34 PM
when i started with blogs, i pushed like.. 5 or 6 sponsors on a single blog - didn't bring in any money at all. ..got me some bookmarkers but shitty conversions.

when you focus on only one sponsor the equation is simple: more uniques per day to the tour equals more signups. ..i'm using a multi-site offer, so i can promote the same site on blogs targeting different niches.

oh, and i use a simple textlink somewhere as well, promoting a dating site. (fling does pretty good in blogs), so that actually makes it two sponsors per blog ;)

kdoublei
04-25-2007, 09:23 PM
i use as many different sponsors that matches my blogs themes. been thinking on trying one focusing on 2 or 3 sponsors

Ramp
04-26-2007, 05:07 AM
few affiliate programs content per blog :)

SykkBoy
05-03-2007, 12:38 PM
It depends. Are you just filling the blog with sponsor banners and your own entries regarding the sponor or are you using RSS feeds? Or a combination?

I would suggest developing a couple niche blogs featuriong a different niche and only use 2-3 sponsors per blog. If one isn't doing so well, rotate them out with another and so on.

You don't want to give them too many options either or they will feel overwhelmed with choices. If you focus on 2-3 and really push those sponsors hard, you'll see better results than trying to cram as many spnsors as you can into one blog.

Kappi
05-04-2007, 07:44 AM
when you focus on only one sponsor the equation is simple: more uniques per day to the tour equals more signups. ..
hmm strange... when I send 1000 to one sponsor in 1 day or 200 hits to 5 sponsors in one day the first will get me more signups in the long day? don't think so.

On topic: Do you mean sponsors or different sites Msacras?

Kappi
05-04-2007, 07:47 AM
I would suggest developing a couple niche blogs featuriong a different niche and only use 2-3 sponsors per blog. If one isn't doing so well, rotate them out with another and so on.

You don't want to give them too many options either or they will feel overwhelmed with choices. If you focus on 2-3 and really push those sponsors hard, you'll see better results than trying to cram as many spnsors as you can into one blog.
So true. I always promote 3-5 sites similar sites on a blog not too much and enough to give the surfer some choice. You don't want him to leave when he finds out that all your out links are going to one site that he doesn't like.

msacras
05-04-2007, 10:34 AM
I was thinking different sponsors because most of the time the niches i promote the sponsor will only have one site in that niche