PDA

View Full Version : WTF is wrong with my jaw?

PMC
04-24-2007, 07:48 AM
so i was eating lunch yesterday and all of a sudden i took a bite and got a pain in my left ear or the jaw, now whenever i press my teeth together on the left side i get a sharp pain in my left ear (I think its my jaw). hurts to eat and stuff, have to slowly chew on the right side. I have had it happen before but it usually only lasts a few minutes, i'm on almost 24 hours now, doesn't hurt if i don't close my teeth together.

so what the hell is it?

PurrsianPussyKat
04-24-2007, 09:01 AM
TMJ?

JizzMonkey
04-24-2007, 09:11 AM
Temporo-Mandibular Joint (TMJ) - When you bite down hard, you put force on the object between your teeth and on the joint. In terms of physics, the jaw is the lever and the TMJ is the fulcrum. Actually, more force is applied (per square foot) to the joint surface than to whatever is between your teeth. To accommodate such forces and to prevent too much wear and tear, the cartilage between the mandible and skull normally provides a smooth surface, over which the joint can freely slide with minimal friction.

Therefore, the forces of chewing can be distributed over a wider surface in the joint space and minimize the risk of injury. In addition, several muscles contribute to opening and closing the jaw and aid in the function of the TMJ.

Symptoms:

* Ear pain
* Sore jaw muscles
* Temple/cheek pain
* Jaw popping/clicking
* Locking of the jaw
* Difficulty in opening the mouth fully
* Frequent head/neck aches

XxXotic
04-24-2007, 09:57 AM
if it's TMJ... all I can say is good luck. I just had the surgery to fix that shit about a month ago and I'm still all out of whack :( I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy

Mr. Goat
04-24-2007, 10:08 AM
TMJ?

I thought TMC (Too Much Cock) :xclusive:

Mr. Goat
04-24-2007, 10:09 AM
Either way sounds painful :( hope all gets better!

PurrsianPussyKat
04-24-2007, 10:11 AM
I thought TMC (Too Much Cock) :xclusive:

That would have been my answer if xclusive was asking! :xclusive:

maxkit
04-24-2007, 12:44 PM
Oohh man, sorry about that! You should go to your dentist if you still seems pain! Maybe it's something with your dental nerv?

PMC
04-24-2007, 07:52 PM
seems to be better today, i can still feel it bu its more of a discomfort now then actual pain.

maxkit
04-25-2007, 01:13 PM
Oohh man, it's great that you feel much better! But what about dentist help?

FisHY
04-25-2007, 01:23 PM
I think you chew 'ME' too hard....btw miss ya! havent talked to you in ages!

Th!nk
04-25-2007, 03:12 PM
man that sucks...you better go to a doctor now!