PDA

View Full Version : Windows XP back on Dell Systems

PurrsianPussyKat
04-20-2007, 09:16 PM
Back by popular demand: Windows XP.

PC maker Dell Inc. said on its Web site Thursday it will once again let home PC buyers choose between Microsoft Corp.'s older operating system and Windows Vista when they purchase certain new machines.

Dell, like many computer makers, stopped offering XP on most home desktops and laptops soon after Vista launched at the end of January. By late March, the company said only two models aimed at home users could be configured with XP (the option still existed on many models for business users).

But on Dell's IdeaStorm Web site, where visitors can post suggestions for the company and vote on the ones they think are important, a plea titled "Don't eliminate XP just yet" racked up more than 10,700 votes.

"We heard you loud and clear on bringing the Windows XP option back to our Dell consumer PC offerings," Dell responded in a Web posting Thursday.
The company said it will immediately offer XP again as an option for four models of its Inspiron notebooks and two models of its Dimension desktop PCs.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/312419_dellxp20.html

Mr. Goat
04-20-2007, 09:30 PM
mother fuckers... lol figures i get vista... oh well I like it and no issues yet just hate nothing has drivers fro vista.

Seraph
04-20-2007, 09:32 PM
Very nice, I don't use dell products (except for their monitors) but it's great that they listen to their customers.

kdoublei
04-20-2007, 11:15 PM
nice. might be getting a new machine this summer. been dreading getting one with vista

LadyMischief
04-21-2007, 12:12 AM
I managed to squeak my dell in before they forced vista down everyone's throats. I didn't really want to be stuck with it :)

Twisted Dave
04-21-2007, 02:16 AM
Dell systems are dollar for dollar some of the WORST systems on the planet. So more fool anyone for getting one anyway. I'm building a system and every component I'm buying is 100% Vista ready ... Surely Dell, a company THAT huge, could have planned the move over much better? No? Oh of course... It's Dell.

Sorry, but Vista was available to system makers and component manufacturers for a long time. If I... little old me, can buy and build a system from bare components, why can't Dell sort systems out in time?

Stupid fucks.

volante
04-21-2007, 09:37 PM
Dell systems are dollar for dollar some of the WORST systems on the planet. So more fool anyone for getting one anyway. I'm building a system and every component I'm buying is 100% Vista ready ... Surely Dell, a company THAT huge, could have planned the move over much better? No? Oh of course... It's Dell.

Sorry, but Vista was available to system makers and component manufacturers for a long time. If I... little old me, can buy and build a system from bare components, why can't Dell sort systems out in time?

Stupid fucks.
So you read the article then?

Seven888
04-21-2007, 10:13 PM
mine was preinstalled with it :( but good that they offer it now

aidantrent
04-21-2007, 10:27 PM
So you read the article then?

You're making the assumption he's literate.

kdoublei
04-21-2007, 10:38 PM

Stupid fucks.
huh? i wondering if he read the article too. i think your off the target with this rant bud

sweetmartini
04-21-2007, 11:21 PM
Dell systems are dollar for dollar some of the WORST systems on the planet.

Not sure about US, but in Australia a $1500 dell laptop is alot nicer than a $1500 laptop bought from a store. I have ordered 4 so far this year (one for me, 3 for friends) and have had no complaints about any of them (they do all run XP though)