PDA

View Full Version : Now this is a puppy

Baxter
04-16-2007, 04:21 AM
How'd you like to have this puppy?

Hercules was recently awarded the honourable distinction of World's Biggest Dog by Guinness World Records. Hercules is an English Mastiff and has a 38 inch neck and weighs 282 pounds.

With "paws the size of softballs" (reports the Boston Herald), the three-year-old monster is far larger and heavier than his breed's standard 200lb. limit. Hercules owner Mr. Flynn says that Hercules weight is natural and not induced by a bizarre diet: "I fed him normal food and he just grew".... and grew. and grew. and grew.

cici131421
04-16-2007, 04:32 AM
don't want to play ball with him!

Seven888
04-16-2007, 04:34 AM
that is one huge doggy :)

Seraph
04-16-2007, 05:39 AM
That's insane, I thought great danes were huge.

jact
04-16-2007, 05:44 AM
Try sharing the bed with that mofo.

maxkit
04-16-2007, 05:48 AM
OOhhh my! What a sweet doggie :) Really so big and very nice!

kdoublei
04-16-2007, 06:36 AM
uhhh.....

Sarah_MaxCash
04-16-2007, 07:17 AM
Imagine the food bill.

DarkWeb
04-16-2007, 07:22 AM
Shit that's a big dog

LFCII
04-16-2007, 07:40 AM
Imagine the pooper scooper you would need.

maxkit
04-16-2007, 07:50 AM
I can't imagine how much it must eat - to be a monster size!!! What about babes for him?! I don't think that any doggie will want to get laid with him, cause it would be unreal :)

Mr. Goat
04-16-2007, 10:43 AM
Damn I thought it was a chop like the guy with the rooster, lol

fuzz_bubble
04-16-2007, 10:50 AM
Wow thats very big puppy!

SirMoby
04-16-2007, 11:11 AM
Damn I thought it was a chop like the guy with the rooster, lol
That is a chop. There is a 282 lbs. Mastiff but I don't think that's him.

PurrsianPussyKat
04-16-2007, 12:30 PM
HOLY CRAP!
That's a huge dog!

*note to angel* No wonder vegas won't let you get one of those!! LOL

Angel
04-16-2007, 12:46 PM
Poor dog will probably only live a few years. People breeding dogs for size are doing just as much harm to breeds as people breeding for fast cash. Mastiffs are gorgeous dogs and a very gentle breed but tend to have a lifespan of around 10 yrs if they're lucky and "average" size. The reason for the short lifespan is the stress on the frame of the dog resulting from their size, over the years people have bred large dogs to be even larger which results in more health problems and shorter life spans.

maxkit
04-16-2007, 01:11 PM
Yeah, Angel, you're absolutely right! This is their little life, but it's so unfair, really :( So sweet one, big, famous, beautifull - and has to live so little time! I don't believe that medicine is unpowerfull in it! If there would be always nearby him a good veterinar - who will analyze his health every day? maybe his life would be much longer

Honey
04-16-2007, 03:32 PM
two persons can ride on that dog's back.

Angel
04-16-2007, 03:46 PM
Yeah, Angel, you're absolutely right! This is their little life, but it's so unfair, really :( So sweet one, big, famous, beautifull - and has to live so little time! I don't believe that medicine is unpowerfull in it! If there would be always nearby him a good veterinar - who will analyze his health every day? maybe his life would be much longer

It's nothing to do with vets and medications, the body of the animal is too heavy for the frame, those dogs were not ever intended to be so large. They are big dogs naturally but when people breed only the largest dog to the largest bitch they are breeding for size and no longer quality of dog.

SilvercashJeanette
04-16-2007, 03:56 PM
I used to work at a boarding kennel and we had a few dogs come in that were about that size. It was very intimidating, but they were good dogs and never gave me any troubles....
They seemed healthy too...just really big doggies....

Th!nk
04-16-2007, 04:09 PM
damn....i would definitely will not gonna be near that :)

Angel
04-16-2007, 05:16 PM
Incidentally http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/hercules.asp

Here's a pic of the real Hercules and a noticeable difference *sigh*

maxkit
04-16-2007, 05:39 PM
Angel Yeah I understand what do you mean, that they are like a unique humans (big or small) if they are non similar to anothers - it means that they will live not so long, yeah it's true - cause these differences in their organs will bring them differences in their cicle of life! But, this dog, as I see isn't fat - it's just big, like a hmm, Anaconda?! There a lot of snakes in the world, but they are not so big instead of that who lives in South America! And as I know they live a long life too! So if we see a Giant dog - it doesn't mean that it is ill and will die soon, I think it's just like a present of our nature!

sweetylicious
04-16-2007, 06:58 PM
oh, that's a very huge dog...it can bite you, i mean eat you in just one snap!!

sassygirl
04-16-2007, 07:23 PM
damn that a huge doggie...wonder how much food he takes everyday

Angel
04-16-2007, 07:29 PM
So if we see a Giant dog - it doesn't mean that it is ill and will die soon, I think it's just like a present of our nature!

Snakes do not have limbs that support their body weight, dogs do. Extremely large dogs are very similar to extremely large people (take into account either weight or height), their joints degrade quickly as do their internal organs because of the strain put on them by their abnormal body size. Take a look at the worlds tallest people, most if not all met untimely ends because their bodies were unable to keep up with their growth.

born2blog
04-16-2007, 07:51 PM
wow that's huge, I wonder if he will keep growing?

PMC
04-16-2007, 11:04 PM
holy shit, that must be fake or photoshopped.

maxkit
04-17-2007, 01:39 AM
Angel Okay I understand, but it's unreal! Cause do you want to say that if man became taller and taller - his body can not figure it?! But how we see this dogiie is not just tall, it's just big, so his body is in proportion with his weight, isn't I'm right?! So where are the problems now?

Empress_JRN
04-17-2007, 09:07 AM
Whew! Giant dog...looks scary...

LadyMischief
04-17-2007, 09:43 AM
Snakes do not have limbs that support their body weight, dogs do. Extremely large dogs are very similar to extremely large people (take into account either weight or height), their joints degrade quickly as do their internal organs because of the strain put on them by their abnormal body size. Take a look at the worlds tallest people, most if not all met untimely ends because their bodies were unable to keep up with their growth.

They tend to develop arthritis and a lot of knee problems.. one of the major things being the ligamints in their knees tearing. Had this happen to one of my dogs.. She wasn't large, she was just old and got too rambunctious for her age (She was a cockapoo, but she was 17, still had all her own teeth and played like a puppy in the snow). She was healthy enough that they did the surgery and she healed very well from it, but I learned a lot about leg problems in dogs from that experience. Unfortunately she passed 8 months later from a brain anyeurism, but she lived to a ripe old age AND through knee surgery. :)

sickkittens
04-17-2007, 10:30 AM
And I thought my dog was big.

Angel
04-17-2007, 10:38 AM
Angel Okay I understand, but it's unreal! Cause do you want to say that if man became taller and taller - his body can not figure it?! But how we see this dogiie is not just tall, it's just big, so his body is in proportion with his weight, isn't I'm right?! So where are the problems now?

ok let's try this again

http://bbs.mediumpimpin.com/showpost.php?p=815437&postcount=22

maxkit
04-17-2007, 12:15 PM
Angel yah I saw that pic :) But this hercules is just fat! he's big cause he eats a lot! Look at his legs and his body, they aren't similar in a normal proportion ;) But that dog in a first post - is really giant and all his body is proportional. Am I right?! ;)
So I want to say that this 2 dogs are not comparable! Cause they have different problems with their bodies :)

Angel
04-17-2007, 02:41 PM
...nevermind :lol1:

maxkit
04-17-2007, 02:55 PM
Angel Sorry I don't know english as well! Maybe I just don't understand what do you want to say :D

tASSy
04-17-2007, 02:58 PM
i feel sorry for the actual hercules, he looks largely uncomfortable (both literally and figuratively). the photoshopped dog in the original picture actually looks to be about the right size for his breed if you look at his body parts proportional to himself and not the other things in the pic.