PDA

View Full Version : Happy Feet...

AbulletAway
04-14-2007, 12:44 AM
The other day I am in the back of Kevin's truck and I see a copy of The Departed sitting on the floor. I made a mental note for later that it was there so if I got bored I could watch it. Last night I got bored. Messaged Kevin I wanted to watch it. He goes out to the truck, it's gone. Some one borrowed it. :(

So instead I was left with plethora of Lindsay Lohan movies and Hillary Duff movies or Happy Feet. I opted for Happy Feet. To my surprise I kinda of enjoyed it. It wasn't as bad as Kevin made it out to be. But, what I loved was one of the special features. One of the voices in the movie was Steve Irwin's. However, he also had done another voice that wasn't used. For the DVD they finished the scene and it was the perfect Steve Irwin Character. Almost brought a tear to my eye.

FatalAttraction
04-14-2007, 12:47 AM
:lol1: :lol1: :lol1: I just watched that easter night. I thought it was good, I was surprised actually

born2blog
04-14-2007, 12:56 AM
after about 15 minutes I had to turn it off, couldn't get into the movie for some reason

Sparkle11
04-14-2007, 03:23 AM
I am sure if I was forced to watch a 'kids' movie, I would probably pick happy feet out of a bunch of others, but there is no way I would ever pick up a copy at the video shop or go to the movies to see it. For some reason I went to see Ice Age at the movies a few years ago... I will never make these silly mistakes again.

joeslim
04-14-2007, 04:21 AM
alot of those animated movies are actually pretty good.

Finding Nemo, Cars, Happy Feet, etc...

Check this out: http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1574755863

XxXotic
04-14-2007, 09:37 AM
I loved happy feet. :)

pam
04-14-2007, 09:43 AM
I didn't watch the special features but will be sure to this weekend. I loved the move, loved the music, loved the overall theme message and my favorite characters were the homeboys

Mr. Goat
04-14-2007, 09:54 AM
Whats the movie about? the previews just make it look like its some stupid penguin dancing around for 2 hours.

XxXotic
04-14-2007, 09:55 AM
Whats the movie about? the previews just make it look like its some stupid penguin dancing around for 2 hours.In the cold land of Antarctica, the Emperor Penguins each express their true love with a special heartsong of their own that expresses their very being. However, the misfit Mumble cannot sing, but instead has an extraordinary talent to tap dance with almost magical energy and expression. Nevertheless, the deeply conformist leadership of the colony fearfully blames the young penguin's unorthodox ways for the lean fishing that threatens them all. Defiant in the face of unjust rejection, Mumble and his true friends set out to find the true cause of the famine. Through the motley crew's trials and perils, Mumble learns many things about his frozen world, not the least of which being that his toe tapping talent may be what he needs to save his people.

Set deep inside the icy land of Antarctica, two emperor penguins have a baby named Mumble (Elijah Wood). Hatched upon his feet, he has an amazing skill for tap-dancing. However, penguins are not supposed to tap dance. Even worse, he cannot sing. All emperor penguins had supposed to have a heartsong, in which has a try at it, with awful results. Torn apart from his mom (Nicole Kidman), dad (Hugh Jackman), and best friend, Gloria (Brittany Murphy), as a teenager who still has his adolescent feathers, his ventures off into the icy landscape. He is rescued from a leopard seal from a group of Adelie penguins, whom which the leader is Ramon (Robin Williams). They take Mumble to their home and discover that all of their fish is being taken from an unknown 'alien' source. They ask Lovelace (Robin Williams), a non-wise and cocky leader of the Adelies, to help them. Unfortunately, he becomes of no help. Leading on an incredible adventure, they try to discover the threat of their food source and survival. Using courage and bravery, Mumble begins to teach everyone begins to learn that uniqueness isn't a burden, but is a gift to be treasured

StuartD
04-14-2007, 10:29 AM
I rather enjoyed the movie, but I haven't watched any of the special features yet though.

Cameron kind of ignores the movie right up until the baby penguin starts talking and then he thinks it's just the funniest thing ever.

Goblin
04-14-2007, 11:15 AM
I watched most of it with my girls and my son what I saw of it was enjoyable but as well i did not see the special features

JerseyGTO
04-14-2007, 01:43 PM
The only Penguins I like :lol1: the ones in Pittsburg can stay kiss my sicilan/irish ass :lol1: :lol1:

I'm gonna have to check it out I love those animated movies ;)

Th!nk
04-14-2007, 05:57 PM
I love that movie...actually, i have seen it twice already :)

Seven888
04-14-2007, 10:24 PM
My little cousin loved it

Reppy
04-15-2007, 12:50 AM
Whats the movie about? the previews just make it look like its some stupid penguin dancing around for 2 hours.
That's about it.

But I did enjoy it.

The fairy penguins are the coolest. The Robin Williams delivery is fantastic.