PDA

View Full Version : Vonage

LFCII
04-13-2007, 03:47 PM
Hi Everyone.

I hope your day is going just ducky.

This post is for anyone using Vonage.

With all the bad news lately, I have signed up for IConnectHere just in case Vonage goes bon voyage. I am going to run them side by side for a month (If Vonage is still around). The hookup was pretty much plug and play and the sound quality has been great thus far. In any case, I will post back here for those interested in the outcome.

Kind Regards,

Les

Mr. Goat
04-13-2007, 04:32 PM
I have never heard of IConnectHere I would imagine Vonage will be around longer them them...

LFCII
04-13-2007, 06:08 PM
Hi Mailman,

Actually IConnectHere has been around longer the Vonage (I believe). There parent company is Deltathree. I have owned Deltathree stock for a number of years and just realized they have a consumer product. I like Vonage but having your CEO jump ship in the middle of injunction that my stop you from obtaining new customers is not a good thing. Hopefully I am thinking too far ahead and plan B will not be needed.

Kind Regards,

Les

SirMoby
04-13-2007, 06:59 PM
Vonage may not be around much longer and they are my provider :(
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070407/ap_on_hi_te/vonage_verizon_suit

Seraph
04-13-2007, 07:01 PM
Wow,n I did not hear that vonage was in trouble?

LFCII
04-13-2007, 07:05 PM
Vonage may not be around much longer and they are my provider :(
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070407/ap_on_hi_te/vonage_verizon_suit

Yeap, It really does not look good for them. Even if they make it, one would expect a price increase. I saved at least $400 with them last year over Verizon. Hopefully, they will pull a rabbit out of the hat.

Mr. Goat
04-13-2007, 07:53 PM
Wow,n I did not hear that vonage was in trouble?
Neither did I.... :ballpunch

I have VoIP with my local internet provider and its been great and they wont be going anywhere any time soon :)

asuna
04-13-2007, 09:18 PM
We've heard about this a long time ago, Vonage is going to lose a ton of cash...

asuna
04-13-2007, 09:19 PM
SirMoby,
if you have MSN, add me, asuna2k @ hotmail...
:)

Seraph
04-13-2007, 10:42 PM
Neither did I.... :ballpunch

I have VoIP with my local internet provider and its been great and they wont be going anywhere any time soon :)

I was going to switch to voip too. :(

LFCII
04-13-2007, 11:03 PM

If I may ask, who is your provider?

born2blog
04-13-2007, 11:34 PM
I still think Skype VOIP is much better, especially for the price!!

SirMoby
04-14-2007, 09:44 AM
I've been looking at other options. My cable company offers something but it's $50 a month and calling over seas is the same price as regular phone. :(

I'd be interested to know how things go with IConnectHere. I need good rates to Bulgaria and Ukraine and of course good local service as well.

I get the feeling that Verizon is not interested in leaving 2.3 Million people without phone service because it would be very bad press. Besides they're probably positioning to take over Vonage.

PMC
04-14-2007, 10:15 AM
my cable company offers one but its primary benefit is for long distance which we never make.

LFCII
05-25-2007, 07:50 PM
Hi All,

I am just following up on my evaluation of IConnectHere. I have kept them and will be dropping Vonage as soon as my number transfers.

Here are a few things I noticed while using both services side by side.

ICH does not take phone calls for support. Instead they use e-mail and chat. At first I was a little negative about this, however, they responded quickly and professionally to both of these and usually followed up with additional e-mail and or a phone call to you to make sure you are happy.

ICH billing is a little different than Vonage as ICH does a recharge if your balance goes below a certain value ($2.50). It is sort of like a prepaid plan and you can make the recharge as little as $10.00 if you want.
ICH also has a few different plans starting at $6.99 a month. IMHO once you understand the billing it is no worse than the billing of Vonage and may even save you money. If interested. please go to their site to fully understand their system.

ICH’s sound quality is as good if not better than Vonage . On several occasions I could not get an international call through on Vonage that I could on ICH.

Overall, I found IConnectHere to have the same quality phone service as Vonage and the per minute rate on the international calls I make are half the price with ICH.

Hopefully, someone will find this info useful.

Kind Regards,

Les

P.S. If you are thinking of signing up. PM me and I will send you a refer-a-friend e-mail to get a $15 Credit for you and me. (If you want too)

I also evaluated BroadVoice side by side with ICH and Vonage. They have unlimited world calling to 35 countries for $24.95 and some other plans for lower prices. They were good also. If someone wants my thoughts/results on them, let me know.

asuna
05-25-2007, 08:01 PM
What kind of adapter did they give you?
Would an IP phone work?
Any setup fees?