PDA

View Full Version : Beware Of These Emails

Toker
04-13-2007, 02:25 AM
There's email going around from Abuse@ or Support@
that says you have a virus and to download a file and put a password in.
DON'T do it!!

Subject like ***UNCHECKED*** Virus Alert! or Worm Activity Detected! or Spyware Detected! for a few.
:cool:

Angeleyes
04-13-2007, 05:28 AM
I've had it on all of my accounts, it's so obvious it is fake, you would have to be a moron to actually do what they say. Well.... atleast for us....... we work on computers all damn day and are pretty used to the spam and how to fix our stuff when it breaks other than HD issues which I'm having. BLECK!

maxkit
04-13-2007, 06:03 AM
Thank you so much for that info

Goblin
04-13-2007, 07:11 AM
I've had it on all of my accounts, it's so obvious it is fake, you would have to be a moron to actually do what they say. Well.... atleast for us....... we work on computers all damn day and are pretty used to the spam and how to fix our stuff when it breaks other than HD issues which I'm having. BLECK!
do you know how many morons used to put thir aol login info into fake instakiss sites or other aol phishing scams there is alot of morons out there :D if noone did it the people would not waste their time ;)

Rictor
04-13-2007, 11:22 AM
There's email going around from Abuse@ or Support@
that says you have a virus and to download a file and put a password in.
DON'T do it!!

Subject like ***UNCHECKED*** Virus Alert! or Worm Activity Detected! or Spyware Detected! for a few.

I've been getting those e-mails every day for over a decade...nothing new there.

Toker
04-13-2007, 02:47 PM
I've been getting those e-mails every day for over a decade...nothing new there.

Really, I just started getting them and there's still no warnings
about them on the Virus boards..

born2blog
04-13-2007, 07:39 PM
I don't open or download any emails to my HD if I don't recognize the sender, it's as simple as that

kdoublei
04-13-2007, 07:41 PM
i got that in 2 of my emails earlier this week

Seven888
04-14-2007, 05:40 PM

ditto that

Reppy
04-14-2007, 11:45 PM
I don't open or download any emails to my HD if I don't recognize the sender, it's as simple as that
But what if you've won the lottery with a ticket that you never entered?

You'll never know!!!