PDA

View Full Version : MSNBC is canceling its simulcast of Don Imus' radio show...

AbulletAway
04-11-2007, 06:50 PM
-- MSNBC is canceling its simulcast of Don Imus' radio show after he made racially charged remarks about Rutgers women's basketball team.

I guess they only respect free speech when people say shit they like. What a joke.

PurrsianPussyKat
04-11-2007, 09:15 PM
I think all us whitey's should protest next!

JerseyGTO
04-11-2007, 09:33 PM
Even though I really dont like Howard Stern or friggin Don Imus.....

But Howard Stern was pulled off the air and put back on for a number of years so I really dont see the difference

As as for free speach....Well we really dont have that :ballpunch I mean theres allot of things that are said that I dont agree with (like certain really racist jokes) but I gotta put up with them sometimes cause its thier right to say'em :(

DarkWeb
04-11-2007, 09:47 PM
Man "FUCK WHINERS" I'm sick and tired of fucking crybabies. No one remembers him saying that "Bush didn't come to rescue their asses cuz they were black" during Katrina Man they only remember what they want

Oh and just for you fuckers that think I'm racist FU My wife is from Puerto Rico.

Man this is why I don't like people :ballpunch

DarkWeb
04-11-2007, 09:49 PM
Even though I really dont like Howard Stern or friggin Don Imus.....

But Howard Stern was pulled off the air and put back on for a number of years so I really dont see the difference

As as for free speach....Well we really dont have that :ballpunch I mean theres allot of things that are said that I dont agree with (like certain really racist jokes) but I gotta put up with them sometimes cause its thier right to say'em :(

Man the difference between Imus and Howard is that Howard knows how to make sure you know he's joking ;)

kdoublei
04-11-2007, 10:26 PM
calling some female athletes some nappy headed hoes is un called for but i dont think he needed to lose his show over it. i guess most of the problem stem from a lot of the advertisers backing out

MP
04-11-2007, 10:27 PM
Good he sucks ass anyway that was the worst show ever, thank god!

PMC
04-11-2007, 11:28 PM
they are nappy headed ho's, but how did this turn into a racial issue, female basketball players usually have frizzy hair, its not uncommon.

AbulletAway
04-11-2007, 11:48 PM
calling some female athletes some nappy headed hoes is un called for but i dont think he needed to lose his show over it. i guess most of the problem stem from a lot of the advertisers backing out

I agree it was outta line. But, we gotta stop this shit. People can't even have opinions any more or make a fuckin joke. I don't care if his show sucked. I heard once I think I thought he sucked. However, to stop playing his show because they are too chicken shit to let the people decide what to listen to. Fuck MSNBC.

SirMoby
04-12-2007, 12:14 AM
You're right for the most part :)

I thought it was "nappy headed jagoboos" and I'm sure I spelled it wrong. They are respecting free speech as there are no criminal charges and so far no fines.

It was a business decision. Advertisers were pulling out and soon the show would have no revenue.

If someone was saying crap on this board and all the advertisers decided to pull their dollars because of it then guess what would happen.

SirMoby
04-12-2007, 12:17 AM
No one remembers him saying that "Bush didn't come to rescue their asses cuz they were black"
I think a lot of people remember because a lot of people were making similar comments. No one complained because the statements were pretty accurate :) "You're either with us or against us" and Dubya knows most of the people aren't with him so what would you expect?

JerseyGTO
04-12-2007, 08:33 AM
People can't even have opinions any more or make a fuckin joke.

I just got in trouble for that a few months ago at work...Now I basicly had to change my personality around a huge group of people because the way me and a few other people joke around is Quote "not to well accepted and this is not New Jersey/New York and we do not joke around here like that"

So all 10 of us have to joke and kid around under our breaths or when its just us togeather because some people get offended :ballpunch

Seven888
04-12-2007, 02:26 PM
Loose lips sink ships :)

Goblin
04-12-2007, 09:36 PM
yeah i say it is bullshit too how they keep saying he was racist well seeing there is white girls on the team how can they say he made it towards the blacks fuck sharpton

Goblin
04-12-2007, 09:40 PM
and CBS dropped him too

ronaldo
04-12-2007, 11:34 PM
Something good out of this mess happened for me today. I got to listen to a fellow named Jason Whitlock on CNN a couple of times. While it's hard to find a station that won't cover Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson, why this is the first time I've heard of this guy, I can only guess. I'd LOVE for one of them...Sharpton especially to debate this guy. God forbid an intelligent black man says the black community needs to stop blaming whitey for their failures OR their successes.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/columnists/jason_whitlock/

http://www.kansascity.com/182/story/66339.html

"Dave Chappelle was offered $50 million to make racially insensitive jokes about black and white people on TV. He was hailed as a genius. Black comedians routinely crack jokes about white and black people, and we all laugh out loud."