PDA

View Full Version : Out of state moving

Seraph
04-06-2007, 06:09 AM
I really hate this shithole, and I am fucking tired of living in rain and cold. I've always lived in Washington and I want to move because I fucking hate this place, did I mention I fucking hate Washington? I want to move somewhere where it is WARM and sunny, and I can fucking go outside without wearing a fucking parka... Enough of my rant.....

Anyways, who here has moved out of state? I want to move to either Miami, Las Vegas or somewhere in Cali in the LA area, preferably not to California since requirements for my mainstream job are too high there, and so are cost of living. I'm afraid of the cost to move, what is the cheapest way to move? I don't have a lot of stuff, about a 1 bedroom apartment worth of stuff, and I can get rid of all the crap I don't need and just bring the essentials.

I have enough money in the bank to live for about 8-10 months fine without a job, and the extra money from adult will help too. I want to save all the money I can since I am buying a new car soon, which I may or may not do. If I buy a truck I suppose I can just drive to my new location and use a uhaul truck to carry my crap and spent the $150-$400 in gas it would cost to drive to my new location + trailer rental....

What about finding a place to stay? It will be more expensive to fly to the place I am moving to and find an apartment or a place to stay, I guess I could rent a cheap hotel and a storage unit while I find a place to stay. Moving from town to town is fine, but I've never moved out of state so I really have no fucking clue what I am doing, and I am sure there are some webmasters on the board that have experience with this kind of thing...

JerseyGTO
04-06-2007, 06:39 AM
Ill tell ya...ur on more of a right track than I was.. ;) see off the bat ill say that South Florida is getting expensive north Florida is still cheap but getting devolped...Quick..

I didnt have much stuff back then so I jus got a lil U-Haul an made the jaunt ...Before you do anyyyyy thingggg definitely look where you want to live and once you decided Then go through the motions I had family already here so it wasnt that hard for me at all ;)

Mr. Goat
04-06-2007, 08:53 AM
look around online for a place to stay? might find something good with lots of pictures

Seraph
04-06-2007, 09:06 AM
Can I stay with you? I won't eat your hotdogs I promise!

XxXotic
04-06-2007, 09:09 AM
I moved from Jersey to Louisiana around 9 years ago. Was a huge pain in the ass that I actually regret now (louisiana just sucks) In 5 months or so I'm moving overseas too, that should be fun :D

msacras
04-06-2007, 09:33 AM
I'm trying to figure out some of the same questions, except i don't want to move some place warm (well, I do but that's another story), I'm trying to get back to where I grew up...but moving just three hours away from where I was living last year was a pain....moving halfway across the country is going to be dificult - like finding an apartment etc before I get there

Seraph
04-06-2007, 09:48 AM
Glad to see there are people in the same boat as me, I'm just trying to figure out the best plan, as I really want to move atleast 1,000 miles away from this place.

JerseyGTO
04-06-2007, 10:28 AM
Glad to see there are people in the same boat as me, I'm just trying to figure out the best plan, as I really want to move atleast 1,000 miles away from this place.

All im sayin is this cause I was in ur dilemma back in '94..

Do you think moving will change things?

Are you ready to go someplace %100 different from where ur from?

cause I gotta tell ya I do like florida alot an I did allota things down here that I wouldent Be able to do up there an the very very very few people that I met down here are like my family an Im glad I got da chance to have'em wid me....

Butttttt the South Florida lifestyle/menatlity jus makes me wanna go on a beating spree :lol1: I just didnt think that one state or any state for that matter was that different..But thanks to very few open minded a level headed people that never judged me an took me for who I was ;) well It aint tooooo bad here :D

Seraph
04-06-2007, 10:45 AM
Yes, I am ready to get out of here. Just I don't know what the best course of action is. :(

Angel
04-06-2007, 01:18 PM
I'm ready to go somewhere new too but I want to go back to Europe...either that or somewhere like Hawaii :D

Seven888
04-06-2007, 01:54 PM
I'm actually still living where I was born at, but I do love this place

Cyndalie
04-06-2007, 02:01 PM
I just moved from SoFla to Philly
I got sick of being hot all the time.

Panky
04-06-2007, 02:56 PM
If possible, find an area that you are interested in and then spend a few weeks there before moving. Another option is to move where you already know someone. It will make the transition a little easier.

The move will also go a lot smoother if you have a place to live already lined up. Once you know exactly where it is you are moving into, you can decide what things to take with you and what things to get rid of. You can also pre-arrange an internet install and things of that nature so that you have minimal downtime.

I moved from Pennsylvania to Montreal about 3 years ago. I had everything planned and lined up before leaving the States. The move went well.

Reppy
04-07-2007, 04:42 AM
Move to Australia.

Live near me.

On weekends we can do armed hold-ups at 7-11's.

msacras
04-07-2007, 09:13 AM
they have 7-11's in Australia? didnt know that, that changes things