PDA

View Full Version : You Ever Fire Anyone?

MP
12-12-2006, 09:48 PM
I had a friend who had to fire people all the time in a big Tech Support company. He called it the welder speech.

This is how he would start it :)

"I wanted to be a welder, but just wasn't meant to be a welder, they're just some things in life we weren't meant for, like you Daiquian, you weren't meant for tech support"

Mr. Goat
12-12-2006, 09:49 PM
HAHA Thats brutal!

Minte
12-12-2006, 10:10 PM
My job is better these days.I don't actually do the firing..I just decide who and I have people that do it.

XxXotic
12-12-2006, 10:10 PM
yeah i've had to do it, it really sucks. in a corporate environment there's usually a bit of distance between you and the people you have to let go but working for a large local company I knew everyone's freakin life story so it was usually twice as hard :(

DVDSuperStar
12-12-2006, 10:12 PM
i've been given a reasonable facsimile of the welder's speech

AbulletAway
12-12-2006, 10:53 PM
Ya, when I was sales. We were brutal. Normally from the sales office the sales manager would pick a couple of salesman to fire and I'd call them to the sales window. Not even in the sales office, just to the window. The whole wall was a thick window with no opening. So they would get up to the window and try to look in because they were outside and I'd point to the guy then give them the blownout handsign that kinda looks like you're holding a straw with first to your mouth ready blowout a spitwad. Or, we'd get them in to the office and give them the old, "Remember back when you used to work here"

But, it's a different enviorment salesman usually don't stay more than a few months at car lot and if you weren't selling at least 10 cars a month or so you were gone.

PMC
12-12-2006, 10:59 PM
haha fuck most places would be sued for that!

PurrsianPussyKat
12-12-2006, 11:05 PM
Wonder who's getting the axe. ;)

JerseyGTO
12-12-2006, 11:12 PM
Yea I had to fire a few in the club envorment well my brother used to make me cause he couldent do it if they worked for us more than 3 to 4 months!! He did fire a few but they really FUCKED UP!! See we treated everybody like family so he really got close to them because he was around all the time..I have a day job so I worked nights and all day weekends so I really didnt get that close but he has a big heart I do too but im more cut throat because we are not children we are all old enough to know between right an wrong if its a mistake and couldent be helped fine we will work it out....But if you knew and did it anyway and think we're that fucking stupid then frig youuuuu your gone!!! ;)

Mr. Blue
12-12-2006, 11:13 PM
Yep, I've fired people. There was only one time I enjoyed it completely.

kdoublei
12-12-2006, 11:37 PM
i had to fire clerks that worked in the fudge shop. i felt bad firing someone i just had sex with the night before. but if the boss say you gotta go, you gotta go.

Fluid
12-13-2006, 12:19 AM
I'm thinking of firing cuban chick right now...
course I think of it everynight...

So Kevin...mailman's to report to your office with his coat is what you're saying? :D

Cyndalie
12-13-2006, 12:44 AM
Just tell them they've won a vacation to their next job.

Cuban Chick
12-13-2006, 01:19 AM
Just tell them they've won a vacation to their next job.
:lol1: nice way of putting it.

Reppy
i had to fire clerks that worked in the fudge shop. i felt bad firing someone i just had sex with the night before. but if the boss say you gotta go, you gotta go.
"I wanted to be a welder, but just wasn't meant to be a welder, they're just some things in life we weren't meant for, like you kdoublei, you weren't meant to be a fudge packer"

:D

Cuban Chick
I'm thinking of firing cuban chick right now...
course I think of it everynight...

So Kevin...mailman's to report to your office with his coat is what you're saying? :D
you can't fire me. cuz i'll quit :P

Mr. Goat
12-13-2006, 02:12 AM
Wonder who's getting the axe. ;)

I just put Kevin on ignore :) Cant fire me If I dont talk to him :owl:

Cuban Chick
12-13-2006, 02:19 AM
hahahaha...yeah, ignore the boss :)

KRM
12-13-2006, 02:48 AM
hey Mailman Kevin wanted me to tell you you're fired :millertim

rockhard8
12-13-2006, 03:00 AM
I've met managers who are afraid to do it for whatever reason, they think the firee will go psycho or something, I guess it's not an easy thing to do

XxXotic
12-13-2006, 03:51 AM
hey Mailman Kevin wanted me to tell you you're fired :millertimpwned

Seven888
12-13-2006, 04:24 AM
never had the oppertunity to can ass :(