PDA

View Full Version : Been a fun past couple of days...

AbulletAway
11-16-2006, 05:42 PM
So, I reinstalled windows a few days ago. I hate doing that because no matter how much you plan it out something always gets lost or goes wrong. This time was no exception. After the installation I couldn't find my right sound driver and before that I seemed to not have any way to connect to the internet as the that driver was missing to. Just using the set up wizard stuff didn't work as it tell me I didn't have a network card or some shit?

Any ways, after getting all that shit set up I couldn't get my email to work. I spent most of a night and half of yesterday trying to get it working. Finally called my ISP, the fixed. However, they had me turn off my firewall to make sure that wasn't causing the problem. Well, no the email works and my auto send and recieve starts flowing tons of email and firewall/anti-virus isn't on. I think it was the 11th email that contained a virus. I'm not really sure though. I Outlook actually stopped and told me of the virus trying to change its settings. I chose to not allow it and hoped that would be it. Nope.

I started up my firewall and anti-virus and spyware stuff and ran a scan. Couldn't find any thing. I know I have a virus though because now pages are loading slow and most times won't load at all. Every time I went to a new page it would come up as page not found, I hit refresh and then it would be there. I spent till about 11pm last night trying to find the virus or adware that was causing it. I know it had something to do with the smss.exe a windows file that can also can be taken over or something? No matter what I do and what program I use nothing is finding it. In fact the program I paid for that is the program that told me about the possibility of the smss.exe being the issue did nothing. It said, by the program and learn how to determine if you're infected by it and how to remove it. Ok cool deal. Buy it, run it, it tells me nothing. In fact it just said the same shit that was on the website, "Could be a virus, better get rid of it." That was a nice touch I thought. Maybe next time they could included removal instructions.

But then I thought, maybe I'm not infected. Maybe it was just a coincedence that I have these systems. I decided to ignore and started working on some stuff. But I kept an eye on the task manager and I kept seeing programs using way more memory than they should, I would shit pop up in there that didn't normally do it. I decided, fuck it!

So at about 11 or 11:30pm last I reinstalled windows again. To my surprise, it was a piece of cake. Everything went as smoothly and as easily as it should in a perfect world. No errors, no installing windows only to see that after booting, it didn't delete everything it just reinstalled the drivers. No, total clean install as it was supposed to. Started installing my programs with no problems. Went to bed about 5am. Got up about 11am and finished installing stuff. Not a single problem. Everything is running smoothly so far Everything is updated and I am, for lack of a better word, happy. :)

AbulletAway
11-16-2006, 05:44 PM
RDV: For the reading impared:

I hate reinstalling windows. It never goes well. Installed it the other day. Bad. Installed last night. Good.

The End.

PurrsianPussyKat
11-16-2006, 06:03 PM
:lol1: Glad you got it all sorted out! :)

Cyndalie
11-16-2006, 08:38 PM
Dear god you can type Bullet.

PMC
11-16-2006, 08:40 PM
i always get someone else to do my tech work cause it never works properly for me.

Seven888
11-16-2006, 10:01 PM
pc problems suck ass :(