PDA

View Full Version : video-post account

Mr. Stiff
09-18-2006, 05:06 AM
For the last 2 months i've been trying out the video-post.com account.
My expectations were high (considering the $120/month), but for some reason I can't convert his traffic..

Galleries that convert well on other sites ($1 trials), do absolutly nothing on his traffic.

Does anyone have any experiences or tips to share?

Creeper
09-18-2006, 02:37 PM
My expectations were high (considering the $120/month), but for some reason I can't convert his traffic..

Galleries that convert well on other sites ($1 trials), do absolutly nothing on his traffic.

When looking for partner accounts I brought this up to my boss he told me the exact same thing you are saying right now. All I remember was something about their rotation is way to fast thus you don't get traffic / can't convert.

Just giving you the only info I know.

the Shemp
09-18-2006, 03:41 PM

what amount of traffic are you getting to each gallery?

amadrec
09-18-2006, 04:54 PM

I have also 1 account of 120 USD at VIDEO-POST and I do post galleries of EXCLUSIVE hardcore amateur websites and I get good conversions (average of 2-3 sign ups per day). I must confess that my best days are the days that I'm listed between 31-40. If you are listed further, it's always a bit less.
Taking in consideration that each gallery cost about 4 USD I think the traffic at video-posty.com is good to very good.
At the other hand, I'm working with a sign up price range of 19.95 - 24.95 USD so I do not work with 1 USD sign ups.

Furthermore, I am in a pool of 3 webmasters who have bought a 11-20 spot recently (each 1 gallery every 3 days) and I must say that I had 1 listing over the last weekend and at that time your amount of traffic is really X4-X6 and I had with 1 listing some 9 sign ups coming from that listing... But on the other hand, a paid listing costs much more.

So for me VIDEO-POST.COM is good and I will keep my submission pass and if my results keep the same like my 1st paid listing, I will keep on advertising on it (even taking 30 paid spots per month). Last thing: I'm listed almost every day on VIDEO-POST and I see that even listings of August give me every now and then some sign ups. So also the ARCHIVES are good!
For me a big and solid 8/10+.

amadrec
09-18-2006, 05:01 PM
what amount of traffic are you getting to each gallery?

Listings from #31 - and lower:
I get on average some 6.000-8.000 visitors to my galleries.
I even had a listing at the last 10 and at that moment you only have 2.000-3.000 visits.

It depends on the place of your listing.
These figures are for the normal submission pass (120 USD).

With a paid spot you will have about 20.000-30.000 uniques and even more (I only had 1 paid listing so far).

Mr. Stiff
09-18-2006, 06:08 PM
@ Shemp, I get somewhere between 3900 and 30.000 hits to my galleries (shameless plug: http://www.mrstiff.com/directory/Webmasters/42/TGP/9/0/index.html).
If I count all hits from click throughs I'm probably around at 0:6000, where that specific sponsor normally does 1:500.

@Amadrec, nice thought, to buy spots as a group of webmasters! Thanks for your info, guess I need to find some underpromoted sponsor..

Spicy
09-18-2006, 07:53 PM
I used to have the free account. The traffic was great, it was the best site in my submit list (highest traffic, 10-20k) and the acceptance was good as well - there were not so many video gallery submitters at the time, well times change :-)

the Shemp
09-18-2006, 08:17 PM
@ Shemp, I get somewhere between 3900 and 30.000 hits to my galleries (shameless plug: http://www.mrstiff.com/directory/Webmasters/42/TGP/9/0/index.html).
If I count all hits from click throughs I'm probably around at 0:6000, where that specific sponsor normally does 1:500.

@Amadrec, nice thought, to buy spots as a group of webmasters! Thanks for your info, guess I need to find some underpromoted sponsor..

yup, he seems to have good trades and nice traffic, maybe you should try a new sponsor..

Spicy
09-19-2006, 10:19 AM
I think his traffic is something like Hun's traffic - you either make good sales or nothing. And both sites seem to me like their traffic used to have better quality some time ago.