PDA

View Full Version : Sponsors that provide rss feeds, and the links lead to their hosted blogs

Jace
09-18-2006, 01:45 AM
This is driving me nuts

I have a blog

I put rss feeds into it

sponsors decide that instead of linking to the paysite which they are advertising, they will link back to their hosted blog

to me, that is one extra step for me to loose a sale because the surfer has to click more to get to the final product

I could understand it if the rss feed linked to a hosted blog, and the entry it linked to had a bunch more pics or more descriptions, but no, they just link back to the hosted blog with the EXACT SAME ENTRY that I published on my blog

wtf?

Vixxen
09-19-2006, 01:00 AM
I'm using pussycash's feed on mine. it links right to the online chat host's profile.

Vixxen
09-19-2006, 01:01 AM
I've heard that LVN, the new cam site, will have feeds in a few wks.

Jace
09-19-2006, 01:11 AM
I'm using pussycash's feed on mine. it links right to the online chat host's profile.

this wasn't a thread asking for people that don't do what I mentioned, this was a thread to single out those that do what I said

Jace
09-19-2006, 01:11 AM
I've heard that LVN, the new cam site, will have feeds in a few wks.

great...thanks for playing

XxXotic
09-19-2006, 09:44 AM
I dunno Jace, it's rare that I use RSS feeds for my blog (why do I want the same post 20,000 other people are using?) I always tweak the hell out of the ones I do use, move shit around, re-link everything that was linked. I basically just use the RSS as a template that I can re-work to my liking so I don't much pay attention to what the link is to since I'm swapping those out eliminate the referral look to the links and send to mysite.com/model-name/model-name.php instead. Cleaner looking I suppose but I'll keep my eye open for what you mentioned from here out

Jace
09-19-2006, 12:33 PM
I dunno Jace, it's rare that I use RSS feeds for my blog (why do I want the same post 20,000 other people are using?) I always tweak the hell out of the ones I do use, move shit around, re-link everything that was linked. I basically just use the RSS as a template that I can re-work to my liking so I don't much pay attention to what the link is to since I'm swapping those out eliminate the referral look to the links and send to mysite.com/model-name/model-name.php instead. Cleaner looking I suppose but I'll keep my eye open for what you mentioned from here out

well, right now I am working with 2 types of blogs, my splogs and my babelogs...my spam blogs are totally rss driven and I never touch them, I have my cron set up and feedwordpress just let's them go

and my babelogs, which I am taking nice care of and really working hard on making them original

sad part is, I started both at the same time, and the splogs are getting way more traffic already and have so many more se listings :( haha

Vixxen
09-19-2006, 12:53 PM
duh.. sorry.

a1ka1ine
09-21-2006, 06:26 AM
sad part is, I started both at the same time, and the splogs are getting way more traffic already and have so many more se listings :( haha

ouch!!

well im sure as the se's get more refined at spotting duplicated content your babelogs will start to get the attention they deserve and your splogs will get reduced ranks

Jace
09-21-2006, 07:33 PM
ouch!!

well im sure as the se's get more refined at spotting duplicated content your babelogs will start to get the attention they deserve and your splogs will get reduced ranks

to be honest, I have been in the se game for a while now, far before blogs ever came around, and I have never been penalized for duplicate content...while I think if someone copied a page straight from their competitor, then there woul;d be consequences....but having a 30 word blurb that is the same as maybe 10 or so other sites out there, I really don't think that is a big deal

hell, look at all the news sites out there that copy articles directly from AP, there has to be tens of thousands of news sites that do that, most of them never get penalized