PDA

View Full Version : Can you help? Need information about TGP blacklists...

RuthB
08-02-2006, 04:09 PM
I work for WEGCash (http://www.wegcash.com) and we're trying to make our program more TGP friendly.

It has come to our attention that some TGP's may have us blacklisted for one reason or another, and we would like to find out which ones and what we can do to correct the issue so our webmasters can profit from this marketing method.

Does anyone here know of any TGP's that have WEGCash blacklisted? If so, please let me know in this thread (or ICQ #233854608), we'd really appreciate it so we can help everyone make more money with our program, especially with the launch of our new site - FuckHerRight (http://www.fuckherright.com) because we're providing both MGP and TGP galleries to webmasters.

Thanks in advance for your help!

the Shemp
08-02-2006, 04:54 PM
I work for WEGCash (http://www.wegcash.com) and we're trying to make our program more TGP friendly.

It has come to our attention that some TGP's may have us blacklisted for one reason or another, and we would like to find out which ones and what we can do to correct the issue so our webmasters can profit from this marketing method.

Does anyone here know of any TGP's that have WEGCash blacklisted? If so, please let me know in this thread (or ICQ #233854608), we'd really appreciate it so we can help everyone make more money with our program, especially with the launch of our new site - FuckHerRight (http://www.fuckherright.com) because we're providing both MGP and TGP galleries to webmasters.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi Ruth :)
it costs 10K to get off my blacklist..J/K
do you know why some sites were blacklisting WEG?

Mr. Blue
08-02-2006, 05:06 PM
Hiya Ruth, as far as I know there's no shared blacklist for tgps. If you've gotten blacklisted at some tgps it's just that individual tgp that has you on a list and you'd have to know the places and correspond directly with the owner for the reason why.

Also I haven't seen any TGP having a specific ban on WEG cash as a sponsor. They may have banned affiliates of yours, but it could very well be for reasons completely unrelated to WEG cash...i.e. the affiliate not following the rules, etc, etc

RuthB
08-02-2006, 05:10 PM
Hi Ruth :)
it costs 10K to get off my blacklist..J/K
do you know why some sites were blacklisting WEG?

:lol1: hahahaha

I have nothing confirmed - but rumour has it that perhaps it's due to our consoles, though we do offer no console promotion.

Some of our affiliates have been having a hard time getting our FHG's listed due to javascript on the gallery, but we're on that, fixing that situation.

Why we're being blacklisted is one of the things I want to find out and correct if we can.

Thanks Shemp!

RuthB
08-02-2006, 05:17 PM
Hiya Ruth, as far as I know there's no shared blacklist for tgps. If you've gotten blacklisted at some tgps it's just that individual tgp that has you on a list and you'd have to know the places and correspond directly with the owner for the reason why.

Also I haven't seen any TGP having a specific ban on WEG cash as a sponsor. They may have banned affiliates of yours, but it could very well be for reasons completely unrelated to WEG cash...i.e. the affiliate not following the rules, etc, etc

I had a blacklist removed the other day. We want to be proactive and figure that those who use TGP's would know if we're blacklisted anywhere.

That's why I'm sending out this call, then if anyone knows of any TGP's who blacklist us, I can get in touch with them and find out what's what. Just trying to save a little bit of time is all ;)

Thanks for your response though Mr Blue, I agree that we're probably not blacklisted at that many places. :) (at least I hope not!)

selena
08-02-2006, 05:29 PM
I've seen it banned at some places, but I can't remember where.

The text is something like "no WEG, don't even ask"

Maybe you could pull that up on google.

RuthB
08-02-2006, 05:41 PM
I've seen it banned at some places, but I can't remember where.

The text is something like "no WEG, don't even ask"

Maybe you could pull that up on google.

thanks for the tip, I'll give that a try in G and Y :)

Panky
08-02-2006, 05:49 PM
Some of our affiliates have been having a hard time getting our FHG's listed due to javascript on the gallery, but we're on that, fixing that situation.

That's a problem right there if your affiliates are submitting FHGs. That's a big no no to rip and/or submit raw FHGs. Pretty much a wasted effort on the affiliates part as well. Why would a site list a FHG that used the submitters code when the site owner could go grab FHGs of their own with their own code in them and list it?

Mr. Blue
08-02-2006, 07:29 PM

Yep, that'll get a person blacklisted :)

FHG should only be used if you have a tgp, hub, etc, that you want to fill up with sponsor galleries -or- if you're paying for advertising and it's allowable.

No affiliate should be submitting those FHG as their own...what's the logic in that? I can go to WEG and load up my tgp with those galleries and get paid for it, instead of having some lazy knob sucker do it and take my time up reviewing their gallery.

msacras
08-02-2006, 08:58 PM
maybe a stupid question but why does the fhg have javascript?

RuthB
08-02-2006, 09:00 PM
maybe a stupid question but why does the fhg have javascript?

because we included a join form on the FHG's so that the surfer could sign up right from the gallery.

We will be removing javascript from all our FHG's now that we know it's an issue though

Panky
08-02-2006, 09:06 PM
It only becomes an issue when the FHGs are used for submitting. There are no rules with FHGs. Add the join page right on the gallery is fine and probably will work for a lot of people. There's no need to change them, IMHO.

RuthB
08-02-2006, 09:11 PM
It only becomes an issue when the FHGs are used for submitting. There are no rules with FHGs. Add the join page right on the gallery is fine and probably will work for a lot of people. There's no need to change them, IMHO.

the join form will still be there, we will just remove the javascript part of it

thanks for the tip though :)

and thanks to everyone else for replying too, I really appreciate the help. I'm glad I posted here! :)

ChrisExtreme
08-02-2006, 09:27 PM
No affiliate should be submitting those FHG as their own...what's the logic in that? I can go to WEG and load up my tgp with those galleries and get paid for it, instead of having some lazy knob sucker do it and take my time up reviewing their gallery.Once upon a time, there was a niche tgp that I submitted too and this tgp allowed and listed FHG submissions. This tgp had quality traffic and I made quite a few sales from it. As far as I could tell the owner made his money from banners and advertisements on the site. Then one day he decided to change his site from a tgp. My point is I wouldn't accept FHG's but I've come across a couple that do.

Plus, with some tgp scripts you can submit your own FHG's daily rather then have them rotating in your database.

the Shemp
08-02-2006, 09:37 PM
Plus, with some tgp scripts you can submit your own FHG's daily rather then have them rotating in your database.

ya, thats how i do it...

Mr. Blue
08-02-2006, 10:23 PM
Once upon a time, there was a niche tgp that I submitted too and this tgp allowed and listed FHG submissions. This tgp had quality traffic and I made quite a few sales from it. As far as I could tell the owner made his money from banners and advertisements on the site. Then one day he decided to change his site from a tgp. My point is I wouldn't accept FHG's but I've come across a couple that do.

A few do, but really...where's the wisdom in doing it? I know some of the new tgps will also let it through, but that's more about lack of experience. I admit, sometimes I probably let a FHG slip by just because I don't know it's a FHG. 1,000's of sponsors + how many varieties of templates? It's really getting hard to keep track of them all.