PDA

View Full Version : beta testers needed for gallery evaluation script

gemini420
07-14-2006, 10:15 PM
Dear Community,

I've built a great PHP program and I need some help. The program automatically evaluates Thumbnail Galleries for TGPs (really for TGP webmasters.)

I am in need of some beta testers. The EZ4U gallery evaluation program has been tested a lot, but I need to iron out the best way to integrate the evaluation results back into various PHP/MySQL TGPs.

So I would like to hear from anyone who runs a TGP utilizing PHP/MySQL, and wishes to beta test a cool program that automatically filters bad galleries, and categorizes and ranks quality galleries.

If you like, you can preview the program at http://ez4u.cuteteen.com (check out the demo page.) Simply enter the URL of any adult thumbnail gallery, and the program will tell you if it passes. If the gallery does pass, it will also return with a review. The demo uses settings that I have chosen, but the program lets the user (you) define the rules that qualify as a passing gallery.

I would like to customize the output of EZ4U for some TGPs to use.

Please contact me if interested [email: ez4u a@t cuteteen.com ]

Thanks in advance,
Shane

the Shemp
07-14-2006, 10:31 PM
what criteria does it use to rank quality galleries ?

ChrisExtreme
07-14-2006, 10:37 PM
I went to the demo page and tried to evaluate the same gallery 2 times. First time it passed and the second time it failed.

:eek:

gemini420
07-14-2006, 10:54 PM
The gallery's attributes are the 'results' gleaned from the gallery review. If you run a gallery though the demo you will see all the attributes considered. These include image, movie, thumbnail, advertisment, and inline stats.

The gallery is scored based on how it's attributes compare to a statistical mean. The numbers game behind the scenes essentially compares the stats of one gallery to every other gallery reviewed previously.

Each attribute's consideration into the final score is weighted to give 'quality' galleries a higher score. (galleries with larger and more detailed content, better load time, and fewer advertisments)

The script has many other features other than the scoring. It filters galleries based on user defined rules (one of which is score.)

content count (too few or too many)
domain & host level blacklisting
thumbnail creation
per gallery Pass/Fail status
virus & exploit scanning
Popups, Flash, Forms, JavaScript, OnMouseOvers, I-Frame, Frames scanning
reciprocal link check
category classification based on keywords

gemini420
07-14-2006, 10:58 PM
I went to the demo page and tried to evaluate the same gallery 2 times. First time it passed and the second time it failed.

:eek:

"the second time it failed" ... because the content signature has already been evaluated.

This prevents the same gallery from being submitted twice (even if the page has a dynamic URL.) If the first evaluation was successful, you don't want the same gallery submitted again.

Panky
07-15-2006, 12:09 AM
When a gallery is approved by the script, does it automatically appear on the site or go into a que to be manually reviewed?

When the submitter submits, is it a standard form? (user, pass, name, url, recip url, email, image/movie count, category, description, ...) Can the submitter select their own thumbnail and/or upload one? Can the submitter submit their own keywords/keyphrases they wish to use?

Filters by thumbnail creation... What does that mean? Filter by individual weight of thumbs or by total weight of thumbs?

Do partners receive higher rank or does the script rank by overall comparison of their own galleries and other submitters galleries, regardless of partner status?

Does the script scan for changes after the gallery is live on the site?

gemini420
07-15-2006, 12:45 AM
Panky,

You sound like a good canidate. Do you have a PHP/MySQL TGP?

To answer your questions:

1) The intention is to automatically review galleries as they are posted to a TGP, but your TGP can do whatever it wants to with the gallery. EZ4U will simply return a pass/fail status (per your settings), along with all the other info mentioned above.

2a) Yes the script accepts a normal HTML form submission.

2b) The script has a setting to either build a thumbnail (picked randomly) at X by Y pixels, or not to build a thumbnail. But ... any input to EZ4U is preserved. So, if the submit form included a thumbnail upload, then EZ4U would preserve the entire input form submisison (including the user supplied thumbnail).

2c) Yes, the script uses 'description' and 'category' input fields to best guess a category, and to build indexable keywords & word weights.

3) The galleries are not scored by 'thumbnail creation', I was thinking of general features of the script when I listed that ...

4) The evaluation is indiscriminant of partner status, etc. Again, if your submit form contains extra fields, those fields are preserved for your further use. So your TGP can still check for a partner form field, or anything else.

5) Yes, if a page changes it will be detected upon review.

I hope this helps,
Shane

Surfn
07-15-2006, 02:53 AM
Are you the same person that owned/ran the EZ4U site in the early 00's and offered galleries by niche to TGP owners?

gemini420
07-15-2006, 04:04 AM
Hi Surfn,

Yes, that is me. I am glad that you remembered that version of EZ4U.

Unfortunately, a load of cheaters brought the original EZ4U service to an end.

Hope all is well,
Shane

Surfn
07-15-2006, 06:49 AM
Hi Surfn,

Yes, that is me. I am glad that you remembered that version of EZ4U.

Unfortunately, a load of cheaters brought the original EZ4U service to an end.

Hope all is well,
Shane
Cheaters have changed both the TGP and the LL world. I look forward to the pendulum swinging the other way. :)

neilrbowen
07-15-2006, 07:02 AM
Hi Shane,

When i made something todo somehting along these lines i found it useful to create a list of the 100 most common words, for example, teen, mature, gay, and evaluate how many different words apear on the gallery.
The higher the number that apear the more likely the gallery is using keyword spamming, so if people are going to use the results to allow users to search their site this rating would be handy to know ;)