PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Question: Promoting a Text TGP

rick
06-13-2006, 03:09 AM
I recently started a categorized text TGP, http://www.bucketoffuck.com.

I was wondering if I could get some thoughts on how much/what type of traffic I should be feeding it to get it started. I've purchased about 3-5K/day, a mixture of text resell from choker and 404 from buyfpctraffic, for a week (avg 80-160% prod).

Also, I understand that I should be trading only with other similar sites, but I am having difficulty finding these. Is it advantageous to trade traffic with a large number of sites?

Brav
06-13-2006, 01:04 PM
I think what you have going there is a good start in regards to traffic, just need to get some more trades in there to really make it beneficial.

As for finding similar sites, find 1, then check out all the sites on that one sites toplist (if it has one), and Im sure you will find other sites that way. You can repeat that process with the other sites as well.

I think that site would trade fine with any other text TGP, and even though thumbs have becomg popular there are still quite a few text tgp's out there.

Now if that site became the full categorized tgp (Im talking about the 200 different categories sort of thing) I would want to find trades similar, but once again it would still trade decently with any text TGP>

the Shemp
06-13-2006, 03:30 PM
I recently started a categorized text TGP, http://www.bucketoffuck.com.

I was wondering if I could get some thoughts on how much/what type of traffic I should be feeding it to get it started. I've purchased about 3-5K/day, a mixture of text resell from choker and 404 from buyfpctraffic, for a week (avg 80-160% prod).

Also, I understand that I should be trading only with other similar sites, but I am having difficulty finding these. Is it advantageous to trade traffic with a large number of sites?

i would move your toplist to the top of the page...
also dont be afraid to add a hardlink trade within your gallery links, for example "Buckets hot site of the day" which could be directly linked to your top trade...

rick
06-13-2006, 06:47 PM
Thank you for your comments. I moved the toplist and added the top site hardlink. Now I am going to search for trades.

just need to get some more trades in there to really make it beneficial.
One thing concerns me, however, if I add more trades should I also increase the feeder? Are there enough sites out there that will accept small trades < 50/day? Or do you think there will be enough traffic increase as a result of adding these trades to feed them at an acceptable level?

As for finding similar sites, find 1, then check out all the sites on that one sites toplist (if it has one), and Im sure you will find other sites that way. You can repeat that process with the other sites as well.
Do you think there is an advantage to spreading out your trades (i.e., trying to find trades that are not on your own trades' trade lists)?

neilrbowen
06-14-2006, 09:33 AM
The key as with any succesful website is to build up bookmarkers.

Its easier to do with sites with good descriptions to the galleries it seams than just "pot luck" catagory links.

I would keep your feeder traffic lowish for a month or two while you get the hang of everything and get the site optimised :) then just buy as much as you can afford.

neilrbowen
06-14-2006, 09:35 AM
Do you think there is an advantage to spreading out your trades (i.e., trying to find trades that are not on your own trades' trade lists)?

Yes :) the more you spread out the trades the more different visitors you will recieve rather than some that you will already have had come through.

Brav
06-14-2006, 01:53 PM
One thing concerns me, however, if I add more trades should I also increase the feeder? Are there enough sites out there that will accept small trades < 50/day? Or do you think there will be enough traffic increase as a result of adding these trades to feed them at an acceptable level?

I don't think increasing the feeder would be necesary right now. 5k is a decent base to start with. Right now concentrate on finding good quality "permenant" trades. You will need to keep track of your stats and make judgment calls on your own about increasing the feeder or not, if you get a certain amount of trades going and notice your script just isn't returning to some of them you may need to bump up the feeder a bit.

Once you get a good base of permenant trades that return productive traffic and you have built up some bookmarkers go nuts with the feeder.

Yes. Exactly what neil said, try surfing through sites. Hunt down sites that you like and are interested in trading with, my idea of clicking links on a sites toplist didnt mean sticking to one your trading with. When you find a site you like, check out some of the sites they trade with, and so on.. not only can you find other sites to trade with but you can also get an idea of what kind of traffic that site is getting..

rick
06-18-2006, 08:12 PM
I have a couple more questions. The first one applies to text sites in general the second to my site specificaly.

1)What, in your experiences, has been the most productive and economical type of feeder traffic for a text TGP? And what is the best place to buy it?

2)I currently have a page with my high quality galleries (these don't rotate much as there are very few of them) as my index.shtml. Now that my site has been around for a few weeks, and I probably have some return traffic. Should I now make the index be the daily (generally lower quality) galleries?

Thanks again for your help.

the Shemp
06-22-2006, 02:48 AM
I have a couple more questions. The first one applies to text sites in general the second to my site specificaly.

1)What, in your experiences, has been the most productive and economical type of feeder traffic for a text TGP? And what is the best place to buy it?

2)I currently have a page with my high quality galleries (these don't rotate much as there are very few of them) as my index.shtml. Now that my site has been around for a few weeks, and I probably have some return traffic. Should I now make the index be the daily (generally lower quality) galleries?

Thanks again for your help.

1. honestly, buying traffic is a lottery...any traffic you buy will be something that has been discarded by another site...

2. quality does build bookmarkers, so make sure your first few gallery listings are the best quality ones.