PDA

View Full Version : What options are there out there?

Mr. Goat
06-08-2006, 03:35 AM
Other then wordpress? is it even worth wile to use something else since everyone seems to use wordpress?

twan
06-08-2006, 03:54 AM
Of course there is Thumblogger:
http://www.thumblogger.com/

A free blog hosting service in business for over 1,5 years and used by many adult blog webmasters. It contains all the features you could ever wish to make the blogging as time efficient as possible. Maybe the best feature is that it is a established blogging service which can be trusted.

Many people are using it to expand their blogging network, which also contain wordpress blogs that are hosted on their own servers.

Jace
06-08-2006, 04:09 AM
there are a bunch of options

b2evolution
Nucleus
pMachine Free
WordPress
MSN Spaces
LiveJournal
MovableType
TypePad

and a few others, but as far as ease of use and customizing, wordpress wins hands down

Reppy
06-08-2006, 04:12 AM
I guess it comes down to whether or not you want to learn a different system.

If you get proficient in one and can do it blindfolded why change?

Though that might be the best time to expand and learn, when you know Wordpress inside out. There may be features in the others that you can utilise. Or even dump Wordpress altogether.

Thumblogger is an option I guess for not having too many eggs in the one IP basket.

I have a MySpace page. Which I am actually using the blog function to do a regular blog.

Its given me a chance to tap into all kinds of people. Particularly celebrities.

There are real celebs using MySpace. You can pretty much pick them. A fan sign is a good way to verify authenticity or they have a link from their official site to their MySpace page.

I got a message off of Billy Sheehan*. He liked my (ASCII) artwork and asked me to email it to him as a jpeg image :D

* For those of you who don't know who Billy Sheehan is he's the bassist from Mr Big, David Lee Roth's band and Talas. One of the best bassists in the world.

Jace
06-08-2006, 04:16 AM
if thumblogger was supported in rss2blog I would use it up in a heartbeat for sure

Tim
06-08-2006, 12:25 PM
I have also used CuteNews which is simple enough

bangman
06-08-2006, 01:30 PM
I have heard good things about B2E and MT, but really WordPress has the absolute best support and extensions available, not to mention that it is free.

The expandability of WP surprises me every single day. The code is easy to learn, and once you have it down you can do just about anything you would ever need to do with your blog.

It wouldn't hurt to look at other solutions, but in my opinion there is no reason to move from WP. If WP doesn't have a function you need then 99% of the time there is a quick plugin for it, or you can get a custom one done pretty thanks to the API and the simplicity of the coding structure.

The New Guy
06-08-2006, 01:40 PM
Is there any reason on why WordPress is so popular amoung all the others?

bangman
06-08-2006, 02:59 PM
Is there any reason on why WordPress is so popular amoung all the others?
1. It's free.
2. It's support and flexibility are far better than any other.
3. It's very easy to install and use.

dizmo
06-08-2006, 03:40 PM
if thumblogger was supported in rss2blog I would use it up in a heartbeat for sure
What do you think of rss2blog, and any other if u have used any?
As you are a fellow psk'er I'd rather hear from you than all those gfy threads where the topic seem to be up now and then.

Jace
06-08-2006, 04:26 PM
What do you think of rss2blog, and any other if u have used any?
As you are a fellow psk'er I'd rather hear from you than all those gfy threads where the topic seem to be up now and then.

yeah, when you start a rss2blog post over on gfy, the Chio lovers tend to come and praise his software, and you can never really get a straight answer out of chio as to what makes his better than rss2blog. I just started using rss2b recently and I love it, it has so many options and ways of posting it is rediculous....i can chat more with you on icq about it if you want

Baxter
06-08-2006, 05:24 PM
where do you find this rss2blog you speak of

Jace
06-08-2006, 05:30 PM
where do you find this rss2blog you speak of
guess... :)

www.rss2blog.com

twan
06-08-2006, 05:57 PM
Can anyone give a example of a blog created (eh: feeded) with rss2blog?
I'm curious about the quality of these blogs.

Thanks. :hello:

Jace
06-08-2006, 06:08 PM
Can anyone give a example of a blog created (eh: feeded) with rss2blog?
I'm curious about the quality of these blogs.

Thanks. :hello:
everyone always asks that, and to be honest there is no set way a blog "is" when created with rss2blog, everything about the blogs that it posts to are completely up to you to tweak. every blog I have is created with rss2blog

the thing people don't understand is that rss2blog is a automatic blog posting tool, so what is posted is completely up to you

Baxter
06-08-2006, 06:44 PM
well i guess for right now ill do them all by hand.... im not ready to dump 300 bucks on something im not sure i can use ....only becasue im not the brightest crayon in the box...:)

edit: i see its not 534 bucks as it said that on the first link i clicked on

twan
06-09-2006, 10:10 AM
everyone always asks that, and to be honest there is no set way a blog "is" when created with rss2blog, everything about the blogs that it posts to are completely up to you to tweak. every blog I have is created with rss2blog

the thing people don't understand is that rss2blog is a automatic blog posting tool, so what is posted is completely up to you
Aha :) Let's ask the question in other words: can you or someone else show his best blog created with rss2blog? I'm just curious how it looks like, cause i never (i think) had one of those blogs submitted to my directories.

dizmo
06-09-2006, 12:02 PM
yeah, when you start a rss2blog post over on gfy, the Chio lovers tend to come and praise his software, and you can never really get a straight answer out of chio as to what makes his better than rss2blog. I just started using rss2b recently and I love it, it has so many options and ways of posting it is rediculous....i can chat more with you on icq about it if you want
exactly!

hitting you up now :)

dizmo
06-09-2006, 12:03 PM
Aha :) Let's ask the question in other words: can you or someone else show his best blog created with rss2blog? I'm just curious how it looks like, cause i never (i think) had one of those blogs submitted to my directories.
the best ones are the ones that you think are not built with a tool such as rss2blog.

Jace
06-09-2006, 03:48 PM

sure, http://www.alexislyn.com

and trust me, you have had blogs submitted that use rss2blog, you just don't know it :)

twan
06-09-2006, 05:37 PM
sure, http://www.alexislyn.com

and trust me, you have had blogs submitted that use rss2blog, you just don't know it :)
Thanks for the link, those blogs are good adult blogs if you ask me. I was worried about that they were just blogs with a couple sentences from a rss feed only made to spam a SE. That ofcourse is one of the targets, but with some blogs you really see it. Ah well, you probably know what i mean :)

About thumblogger and rss2blog, if the software supports blogger then it is likely that it supports thumblogger, thumblogger does support blogger api v1:
http://www.thumblogger.com/blogapi/
But i never used or seen rss2blog so don't kill me if i'm mistaking. mrblue

If your serious post a question on the support forum and i'll add the missing features if rss2blog doesn't support the current thumblogger.