PDA

View Full Version : Got Jury duty tomorrow morning...

AbulletAway
06-06-2006, 01:10 PM
I got a notice while I was in Florida. Since I wasn't home, I didn't get it and couldn't make it. Now they sent me this letter to my old addy that I just happened to get as it didn't get forwarded my old landlord called and let me know so I had to go pick up. The letter is all threatening and shit. You have failed to appear; therefore you are hereby summoned to appear for jury service. Now it also says to call the night before to make sure I still need to go. I'm glad the court system has a good command of the English language. So, I'm gonna go down in there even if the call the night before says I don't need to be there. I am gonna find out who's the top dog there and get my named removed from the list once and for all.

Now, I actually wouldn't mind serving on a jury, I did it once when I was 18. It was really interesting, but, they are never gonna pick me. No matter how correctly I answer the questions, as soon as they ask me if there's any reason I can't serve or any thing I feel the court should know, they're gonna dismiss me. And, no I'm tired of getting these fucking threats so I'm gonna find the right person at the court and explain it to them in terms these fucking idiots can understand.

XxXotic
06-06-2006, 01:12 PM
anytime they ask a question just say "guilty" usually gets you booted quick

AbulletAway
06-06-2006, 01:15 PM
I don't have to make stuff up to get booted, I just give them the brief details of my past and they politely excuse me.

KRM
06-06-2006, 01:16 PM
I just moon everybody to get out of jury duty:)

Dario
06-06-2006, 01:18 PM
that sucks man ... just do what Kevin does, be yourself and they´ll throw you out on your ass ^^

KRM
06-06-2006, 01:19 PM
I don't have to make stuff up to get booted, I just give them the brief details of my past and they politely excuse me.

I got to start using that I used to be a serial killer defence.

Extreme Robyn
06-06-2006, 02:41 PM
I've never had to go to Jury Duty.. and I honestly hope I never have too.

ivo68
06-06-2006, 02:43 PM
Yeah, I remeber, you were convicted for armed bank robbery 11 years ago. :rolleyes:

laura99
06-06-2006, 02:44 PM
I haven't had to go yet, I'm sure someday I will.

Reppy
06-06-2006, 07:19 PM
Masturbate when you get your chance to sit in the jury box.

That'll usually get you outta there, and a chance to sit a little closer to the judge when your own trial comes up.

Seven888
06-06-2006, 07:50 PM
Good thing I never done it.. knock on wood

Angel
06-06-2006, 10:11 PM
I got called once but I was still in school...I don't even know if I can since i'm not a citizen.