PDA

View Full Version : Shemp

abe
04-06-2006, 04:08 AM
I just saw that a sponsor I promote with a no popup link now has a popup on his signup page (not on his tour).
I tried to telephone them but they don't answer (quite normal as they live PST). But I call them back in 9 houres or so.
I prefer not to mention the sponsor as it might be a glitch from their part.
I hope you don't devaluate my account when you script would detect this.
I'll post again when I know more.
If you want, I can PM you the sponsor.

the Shemp
04-06-2006, 04:35 AM
I just saw that a sponsor I promote with a no popup link now has a popup on his signup page (not on his tour).
I tried to telephone them but they don't answer (quite normal as they live PST). But I call them back in 9 houres or so.
I prefer not to mention the sponsor as it might be a glitch from their part.
I hope you don't devaluate my account when you script would detect this.
I'll post again when I know more.
If you want, I can PM you the sponsor.

thanks for letting me know, Abe..

Lee2
04-06-2006, 06:32 AM
Abe, I just double checked my links and couldnt get the pop-up. What I did get is the join page opening in a new window though, but no consoles (Im on console free too)

Lee2
04-06-2006, 06:41 AM
Im getting on to the sponsor as well just in case my pop-up blocker is stopping it. I just pray they dont give the answer "well you get credit from it" which is the absolute worst answer its possible to give.

abe
04-06-2006, 06:47 AM
Stouch, I looked at the popup. And the webmaster get credit. It goes to a bunch of 1$ sites with your id in it.
So I'm afraid that this is just what they will tell :(

My popup blocker stopped it by the way, but I heared it and unblocked the signup page.

rockhard8
04-06-2006, 06:52 AM
out the sponsor, off with their heads, j/k, but seriously, hope i don't use them, are they a big well known program?

abe
04-06-2006, 07:00 AM
It's not a real big program. But it ?is/was? not to bad for me. Good average.

the Shemp
04-06-2006, 03:02 PM
is it just a single popup that the surfer can close, or is it a console hell ?

abe
04-06-2006, 03:12 PM
It's just a single popup. I looked better now. That popup promotes exactly the same sites as the normal signup page ... style signup for 1 and you get them all.

They still dont answer the telephone. But here is the url: http://www.abesbeauties.com/gal/mature/h036/cat/galanr.htm
Could you look if you get the popup. Stouch doesn't get it. It might be a geo thing.

the Shemp
04-06-2006, 03:20 PM
It's just a single popup. I looked better now. That popup promotes exactly the same sites as the normal signup page ... style signup for 1 and you get them all.

They still dont answer the telephone. But here is the url: http://www.abesbeauties.com/gal/mature/h036/cat/galanr.htm
Could you look if you get the popup. Stouch doesn't get it. It might be a geo thing.

i get one pop off the signup page..easy to close it..

Mr. Blue
04-06-2006, 03:22 PM
abe you only get the popup on the join page? I don't think anyone would even notice that as I only check the first page for consoles...not the join pages.

abe
04-06-2006, 03:37 PM
It's on the su page only indeed Mr Blue.
But I remember that a year or so ago Twistys had that too. And it was a problem for some tgp's. After that Twistys offered a complete console free tour.

What do you think Shemp? Is this a problem for you?
I want to upgrade soon and not downgrade :)

To be honest, when they give special console free links, then I expect there to be 0 (zero) popups.

Lee2
04-06-2006, 03:39 PM
Hmm me too, Im a little unhappy about this. Ive found out why I didnt get it - Firefox.

LFCII
04-06-2006, 05:33 PM
Hi,

May I ask a question please?

I quess I am missing something here. Why the pop to sell the same site. I kind of understand the thinking, but, why not just make the trail a buck to start and some text about multiple sites on the SU page. POPs must sell like crazy... or is it you are crazy using pops. I hate pops and will not return to a site that has them. I am starting to think selling cold coconuts on the beach might work better for me.

Les

the Shemp
04-06-2006, 05:42 PM
It's on the su page only indeed Mr Blue.
But I remember that a year or so ago Twistys had that too. And it was a problem for some tgp's. After that Twistys offered a complete console free tour.

What do you think Shemp? Is this a problem for you?
I want to upgrade soon and not downgrade :)

To be honest, when they give special console free links, then I expect there to be 0 (zero) popups.

honestly i dont have a problem with that...however, the script will, if its set to do a deep search..it will delete the gallery before i even see it..

Actorguy
04-06-2006, 07:01 PM
I started clicking through to sponsors from galleries...and I can deal with 1...but full screen....multiple pops.....are simply shit!