PDA

View Full Version : Business Question about Content.

LadyMischief
07-19-2003, 08:40 PM
When you're buying content.. what do you look for in the ultimate content set. Do you look at the contact sheets? Or do you buy straight off the samples? How many pictures does your ultimate content set have? What kind of poses? More closeups? more or less clothed? Out with it!

LadyMischief
07-19-2003, 08:57 PM
I do want answers to this! There will be a quiz on monday!

Mr. Goat
07-19-2003, 09:20 PM
i generaly buy from the samples....

i do look at the contact to see the picture layouts, like personaly becasue generaly my pics are used for galleries i look for VERTICAL pics to be the mass of the content aswell i have to find the girl hot i will not stand to look at uglies while i work!

Rictor
07-19-2003, 09:41 PM
If I'm building a niche site, I usually buy everything a site has in a certain niche unless it really sucks.

ultrasassy
07-19-2003, 10:30 PM
Wide veriety. like maybe 25% with some part of clothing on, then with a nice veriety of poses. alot of shots i like them to be full framed with nothing cut off like their heads arms ect for designing. umm Not tooo many closeups maybe 4%

LadyMischief
07-19-2003, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by ultrasassy
Wide veriety. like maybe 25% with some part of clothing on, then with a nice veriety of poses. alot of shots i like them to be full framed with nothing cut off like their heads arms ect for designing. umm Not tooo many closeups maybe 4%

Yeah designers have different needs than people who don't need design-friendly pics...

And that's a good point, Rictor.. a lot of people content-shop that way.

Ok, now here's another question. Take your favorite content provider now.. Now tell me what it is that you would like to improve about them. Don't tell me WHo they are.. but tell me the one thing (or more if you like) that you would change about them.. their sets? Variety? something about their site as a whole? Customer service? Anything.. Go nuts here.

Mr. Goat
07-20-2003, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by LadyMischief
Ok, now here's another question. Take your favorite content provider now.. Now tell me what it is that you would like to improve about them.

I would like them to start giving me free content... :)

LadyMischief
07-20-2003, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by mailman
I would like them to start giving me free content... :)

ha ha. :P

Rictor
07-20-2003, 01:21 AM
I like the selection at Web Legal but the site is annoying to use. You have to log in with Adult Check to view the samples, the procedure to buy sets seems overly complicated, and you have to snail mail contracts.

Ounique has a good selection of most fetishes. Wide selection of fetish content is good.

LadyMischief
07-20-2003, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by Rictor
I like the selection at Web Legal but the site is annoying to use. You have to log in with Adult Check to view the samples, the procedure to buy sets seems overly complicated, and you have to snail mail contracts.

Ounique has a good selection of most fetishes. Wide selection of fetish content is good.

Yeah for sure and because they broker for a lot of producers they have a lot of variety.

SandManHI
07-20-2003, 01:59 AM
Personally just scan though the face shots till I find something I like, then make my decision on one sample shot (checking quality of photo) and then a look at the thumbs page to ensure that not all of the pics cut off the models feet.

Biggest complaint I have is that I like to get a couple full body shots that I can cut out to integrate into the design of the page I am working on. If there is something cutting off their feet (like the edge of the photo) I have to think about how I am going to work it into the layout which makes things harder.

I also like to see a good majority (not necessarily all) in a vertical shot so it makes it easier to make thumbs (just having to adjust one or two).

BTW, Just joined the board today... Hi Mailman... Glad to see you around again.

Mr. Goat
07-20-2003, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by LadyMischief
ha ha. :P

think im talking about you?

Mr. Goat
07-20-2003, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by SandManHI
BTW, Just joined the board today... Hi Mailman... Glad to see you around again.

Yeah man!.. thanks for poping by!.... :)

Get some pics
07-20-2003, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by mailman
like personaly becasue generaly my pics are used for galleries i look for VERTICAL pics to be the mass of the content

Do you find you get better conversion from vertical pics. I usually try to include some horizontal ones in case the guys are looking for wallpaper and just move on if they don't see any.

SandManHI
07-20-2003, 04:48 AM
Looking for wallpaper?

Hmm.. hope you plugged one of your domains on them then, keep his mind on your site, know what I mean?

Interesting idea though, instead of promoting TGP pages, suggest they come back for a daily wallpaper...

ultrasassy
07-20-2003, 05:57 PM
None of that fucking "signup to view" or give us your email to view shit. :D

wargames
07-20-2003, 06:40 PM
Usually of samples.