View Full Version : Friday Rush Hour Traffic Sucks

laura99
07-18-2003, 06:56 PM
Took me 45 minutes to go 11 miles!!!!!! :mad:

Jackie
07-18-2003, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by laura99
Took me 45 minutes to go 11 miles!!!!!! :mad:

Accident or is it always that way??? OMG and I thought Florida was bad, maybe you should move here...I take all that back LOL PAck and move NOW..get out of there

laura99
07-18-2003, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Jackie
Accident or is it always that way??? OMG and I thought Florida was bad, maybe you should move here...I take all that back LOL PAck and move NOW..get out of there

Well they have the main highways that go through downtown shutdown for a major overhaul so everyone has to go around on the loop (465) and that is was I was on. So there is 3 times as much traffic on there as usual. Been shut down downtown for two months and it's getting ready to reopen sunday I think they said.

Jackie
07-18-2003, 07:34 PM
Sunday mean that you will be fine Monday. Let's hope the schedule is right and not like weathermen (always wrong) :)

laura99
07-18-2003, 07:35 PM
But I do want to move to Florida. So much to do there. Don't think I could ever be bored. I could garden year round! Yay! Where are you in Florida?

Jackie
07-18-2003, 07:48 PM
I am on the West Coast, biggest city around is Tampa, then St. Petersburg. I am about two hours from Micky Mouse = Orlando, 3 hours from Daytona and the Speedway

I like the East Coast Better :)
I lived over there, biggest town around was Daytona. Lots happening there :) I felt I was close to everything

Yes, I do like to garden and like I said, almost every home has a pool

And where is Pookie, it just does not feel right not seeing the baby.

Mr. Goat
07-18-2003, 07:50 PM
Smile!

:pookie:

Jackie
07-18-2003, 07:55 PM
There I feel better seeing Pookie, thank you :)

Laura, I just read the other thread and if you have decided that you are definetly moving to Florida...I would check out Daytona. Its not quiet though.

But there is nothing missing. Not that I can think of :) shop for day LOLOLOLOLOL

The small here don't stay small :(

laura99
07-18-2003, 08:42 PM
Well I'm not a big shopper but I like to have things close. I need the grocery store, best buy (or other stores like it), craft and garden type stores, and a Lowe's or Home Depot near by. Like within 15 or 20 minutes. I want to live in a safe and quiet area, wouldn't mind having retired geezers for neighbors, we are very quiet and don't have kids so we would like the same for neighbors. Could care less about clubs unless I'm shooting content or something there but I'll drive a few hours to that. We would live in a retirement village if we could but I don't think they would let a 26 and a 31 year old in haha.

asuna
07-18-2003, 08:47 PM
Buy a scooter, you cna go between lanes, it's great

Jackie
07-18-2003, 08:53 PM
oh, I can see clearly now.

There are many communities in Florida, they are gated and they have clubhouses and that sounds like it would be what you might like.

I like quiet too and that is where I like it. Usually all come with pools again and if your lucky you get the golf course too...to look or to play. I don't play but I liike to watch and socialize

Yes, your age would fit perfectly :) :) :)

I suggest Daytona because there are many gated communities there.

Every store, you will not find yourself in withdrawel LOL :)))

Also the Airport is new and very close :)))

I wanted to move the the LPGA community...it was new about 9 years ago...very close and great :) I will try to get you places to look at that I know :)

laura99
07-18-2003, 09:05 PM
Don't know if Ryan would go for Daytona, he went there years ago and said it was dirty. I'm sure they've probably fixed it up since then, he would have to see it. I think he wanted a little further south too. I was looking at Port St. Lucie on line, it looks like a charming little town. Has your PGA stuff there ;)

Jackie
07-18-2003, 09:12 PM
I lived exactly in Ormond-By-The-Sea, it was four miles North of Daytona. I would not live Directly in the city of Daytona,,,,just close to. :) That the main City :)

I would live there again, in Ormond, Flager, St. Augustine, finally Palm Coast thats as far as I would go. Believe it or not it is affordable to own a home just across the street from the ocean...well it was 9 years ago :)

Port Lucie, I don't know it :(

Tart, she also live in Florida, South of Daytona, if I remember correctly...catch her :)