PDA

View Full Version : Thumbnails + Parseable list of FHGs?

autopr0n
05-21-2005, 05:55 AM
Hey, I just signed up with MediumPimpin a bit ago because I really like your content, the problem is all my other sponsors provide some sort of list of all the FHGs either on an html page, in a csv file, or a raw text file along with a link to a thumbnail for each one. I actually modified my bot to parse each of the MediumPimpin websites, then spider to all of the galleries and grab a random thumbnail from each gallery to add to my database, the problem is it looks like hotlinking is disabled on all the images including the gallery thumbnails. At this point I would have to continue spidering all ~3000ish galleries, downloading the thumbnails on to my site, and put up with the quality of having grabbed a random image. I'm asking if you can provide any solutions because I really dig the content you guys have and think it can increase my click-through ratios, but as things are I can't make it work reliably.

P.S. If you do get something setup I'll reply back with a PHP parser for it anyone can integrate in to their site.

MP
05-21-2005, 12:44 PM
Our script guy will be back on Monday, I will see what he can do :)

Dario
05-27-2005, 10:09 AM
Yo!

Writing from Kos (Greece) so I can't fix anything right now but YEAH the issue with hotlinking protection has been up before. It's as you know a .htaccess issue so maybe our server admin can hook you up if you set a date ... just disable it for a while so you can run your spider.

As for providing all FHGs on one page, we do that but for each site separately ... I will hook up something better during the summer. (Not fast enough I know)

For now your best shot (Sorry) is to talk to Razor and have him disable the hotlinking protection while you run your spider. The best we could do other then that RIGHT NOW is to give you a random thumb from each gallery in the size 120x160.

Hope it helped, and MP will help you get in contact with Razor if he doesn't see this!

Peace