PDA

View Full Version : Question about my stats

babz4u
05-10-2005, 05:43 PM
I have been running a controlled experiment on a very small new site that I have put up and noticed that the clicks sent to you seem to be only counted sporadically. I noticed this after having purchaced a few thousand clicks and noticed that my medium pimpin stats were far lower than I expected based on the traffic I sent. Any idea what might be going on? I have checked all the link codes and they look right, If they were toally broken then nothing should show up. right?

Thanks

MP
05-10-2005, 06:14 PM
What are we talking here, I need some examples, do you mean you have paid traffic to a site that has links to us, or did you send traffic to a hosted page?

Is the click through low, or is something else wrong?

babz4u
05-10-2005, 06:36 PM
Hopefully I am looking at this the right way. My understanding is that my click stats should go up every time someone clicks on the entrace page to one of your sites from one of the free hosted galleries. I sent at least 3000 clicks to your free hosted galleries from one of my sites and my click stats only are reflecting 119 clicks with no sign ups. Does this sound about right or too low?
Any help you could give would be great.

Thanks

MP
05-10-2005, 07:19 PM
Ok so you have 3000 page views of our hosted pages, which out of 3000 119 clicked to see the tour. Your click through ratio is higher then average, but without knowing what kind of traffic this is I cant comment on the ratios. Can you send me a link were the hosted are listed?

babz4u
05-10-2005, 07:44 PM
Thanks, if I am understanding you, you are saying that 3000:119 is good but the sales conversions are something that you need more info on. Most of the test traffic I sent through was from choker traffic, a blend of skimmed traffic from multiple free sites using their trading software. Productivity was a little higher than 100% in terms of page views vs clicks. The traffic came from www.babz4u.com and other similar sites listed at the top of the page. Any comments regarding conversion ratios would be greatly appriciated.

MP
05-10-2005, 08:56 PM
Thanks, if I am understanding you, you are saying that 3000:119 is good but the sales conversions are something that you need more info on. Most of the test traffic I sent through was from choker traffic, a blend of skimmed traffic from multiple free sites using their trading software. Productivity was a little higher than 100% in terms of page views vs clicks. The traffic came from www.babz4u.com and other similar sites listed at the top of the page. Any comments regarding conversion ratios would be greatly appriciated.Well with 119 hits it's hard to tell, most use 5k hits to a sponsor to get a feel for what is going on.

I would post your link on here http://bbs.mediumpimpin.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19

These guys are real strong on TGP traffic, they can give you some tips on what to expect on that kind of traffic :)