PDA

View Full Version : SEO, TGP, and Gallery Pages

Mr. Blue
04-28-2005, 02:44 AM
I’m a little bleary eyed and tired at the moment, so I hope this post is coherent, but had a question about Search Engine Optimization, TGP’s, Galleries, etc.

So, I’m almost done with my first TGP and it’ll go live in 2 days tops. Today I’m uploading my galleries that I’ve made over the last 3 months – roughly 400 of them. A TGP should be prime SEO type stuff, especially if you’ve made your own galleries and have them all in subfolders on one domain. In theory google will see this as one “big” page and will give it a higher PR and also give it a bit more relevance in search queries.

Now, this is what would happen, but then I started thinking about google penalizing for duplicate pages. Basically it’s like spamming the index having multiple pages with only slight variation (recips). Since I submit pages to 90 TGP’s each day and they get accepted by almost all daily…so basically I’m shooting myself in the foot because I’m getting this duplicate webpage penalty.

So…is there a solution to this? I was thinking about this and came up with the following. For all the galleries that I submit I use a meta-tag META NAME="robots" CONTENT="none"…this should stop the google spider from reading the page, hence it wouldn’t give me the duplicate page. Then I do the regular optimized gallery page for maybe one of the TGP’s that I submit to, Shemp for example. This gives me a link to his page, that’s only linked at that page, and should boost me in the search engines?

Is it worth doing? Has anyone tried it? Is it better to let google surf over the duplicate pages? Or do I just need sleep? lol.

Mr. Blue
04-28-2005, 03:03 AM
Hmm, I was tired...now that I think about this (As I brushed my teeth, lol)...this probably wouldn't be fair to the tgp's that I submit to if I use the no index meta tag. Bah, okay, bad idea.

Brav
04-28-2005, 03:14 AM
I wonder if the autosubmit programs or whatever people used created an option to make slight modifications to each pages html it would help with the "duplicate" page issue with the SE's.

For example, uses different Alt tags for images, and inserts different keywords and text at specified locations on the page....

I really dont know if it would work but its an idea (might already exist)

hjnet
04-28-2005, 11:24 AM
I wonder if the autosubmit programs or whatever people used created an option to make slight modifications to each pages html it would help with the "duplicate" page issue with the SE's.

For example, uses different Alt tags for images, and inserts different keywords and text at specified locations on the page....

That wouldn't be enough to avoid duplicate content filters.

Generally I think it's not possible to avoid that with TGP Galleries, so just see SEO as the icing on the cake for Galleries, and if you want to focus more on SEO make some FreeSites.

Mr. Blue
04-28-2005, 11:30 AM

That's a thought. I'm wondering how much Google penalizes for duplicates. I haven't seen many adult sites with a very high PR. Shemp has a 4, The Hun has a 5...when you think of how much daily traffic / linkbacks they have...if they were mainstream pages they would be somewhere in the PR7 at least.

Was wondering if its just google not liking adult pages or us hitting on something that sets their algorithms off. Are there any PR7 Adult sites?

Mr. Blue
04-28-2005, 11:34 AM
That wouldn't be enough to avoid duplicate content filters.

Generally I think it's not possible to avoid that with TGP Galleries, so just see SEO as the icing on the cake for Galleries, and if you want to focus more on SEO make some FreeSites.

Even LL's, which you think would do better with google, still have pretty low PR considering how many pages / crosslinking they have. Feasibly a TGP owner, that submits pages, that uses the same domain...i.e. has the gallers in subfolders on that domain, should do decently in the google system.

hjnet
04-28-2005, 01:52 PM
Even LL's, which you think would do better with google, still have pretty low PR considering how many pages / crosslinking they have. Feasibly a TGP owner, that submits pages, that uses the same domain...i.e. has the gallers in subfolders on that domain, should do decently in the google system.

LikLists do better by far, you also have to consider that they use ~50 Niche Specific Recips, so on a TGP everybody is linking to one page, a LinkList has to split these inbound links by 50 Categories.
And PR isn't so important, relevant incomming Links are even better :)

Brav
04-28-2005, 01:56 PM
That's a thought. I'm wondering how much Google penalizes for duplicates. I haven't seen many adult sites with a very high PR. Shemp has a 4, The Hun has a 5...when you think of how much daily traffic / linkbacks they have...if they were mainstream pages they would be somewhere in the PR7 at least.

Was wondering if its just google not liking adult pages or us hitting on something that sets their algorithms off. Are there any PR7 Adult sites?

Im still not sure if IM a follower of this PR thing, I have pages with PR 5 and I think one or two with PR 6 and I see no difference from the PR 2 pages, I know it all depends on how you use the PR to your benefit but I have yet to be able to do that...lol

Mr. Blue
04-28-2005, 02:41 PM
Im still not sure if IM a follower of this PR thing, I have pages with PR 5 and I think one or two with PR 6 and I see no difference from the PR 2 pages, I know it all depends on how you use the PR to your benefit but I have yet to be able to do that...lol

I've noticed the same. I mean I have tons of mainstream pages, most 4, 5, and a few 6's, but one of my best pages is a little PR3 that gets tons of traffic cause it was mostly text page.

I was wondering how much time I should put into optimizing my gallery pages. Right now I mainly just throw in some basic keywords that would agree with the body sales text. Now that I'm going to start pushing them in my own TGP...I wonder if I should take the time to do more here or if it's just wasted effort.

lol maybe I've just seen too many "I have a PR4 and want to trade with a PR4" type threads where I'm starting to buy into this PR theory.

Brav
04-28-2005, 02:59 PM
I dont waste too much time opimizing galleries, I do try some stuff for a while, then after some time I change a few things on new galleries. For the most part I get a little long term traffic from the SE's to them, but Im not really concerned about getting big top spots for them, although that would be nice if it did happen.

Id still try an optimize them, but I wouldnt put all your time and effort into it. Just try some things, see the results and make changes if needed.

the Shemp
04-28-2005, 03:19 PM
i get PR penalized for having a warning page..
the good news is that PR has no reflection on "income"

Mr. Blue
04-28-2005, 03:53 PM
i get PR penalized for having a warning page..
the good news is that PR has no reflection on "income"

lol that's all I needed to see.