PDA

View Full Version : Another question for all of you...

Brav
04-06-2005, 10:05 PM
A post by Stouch made me wonder this...

If you come across a gallery or something that is using content from one sponsor to promote another do you do anything about it? Do you contact the sponsors involved?

I usually contact both sponsors involved (the one being promoted and the one whos content is being used) and let them do what they feel is justified.

Lee2
04-06-2005, 10:17 PM
Well the content in question is of a friend and colleague who runs her own site. We did some digging and a hacked user/pw was found one a password trading board so the guy has obviously gone into her members area, downloaded it all and is now pushing the other sponsor.

Needless to say she has been onto the other sponsor in question and I will be distinctly unimpressed if they dont can the guys account. We await developments from them with baited breath.

She has also been onto the host I believe but these scumballs always seem to cover that base.

Panky
04-06-2005, 10:34 PM
If I catch someone doing it, I'll drop an email or ICQ to the sponsors and let them deal with it.

MP
04-06-2005, 10:38 PM
I will term the account instantly if they are with us, no excuses for theft. Normally people steal our content for other sites since we have allot.

Toker
04-07-2005, 01:04 AM
Well the content in question is of a friend and colleague who runs her own site. We did some digging and a hacked user/pw was found one a password trading board so the guy has obviously gone into her members area, downloaded it all and is now pushing the other sponsor.

Needless to say she has been onto the other sponsor in question and I will be distinctly unimpressed if they dont can the guys account. We await developments from them with baited breath.

She has also been onto the host I believe but these scumballs always seem to cover that base.

Wasn't that this ass that was stealing the content?..Domain Name: BRUNETTE-FUCKING.COM

This is what happened to him, we got him another way!
THE FEDERAL Trade Commission have shut down an outfit that it claims marketed vapourware called Spyware Assassin.

And that was prompted by some urging from ThePlanet.com after a few
phone calls..

Brav
04-07-2005, 02:51 PM
I will term the account instantly if they are with us, no excuses for theft. Normally people steal our content for other sites since we have allot.

Thats what needs to be done, being blacklisted from sites isnt enough they need to be cut off at the source of income. Thats one reason I send an e-mail to both sponsors involved (owner of stolen content and the sponsor being promoted) in hopes that both parties involved will do something about it.