PDA

View Full Version : I need ideas for raising $

MarkE
09-24-2003, 07:41 PM
I need ideas for raising $ for this wheelchair, any ideas will be awesome!!
I have raised $1000 so far in my hometown but have a long ways to go.
http://www.independencenow.com/iglide/index.html

StuartD
09-24-2003, 07:47 PM
This is kind of a radical idea... but... how about doing work?

MarkE
09-24-2003, 07:53 PM
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm,,,, thanks

MP
09-24-2003, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by jact
That's too far off the wall. Sixteen hours a day is not enough for you guys? Sixteen hours in a wheelchair not able to go get up and walk it off?

I spent a year in the hospital once, in traction then 6 months in a body cast I would not wish that on anybody.

MarkE
09-24-2003, 07:58 PM
You call that begging asking for an idea, i did not ask you for money . i spent the last 7 years in front of this PC working my ass off for my kids. I just need ideas because i was never one to use or cheat the system.

StuartD
09-24-2003, 08:01 PM
I guess I'm just really tired of all the begging I'm seeing lately. It seems pretty endless. If the biz isn't panning out, go elsewhere and apply at McD's, don't beg.

that's my thoughts.... see, he didn't say it was for him... he said he's just raising the money for a wheelchair. Could be for the community old folks home for all I know. Or it could be just to hit the local skateboard ramps for fun.... who knows.

And secondly... wheel chair or not... I feel remorse for someone being stuck in a chair and not being able to walk, but I also don't see how someone in a wheel chair can't do just as much business as the rest of us keyboard warriors who spend 20 hours a day in our office chairs at our computer.

I help out people every single day, regardless of what their situation is.... and I don't really need to be guilted or pitied into it on a daily basis.

When I didn't eat for a week straight during the Christmas holidays, I wasn't on the boards asking for donations.

Not to belittle your situation/request MarkE... it's just unfortunate timing... your post comes after way to many charity cases in a row.

XxXotic
09-24-2003, 08:03 PM
I guess I'm just really tired of all the begging I'm seeing lately. It seems pretty endless. If the biz isn't panning out, go elsewhere and apply at McD's, don't beg. exactly, don't get me wrong, i feel bad that there are people who can't walk... but this *IS* a business, some people fail.... some people succeed...

if you get a job as a baker... and dont make any money, are you publically going to beg for money or look for work in another business where you might makes some?

people bust their asses 16-20 hours a day for what? to provide handouts for people who can't generate income? if you're not making money, find another line of work. it's like people begging for change at circle-k... makes you different how? cuz you're begging on a computer?

Mr. Goat
09-24-2003, 08:07 PM
how much does the chair cost??

Razor
09-24-2003, 08:08 PM
As My Partner MarkE said, he didn't ask anyone for money. He only asked for Ideas.

It is quite apparently by the post in this thread, that those of you that have made it in this business, have apparently grown heartless to help those in the FAMILY.

Razor

XxXotic
09-24-2003, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by razor
As My Partner MarkE said, he didn't ask anyone for money. He only asked for Ideas.

It is quite apparently by the post in this thread, that those of you that have made it in this business, have apparently grown heartless to help those in the FAMILY.

Razor thats a crock of shit, i'm hardly a huge success, big player, whatever you wanna call it. but asking other people for ideas might as well be asking them for money too. people, regardless of income or handicap put in work for their earnings, whether it be 20 mill or 20 dollars a year. what makes begging for ideas or money on a bbs any different then begging for change at a gas station?

is this a business or a charity?

MarkE
09-24-2003, 08:12 PM
$8000
And let me see you all above me break both your legs and get to a job on your own, i am now a wining type or begging, i am sorry I bothered to ask a simple question to a bunch of hardheads the look at it as a scam or some big plot to take your money.

StuartD
09-24-2003, 08:12 PM

Razor

who's family?

I have a cat.... I could use a wheelchair to let me cat sleep in.

Give me an idea here.... who is the wheelchair for? him? his "kids"? Are his kids part of a youth center or his actual children? How much is the wheelchair? Is he raising money for just 1 wheelchair or has he been doing this for a while and needs to keep raising money continuously.

Give me details because I don't make it a practice of just throwing out time, ideas or money.... as you put it... to just anyone who comes and asks for it without giving me a reason.

Tell ya what... I really need to get my teeth cleaned.. it's been a while... perhaps I should get you... since you're a part of my family, to toss me some money or ideas on how I could get that paid for?

MarkE
09-24-2003, 08:15 PM
XxXotic
Because this is like home to me it has been for a long ass time, we all do the same thing, your site goes down for a few days and you need help getting traffic back i am there no questions asked. you need help getting some contacts shit just ask and i will do all i can. I had the biggest and best help me, and from that point on I have done the same no matter who you are.

MP
09-24-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by StuartD
who's family?

I have a cat.... I could use a wheelchair to let me cat sleep in.

Give me an idea here.... who is the wheelchair for? him? his "kids"? Are his kids part of a youth center or his actual children? How much is the wheelchair? Is he raising money for just 1 wheelchair or has he been doing this for a while and needs to keep raising money continuously.

Give me details because I don't make it a practice of just throwing out time, ideas or money.... as you put it... to just anyone who comes and asks for it without giving me a reason.

Tell ya what... I really need to get my teeth cleaned.. it's been a while... perhaps I should get you... since you're a part of my family, to toss me some money or ideas on how I could get that paid for? Funny you mention cats, lol Marks run a homeless Cat shelter also, no lie :)

Mr. Goat
09-24-2003, 08:16 PM
well i think this thread got WAY out of Context.

Mark is NOT asking for you to just send him money... nor is he asking for work from any of you.. he is simply looking for ideas or suggestions.

XxXotic
09-24-2003, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by MarkE
$8000
And let me see you all above me break both your legs and get to a job on your own, i am now a wining type or begging, i am sorry I bothered to ask a simple question to a bunch of hardheads the look at it as a scam or some big plot to take your money. its a simple matter of economics

is the wheelchair that is currently being used broken?

if said wheelchair is broken, would a less expensive wheelchair work? or must it be the EZGLIDE 9000? with all the bells and whistles

its like someone who drives a perfectly working 1968 ford fairlane who wants to upgrade to a bmw with all options just for shits and giggles but cant afford it.

do you absolutely NEED an 8000$ wheelchair? or would this 200$ one work just as well?
http://www.northinfinity.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=N&Product_Code=AGUA2000&Category_Code=W

Mr. Goat
09-24-2003, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Medium Pimpin
Funny you mention cats, lol Marks run a homeless Cat shelter also, no lie :)

if i ever had the BLING i would run an operation like that i love animals...

MP
09-24-2003, 08:19 PM
I can understand were most of you guys are coming from I read all the boards and have seen a huge increase of sob stories myself, trust me Mark does not post on other boards or read them, MP is the only one because he is a friend of mine and we have done allot of projects together, this is not a handout. We are not asking for money :)

StuartD
09-24-2003, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by mailman
well i think this thread got WAY out of Context.

Mark is NOT asking for you to just send him money... nor is he asking for work from any of you.. he is simply looking for ideas or suggestions.

Isn't that what I did with my first reply?

The only way I've ever been able to buy anything I wanted or needed was to work and earn the money and then go spend the money.

It's the only answer I have for raising 8 grand for a wheelchair.

XxXotic
09-24-2003, 08:21 PM
XxXotic
Because this is like home to me it has been for a long ass time, we all do the same thing, your site goes down for a few days and you need help getting traffic back i am there no questions asked. you need help getting some contacts shit just ask and i will do all i can. I had the biggest and best help me, and from that point on I have done the same no matter who you are. i have *never* in my life asked for a handout, or asked for help. if my sites go down, guess what that's my problem... not everyone else's. i dont go begging for traffic, or begging for anything. hell i won an xbox today and GAVE IT AWAY but thats besides the point.

point is, i'm responsible for *my* shit, if my shit goes down i deal with it accordingly, i dont go around asking for handouts, which essentially make take food off their tables or clothes off their kids backs.

if its a simple matter of "hey, my legs are fucked up and i can't walk, i need help" that's fine... you'll find that the majority of people here would jump at the chance to help you

but the fact your like, hey i need an 8000$ wheelchair.... 8000$ are you fucking kidding me? 8000$ better send a jolt through your ass and make you dance a fucking jig too! lets be serious

ok everyone... I need help raising money for a lamborghini... any ideas?

MP
09-24-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by mailman
if i ever had the BLING i would run an operation like that i love animals... I forgot the URL I think his wife has a web page up for it it's pretty cool.
:grrr:

Razor
09-24-2003, 08:22 PM
Which "FAMILY" would that be? I don't know you or MarkE from Adam. Why should I give a fuck?

You should give a fuck because I installed this fucking script up for you to be here spitting your fucking ideas.

Razor

MarkE
09-24-2003, 08:22 PM
Thats my wife and daughter, the do it all volunteer.

MP
09-24-2003, 08:23 PM

The only way I've ever been able to buy anything I wanted or needed was to work and earn the money and then go spend the money.

It's the only answer I have for raising 8 grand for a wheelchair. If I had to sit a chair my whole life I would want the best :D

Mr. Goat
09-24-2003, 08:25 PM

It's the only answer I have for raising 8 grand for a wheelchair.
obviously work :rolleyes: hes not looking for handouts...

but i think that suggestion is pretty open...

he never asked for anything like this http://bbs.mediumpimpin.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2137

Give the guy a break... we are all on the same level here

its just like when someone asks HOW can they turn thier foregin traffic into $$ we give them suggestions..

Now Mark is just asking for some suggestions on how to possibly make some QUICK money in this Biz if it is still possible.

StuartD
If I had to sit a chair my whole life I would want the best :D

Yup, without a doubt... me too. But I know that the only way I'm going to get it is to work my ass off and save up the $ to get it.
No "ideas" or anything from anyone will help out.

That's my only point here. I'd like to have the best of what ever it is I need... but there's just one way... and one way only that I'll ever get it.

MarkE
i cute little site she made to :-)
http://www.petconnectioninc.com

Minte
09-24-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by XxXotic

is this a business or a charity?

I used to think it was a business...anymore I'm not so sure.

Mr. Goat
You should give a fuck because I installed this fucking script up for you to be here spitting your fucking ideas.

Razor

sorry dude same team or not.. thats not cool....

XxXotic

Razor installing vBulletin is like a 3 minute process... that makes you family?

again, its not a question of him asking for help, if he was in a chair and his chair didnt work and couldnt afford a new one i would gladly, out of my own pocket buy him something that would let him go about his day..... and i certainly couldnt afford to do that, but I would

but the fact remains, he's asking about an 8000$ wheelchair....

if you dont have money for a hyundai, dont ask other people to fund your porsche purchase

XxXotic
09-24-2003, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Haywood Jablomi
I used to think it was a business...anymore I'm not so sure. so i hear..... :(

Mr. Goat
09-24-2003, 08:29 PM
closed... went a bit too far for being harmless.

MarkE
09-24-2003, 08:30 PM
do you have any idea what any chair cost what so ever? do you think that what i showed is the best? no that was one I could use and get around more freely

LadyMischief
09-24-2003, 08:30 PM
I think the problem is the fact that MarkE walked in with 90 posts and MOST of us (with the exception of the MP staff) don't know him or razor from Adam. I don't think anyone intended cruelty, but the way it came off was just wrong for those of us who aren't in the know. I don't honestly have time to look up the life stories of every single person that posts on this board. Why? I'm EXTREMELY busy working my ass off. Sure Mark, I can make some suggestions that might help, but if you really want it, it's not going to require any less work than a job you could walk to would. I used to work at a camp where we dealt with handicapped children who would come and ride our horses. I found them no less capable of ANYTHING they put their mind to, dispite their abilities.

As I say, I don't think any offence was intended, but the fact remains, there HAS been a lot of begging lately and people just get jaded and bitter about it. Perhaps, Mark, in the interests of peace, and of course, informing those of us who don't know better, a little more about your situation. Then perhaps nobody will feel the need to make assumptions, as they will have the whole facts :)

LadyMischief
09-24-2003, 08:33 PM
do you have any idea what any chair cost what so ever? do you think that what i showed is the best? no that was one I could use and get around more freely

And yes, we have an invalid grandmother.. we are very aware of how much medical implimentations can cost. Just throw some suggestions out instead about ideas you might have, and we'll all help you decide if they're viable or not, instead of just talking about how awful it is. Don't get me wrong, I'm EXTREMELY empathetic. I spent quite a bit of time in a wheelchair myself due to an incredibly serious riding accident. However, getting negative and defensive isn't going to do anything but make you and everyone else feel awful, we should be looking for positive solutions here :)

MP
09-24-2003, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by LadyMischief
I think the problem is the fact that MarkE walked in with 90 posts and MOST of us (with the exception of the MP staff) don't know him or razor from Adam. I don't think anyone intended cruelty, but the way it came off was just wrong for those of us who aren't in the know. I don't honestly have time to look up the life stories of every single person that posts on this board. Why? I'm EXTREMELY busy working my ass off. Sure Mark, I can make some suggestions that might help, but if you really want it, it's not going to require any less work than a job you could walk to would. I used to work at a camp where we dealt with handicapped children who would come and ride our horses. I found them no less capable of ANYTHING they put their mind to, dispite their abilities.

As I say, I don't think any offence was intended, but the fact remains, there HAS been a lot of begging lately and people just get jaded and bitter about it. Perhaps, Mark, in the interests of peace, and of course, informing those of us who don't know better, a little more about your situation. Then perhaps nobody will feel the need to make assumptions, as they will have the whole facts :) That about sums it up :)

LadyMischief
09-24-2003, 08:41 PM
That about sums it up :)

It's a difficult situation. I love to help people, but on the same hand I've been screwed so many times, you never know who to trust. Threads like this are fine and well and good, but not knowing someone means that potentially, they could screw you just as easily as not. There's been so many scam artists and whatnot, it's very difficult to see past first impressions. It's a subject that makes a lot of people angry, with good reason. In most cases, what we do every day isn't part time, it's our livlihoods, and although we want to help others, we're taking food from our kid's mouths and our own pockets to do so. I don't mind doing that for people who are deserving (if I can spare or if I can help with ideas or whatnot), but unless I know or trust someone, I just don't feel they can expect me to bend over, so to speak.

Thinking of it in THAT context, it's easy to see why some people take the whole matter very seriously.